Reviews for Among Men
ESP chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
The opening and the closing were terrific- striking, original, thought-provoking. The middle was more.. eh. Like a millione other 'my true love died' angsty one-shots we've read before. But your writing style is good, you use good language. Good ideas but you carried on too much in the middle- melodramatic.

Then again, you've made me like Cho Chang a little more. Kudos.

Still. I am going to see what else you've written.
Contrarian chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Very good. It's refreshing to see that not everyone uses Cho to throw Harry and Ginny together. I can't say Cho is my favorite character, but she's more than a plot device. Kudos to you for recognizing that. This is also a very sweet take on the relationship between Cho and Cedric - I've never seen it portrayed quite this way before. And the last line of Cho's letter? I loved it. *adds to favorites*
LeCoeur chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
Wow. There are times when I love Cho, and times when I can't stand her. Somehow in this story, it was both. The last line of the letter is just ... heartbreaking, I guess would be the word.

I hate to be nitpicky, but this story would be perfect if not for a few typos (which we're all guilty of, I know), and as someone has mentioned, "You're friend" should be "Your friend." That teeny error just killed me because this story is SO great, I hated seeing it end on such a minor mistake.

Other than that, very nicely done! :)
Elluxion chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
Original, nifty piece of work ... however it seems more like a journal entry of Cho's ... I really don't think she'll pour her feelings out to Harry?

Perhaps Harry's response would be a great follow-up? :D We all know your talent ... you'll do a wonderful job on that, if you decide to write it.

(A little side note: bear with me! Probably the negative karma against Cho Chang is because the majority of writers think that Harry belongs with Ginny Weasley. I suppose Harry's only got a schoolboy crush on Cho and it'll never work out, but Cho's a good person ... so quit dissing her! :P)

Nice job ... as always. :-)

Elluxion
Topaz Waters chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Wow...that was positively brilliant!It's going straight to my favorites list. One extremely minor error-the last "you're" should be changed to "your".
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
Excellent ficlet. Loved the Cho's eye view of things. I thought it was really touching that Cedric wasn't dead to her, not quite yet. I'm also glad that she doesn't blame Harry. Too many stories make her out to be a tramp because she wasn't interested in Harry. I'm glad you painted her in such a sympathetic light.
AngryMew2 chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
AW! *tears up slightly* That was beautiful. And so...sad! *sniffles* I can't understand why people despise Cho either. I mean, Cedric was perfect. I guess. I wish more light had been shed on his character before he died. DOWN WITH YOU-KN...VOLDEMORT! HAH! I do not fear to say the name! Bwahahaha! Woah...Vanilla Coke too over there. Sorry!
fluffypinkpeep chapter 1 . 8/27/2002
You have a great story here. please keep writing.

please r/r my fic.