Reviews for Playing with Fire
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Wonderful. I love Salazaar's reasoning, it's very good. Keep writing
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Have I told you recently how much I love you? Because I don't think there's enough room in my heart for how much I love you. You wrote me this...and I was absolutely speechless because of it.

The emotion you captured in this was just wonderful and brilliant and raw. And it turned out so great, despite how much you were struggling.

The fact that Godric refused to let his emotions interfere with the conversation was amazing. It was a professional conversation and he knew how to keep his personal life out of it. It's just so lovely.

You know, until this fic, I never even thought about /why/ Salazar would want to keep the Muggleborns and Half-bloods out of Hogwarts. But it made sense. It /worked/. It definitely gives more depth into Salazar's character. He wasn't the heartless bastard that he was betrayed as in the books. And I liked that.

["You are a noble man, Godric Gryffindor," he says as he stands. "It has always been your weakness." / "Just as your insistence upon rationality has always been yours."] - this is the line that inspired my Founders freeverse. And this line is just love. I don't know why I liked it so much, but I really did.

And it's this line [But knowing doesn't numb the ache that starts in your chest as you fully begin to realise that he is gone, and he is not coming back.] that broke my heart. Because Salazar isn't trying to hurt Godric by leaving, but at the same time, Salazar won't stand by and let his friends, let Godric die, because they are too noble for their own good. It really shows how much Salazar really cares, even if he doesn't show it.

This whole thing is just love. I really adored this. And I still can't understand how you can write everything so flawlessly.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This gives to why he might have left, it was good. I like that it wasn't very romantic, because I can't imagine these two men as sappy lovers, this described them really well. :)
TrueBeliever831 chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
I had to read this because you didn't make Salazar a complete assface, which is awesome.
Favorite Lines :)
"Just as your insistence upon rationality has always been yours"
"I will not stand by and allow you to throw yourself into the fire, Godric!"
and
You may have the rest of the world believing that you're a heartless, emotionless bastard, but I see right through that, so don't even attempt

You packed a lot of emotion into one little piece, and I absolutely love that. I love the imagery. Great job.
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
omygodperfection. hello new ship. hello new Sal!headcanon. omg.

this was just...fucking gorgeous and i can't even - idk if i've ever read realistic founders a.d yet you come along and -

(also i may have accidentally pictured this as johnlock just a little bit because steepled fingers and tiptoes plus Sherlock is such a Slytherin however I am still undecided on Gryffindor!John vs Puff!John /off-topic but your fault nonetheless)

um

i love you and your words and your face
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
How do you write every pairing - no matter what - so wonderfully? Seriously? It's annoying :P

But I loved this. I loved the explanation and I love Founders Era. Well done!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
I really loved how you wrote this, especially with Salazar's reasoning. In Medieval times, it sort of does make sense to avoid wizards and witches born of Muggles to avoid witch hunts and so forth. I might adopt this into my head!canon... make Salazar more... realistic in his reasoning to avoid Muggle borns and then have it get twisted along the generations as his legacy. Like... the real reason for the Chamber of Secrets is for his heir to have a basalisk to *defend* the school if necessary... (too much? too much of a stretch? ahaha ;D).

Regardless, I really liked this :D