Reviews for Snow Blind
jean d'arc chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
A bit late ... sorry :)

Great insight into Catelyn! She truly wanted to love him, but her anger at Ned was stronger. She could not be angry at Ned so she reacted upon the result of his shame - Jon. (regardless of what Jon's true origins are, Cat and everybody else believe he is Ned's).
I really don't understand why most people vilify her character so much. She's such a strong and corageous woman, a kind hearted person, a fierce loving mother, and she has a logical and practical sense very few other characters have. And yet, the only thing people focus on is that she didn't love Jon. ... But why should she love Jon? He represents the most shameful moment of her life! And she does not hate him, she just wants to pretend he is not there. And let's face it, she never did anything wrong to him. She never beat him, punish him, banish him, etc like you read in some stories. Jon was actually lucky his father's wife as Catelyn ...
Thank you for a very refreshing view ...
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
Well you've actually done an awesome fricking job...I get this is a kinda late review(2 years, facepalm me) but just came across this while looking for cat and Jon fics... You've written Cat perfectly... And that is one relationship that should have been allowed to grow... Excellent job anyways
LyKatherine Adhara chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
The way I wish she would think about him, that poor baby, beautiful and lovely. Thank you for this. :)

(Sorry, my english is really poor.)
justawritier chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
This was wonderful. While I don't agree with what she did I understand why she acted that way and this really explores that well.
Zeki Young chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I haven't ventured into this fandom at all, but have read the books from start to end. I lived them.

I'm not aware of the general perceptions around Catelyn Stark, but I have so much admiration for her. In Ned's absence she held her family together even as it dispersed with all of the might her place and gender allowed her.

That she could never love Jon Snow I think is right; she seemed a very cold character in some moments as a result. The foreshadowing symbolism of the direwolf and her pups was a wonderful little thing to start such an epic series with. The shunned albino runt. Ghost and Jon were never truly in the pack.

You know I will always enjoy anything you write so would be keen to see what the GoT fandom inspires in ya! I can't wait to see more of the tV series when more comes out on DVD over here.
brookemopolitan chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I think it's really wrong to hate Cat because of how she felt towards Jon. She'd be entirely unbelievable as a character if she could just accept her husband's bastard like it was nothing. She's actually one of my favourite characters Martin wrote and watching the Red Wedding destroyed me as a person (and Michelle Fairley TORE UP that final monologue)

This was a beautiful insight. Loved it lots
WhisperingTrees chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
that was i great insight into catelyn, well done
LD 1449 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
For your first run through the Fandom this is very well done. Better than most and that's saying something.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
This was a nice look into Catelyn's feelings about Jon. Along with what he meant to her marriage to Ned. How she was jelouse of a dead woman. Or a woman she would never know. How jelouse of not being able to have that passionet love affair. She had had with Brandon. That she wanted to despratly feel with Ned. I enjoyed this a lot. Thank you for sharing.
Lady Hamlet chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
That story is exactly the reason I pictured Catelyn's feelings to be concerning Jon. How sad!
Ink Of Many Shades chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
That's a beautiful depiction of Catelyn, who I also love, but I can't really say about its accuracy, because I haven't seen the TV show, only read the books, and she isn't quite like that in the books :) Very good.
Kcrane chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
I think you did an excellent job and would possibly like to read a chapter from Jons point of view after he finds out about the red wedding.
Arihas chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
"But it was not the love of the songs that so turned Sansa's head; it would never be the passion and romance of the epics, and she wondered if such love had conceived Jon Snow, and for that—she could not love him."

A brilliant sentence if you know about the most famous Jon-Snow-theory and twice as brilliant if you don't.