Reviews for Sky
MrBogus chapter 18 . 6/25
Maybe I can help you a bit with your writers block here. It is quite obvious, that this is your first written story, because you seem to have added all the most common cliches regarding HP and worked them into this story. Everything, that most of the readers, and I assume, you have been a reader of Fanfiction far longer than a writer of them, loved to read about. Principially this is not a problem at all, if you are able to mix the different cliches and add them to the story, so the story works and edit out the different kinks. The problem is just, that you will have to edit more kinks out, the more cliches you edit into it. This is a common mistake many authors make (and the reason, why I am not writing as well). They add stuff they want to read about, stuff that they feel Harry should know / use / whatever, but sooner or later the story develops into a mess, where they struggle to get the different stuff any screentime at all.

Another problem, why this sort of storys mostly fall through, is, that you wrote the story in a way, that the power is totally unbalanced. Harry has different Animagi Forms, is tougher than Chuck Norris, better looking than James Bond and harder to kill than a good damn Ninja, but you kept Dumbledore and Voldi basically the same as in canon. There is such a difference between these two factions, that rationally Harry should be able to deal with these two very quickly and be able to get on with his life, but you, like most authors, want to recreate Canon with this "Super Harry", where he still stumbles into the same canon stuff and this makes it difficult to write and, at least in my opinion, unrealistic.

But please, don't be discouraged from writing, because I like the way you write your story, your "writing - flow" if you will, so this story at least will be a nice excercise.
CrystalVixen93 chapter 29 . 6/24
Love your story and can't wait to see what happens next so I hope you update again soon plz
NyngioHime chapter 29 . 6/23
No dissapointment whatsover! The way you went arround this issue is fantastic. I can't wait to read about how Barty is going to react when he realises just how much he f*cked himself over! XD
You're doing a great job with this story. Keep up the good work! :D
Gime'SS chapter 29 . 6/22
thanks for the update
Haraldr chapter 29 . 6/21
I can't say I'm disappointed that Sky won't compete because that would just create a bigger problem if Harry Potter return to the public eye. Questions of hiw whereabouts and Dumbledore meddling in. Besides, Harry Potter appears to have no magical training whatsoever, so Sky can't exactly show off his magical prowess.
Barty losing his magic and Voldy's plan crumbling and losing one of his most faithful, on the other hand, will be much more entertaining!
I am curious about something, if Arthur is an Unspeakable, how could he not realize that there's something wrong about his son's pet rat as an animagus. Won't his house have stronger wards?
Anyways, thank you for a great update and I hope to see more soon!
ej-83 chapter 29 . 6/21
*smirks* ohh..this should be interesting since sky won't have to compete..but am curious on how crouch jr is gonna pass off as harry since they do not have anything of his that can be use to make the potion anyway..forgot the name of the potion already..hahaha..sirius is probably gonna loose since its not snape anyway
Wishfull-star chapter 29 . 6/21
that was a wonderful chapter and I can't wait for more:)
Cateagle chapter 29 . 6/21
No, not disappointed at all; he's got enough on his plate now. 'Twill be most fascinating to see who does lose their magic when they fail to show up for the first task. I rather figured intent and desire had to figure into the Goblet's power at some point. Methinks the aftermath of the First Task should be quite entertaining.

Meanwhile, I can see Sky cossetting Dora for a good bit to bring her back to a steady condition. 'twill be most interesting to watch as their relationship deepens further.

What should really get interesting is if/when they go after the Mallorys for their murdering ways; I somehow doubt that family has any idea that some escaped, identified them, and have the ways and means of dealing with them. I suspect the revelation of this will come as a rude, painful, and likely fatal shock to all but the innocent within the family, should there be any.
harmless bystander chapter 1 . 6/21
I've read two chapter so far. I have questions. Why did Godric Gryffindor have a house in the United States, if he lived his whole life in Britain, and that before the Americas were even discovered, and therefore before there WERE european-style houses in america? How did the unspeakable manage to make a portkey to a place who's location he didn't actually know? Who cast fiendfyre at the house of a bunch of orphans and why would they do that? Why would a dark wizard entrap phoenixes in Godric Gryffindor's house? Why can the phoenixes talk? And did those orphans have any plot significance at all, beyond needless, unexplained drama?
Ignoring the fact that you are going all-out with the super-Harry tropes, and that your OC is a Gary Sue who conveniently knew everyone and everything of significance in the plot (and was the Head Unspeakable despite being friends with the Potters. Even if he was a 7th year when they were firsties, 8 years is not enough time to become Head of the most secretive department in the ministry), if there are answers to all this questions, I shall continue to read. If there aren't, well, there should be, shouldn't there?
Sakura Lisel chapter 22 . 6/21
Wait Ginny/Emily got WHAT memories back? She was YOUNGER than Sky when she had to be left behind, so she shouldn't have ANY memories left of her old family that needs to be 'returned'. Unless the Potters visited her when she was with Marlene while they were in hiding, what memories does she have a family she hasn't seen since the day they left her behind?
luramos chapter 29 . 6/21
Adorei,fazia muito tempo que não encontrava uma historia nova que me prendesse
jozs001 chapter 29 . 6/21
No, not disappointed. ITs rather getting even more interesting!
Jared51 chapter 29 . 6/21
Nice chapter
Short, but very good.
panther73110 chapter 29 . 6/21
Great chapter, I am so not disappointed Sky not competing cause it is more interesting to see what happens when they realize the person that put the name is will lose their magic.