Reviews for New Guard
Axccel chapter 10 . 6/20
The Russians and Chinese would simply be acting out of wounded ego. Neither would be concerned about a weaponized US Superman attacking them because they know the US wouldn't do that. Wouldn't stop them from trying to drum up as much fearmongering and pressure as they can to try and gain control or custody for their egos...and if they use him to conquer a few dozen third and second world countries, well, they'll just cry "'Murica iz bein mean ta us agaaain!" if called out on it.
Axccel chapter 6 . 6/20
Yes, the army kicks up trouble in the East for oil. Strange how America has received none of that oil and the people who own them still own them. Also strange how the army didn't go there until America was attacked. Weird, it's almost like some sort of...I dunno, act of self-defense or something. Crazy, right?

Yeah, Earth totally doesn't deserve Superman. I mean, nearly everyone is a good person but since bad people exist at all we are all, like, tooootallly undeserving.

That was sarcasm.

The wars are waged between tyrants nobody cares about. If their subjects prefer to let themselves be ground into the dirt, that's their choice.
Axccel chapter 7 . 6/19
DC Comic’s reaction is a good way to infuriate their readers enough to destroy the company via boycott. Also, attempte to copyright a person is...frowned vigorously on by the US government. Then there is the fact you cannot copyright someone’s attributes unless it is unique to an individual “i.e. not a species attribute”. Besides, Xander is not Clark Kent so the copyrights do not apply and if he was Clark Kent the law would require DC Comics to get his permission to have Superman stuff or the law would curbstomp them.

“God has little interest in this planet anymore, Ripper. We’re on our own.”
Says the guy who went back in time and made Superman. Sounds like divine intervention to me.
Nemhain2009 chapter 13 . 6/10
I’ve enjoyed reading your story!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 13 . 5/8
A really well written, enthralling story, kept me hooked and wandering what's under the ice. Is there plans for any more?
Qriiz chapter 13 . 10/30/2018
A complex and realistic story, I like it, a pity it's dropped.
crocket chapter 13 . 10/15/2018
umm superman throws borg infected stuff into the sun soon i hope...be nice if he use superman brains and works out how to rebuild data. love a sort of not story, story bit where xander first uses lazer eyes and does something stupid like o Niel wants a roast and he zaps a uncooked turkey or maybe a gould comes along out gate and makes xander jump and gets zapped. umm the nutty scientist of the friendly gould saying how week humans are then sees xander exercising with out them wrist band things
Guest chapter 13 . 7/1/2018
I love the story it's great I love the way you put all these characters together but come on dude it's been three years right something please
AnthonyR89 chapter 11 . 4/26/2018
...you realize that you pretty much have Xander being a trusting, impulsive idiot, right?

also, Kinsey's an idiot if he thinks any of the other mentioned countries, even Britain, would let the US lay sole claim to the tech on the enterprise. there'd be a war before they'd let that happen.
AnthonyR89 chapter 10 . 4/25/2018
something that just popped into my mind. you made a reference to Hellsing. Alucard would absolutely destroy the Goauld and laugh his ass off while doing it. he's basically a god. and has fought and killed literal gods. to say nothing of the FREAKS and other monsters of the Hellsing world.

personally, i like Todeswind's view on earth in his Dresden Files-Stargate crossover (a lot better in it sounds), in that earth is a hellworld that the Goauld were desperate to escape. with the Red Court, for example, being specifically created by the Mayan pantheon as Goauld predators. it also makes the Sidhe the Furlings, heh. and the Goauld having been actual gods, at one point, before being dumb enough to double cross the Sidhe and losing most of their power(a gross simplification, but i'm trying to avoid spoilers).
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 13 . 11/26/2017
Small point - it's the Royal Navy. Not the British Navy. Perhaps British Royal Navy might be another way it might be put.

Also, I presume that this Lord Marbury is a canon West Wing character? If he weren't, I might object based on how stereotypical he is - then again, I have actually met diplomats like that...

As for the fic itself, it seems pretty decent. Perhaps it could do with a tidying up or something, but it's interesting.
Shadowpawzzz chapter 13 . 9/17/2017
this was a darn good story. only wish that there was more.
Storiesdr chapter 13 . 9/17/2017
Thanks for this story. Hope you will continue it in the future.
Umbra.Venator chapter 13 . 5/20/2017
awesome story concept if a bit slow, pity it appears abandoned
Dr1zzy chapter 10 . 5/12/2017