Reviews for Ways of War
SquietSA chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
Interesting way of portraying Kyubey. I don't think I can say much more other than what already had been said. It's an excellent addition to the pens and petals AU series you have going on. I hope you continue to make more fics to this series if you ever have a new idea popping up in your birlliant head ;D
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Oh, my goodness, that was freaking sad! To tell the truth, as much as I love to see Kyuubey dying, it’s golden material for comedic works, but somehow having a degree in Economics makes me understand the ferret-marshmallow-satan thing, and thus I consider him to be one of the most complex characters of PMMM because of his utter alieness.

And you captured this trait in an excellent way in your fic, I thought it was interesting the way you portrayed that he (or rather, she) was human once, but still the type that is different from everyone else. The fact that after he decided to develop and perfect the Operation because of an act of kindness by a pink-haired girl shows this. In the end he’s doing what he thinks is the best, just like the original. And I still stand in my other review when I said he was creepy, because he is, he doesn’t think as a normal human anymore.

“They can always back out. They just never do.”

Yeah, that is sad and true.
Sgt Rypht chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Why are you such a good person? :D Thank you so much for my birthday present! I’m going to have to pull something together for you!

That being said, allow me to fan boy for a few moments. I didn’t know what to expect from you when you said you were working on another oneshot with Madoka. So I waited. I’m glad that I wasn’t disappointed. This was really well done!

Kyubey is a character that is pretty hard to hit. I think that you hit him perfectly. Normally, people sort of antagonize him completely. You just gave enough to make you see his point and sort of feel along his lines. Also, we got the chance to get into his head. Your Kyubey had a different voice in my head than the show’s version. I liked that. He seemed more like his underneath character archetype than what he normally portrays as.

That aside, you did real well with the overall execution of this storyline. I personally like this series that you are making with Madoka world and the war. It makes a very good twist to an already good storyline. One of my favorite lines in the story was: His little savior was dying on the television screen. Somehow, that seemed really powerful, and like a true observer that Kyubey is. I would like to see more fan fiction like this from Kyubey’s perspective!

I like how it was simply written and you progressed the story well. There were only a few parts where I would have liked a little bit more depth, but I can’t really complain because it was a style choice. It didn’t stop me from loving it.

Overall, this was a really good story! It was an honor to have it as a present. Thanks for sharing it with me. Keep up the good work!