Reviews for All That Remains
Anna granger27 chapter 19 . 4/17
Hahaha
The pranksters got pranked :-D :-D :-D
aragorn in a dress and pink hair
I fell of the couch when I read this part
Tarellethiel chapter 16 . 4/15
Whenever I see kissing, or people holding hands, or anything romantic, I hide my face behind a pillow and pretend to vomit.
Teri chapter 8 . 4/15
Sindarin: Quenya:
Ada:Father Adar:Father
Atara:Mother Naneth:Mother

Don't worry, EVERYONE makes the 'nana' mistake. I only know it's 'atara' because I study Elvish religiously.
Telryi chapter 7 . 4/15
Olórin is Gandalf.
Sol chapter 6 . 4/8
Ahh! I want his family to know he is alive!
Sol chapter 3 . 4/7
Poor Ciaran! I knew it was coming, but still I'm not happy about it :'(
Fell in love with this story from chapter 1. Awesome, awesome, awesoooooome!
dd4213 chapter 42 . 3/21
Hey,

Ok, I don't normally do this so sorry this review is a little odd but I loved your story too much to not say anything about it. Not long ago I stumbled into the LotR fandom on , and chose a random fic to start reading. I am now SO glad I started with this one.

I think you managed to capture all the characters of LotR wonderfully, especially Legolas. He is one of my favourite characters, and it always annoys me how most writers love depicting him as the 'weak' character, having to be rescued every time. I like how in this story that was flipped and Legolas was doing all the badass fighting. Also, I think you managed to capture emotional bonding moments between characters and action sequences with equal flair and creativity. I especially liked your descriptions of Legolas' fighting style, and I think it's an interesting and unique concept to have one based on evasion, something I hadn't heard of before this. I do admit that humour is not your forte (though I did like the description on Megilag's cooking skills), but the small amounts that were in this story were amusing and broke up the dark angsty parts nicely.

However, I did think the amount of time it took for everyone to realise that Esgal was Legolas was stretched just a LITTLE bit because I thought (just from a reader's point of view, I'm no writer) it was a bit too much of a coincidence that absolutely no one mentioned the name of the Lost Prince or the age of the youngest elf. PLEASE do not take offense to this because it was just something I thought of while reading - is still an absolutely AMAZING story and I am SO glad to have found it.

Your OCs were great, 3D characters that are so rare to see these days. As I said above, I'm no writer, but I do spend a LOT of my time on this website and most OCs that are slotted into the story stick out terribly and make me shake my head at how Mary Sue they are. It was great to see that none of your characters (including the evil ones and canon interpretations), were 'perfect', each of them having flaws and weaknesses that any character should have. So, thanks for that.

Altogether, it was an amazing story that had great characters developments, story arcs, action sequences, dark & angsty parts, fluffy bonding moments, and just fit together amazingly. It isn't a PERFECT story (they don't exist), but it sure is an enjoyable one.

dd4213
This story was so fantastic. You are a very clever writer, and I enjoyed this far more than some published books I have read.
OdeFromParis chapter 1 . 3/15
I love this story! I was on edge till the end
Slytherin Shaman chapter 42 . 3/12
Approx. 36 hours later -
I started reading this after Mallorn posted some fanart for this story on DA, and liked the snippets of the story captured. (I happen to follow Mallorn for other reasons... I'm not sure what they are anymore, but needless to say, you're seriously lucky to have an artist like that doing fanart for your story!) And so, I clicked the link. I remember being a little put off by the synopsis initially, but as I read on, I couldn't stop... No seriously, I could *not* stop. I started reading at like... 1am and read until chapter 32 and passed out about eight hours later! And as soon as I woke up? I started reading again!

The story is amazingly well written, and I love that you've given Radagast a heavier role in your story. ((Not gonna lie, also love that you kept Thorin, Fili and Kili alive...)) I am going to be diving into the sequel tomorrow (mostly because I need a break and I'm gaming tonight), and I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to it!

Speculations:
*Aragorn is obviously the choice for wielding Mornestel (I noticed how you tied their aliases into the names of the Black Weapons)... I'm pretty sure Gimli will be your third (since that trio is hard to break up logically), but I wouldn't cry if it happened to be Fili or Kili. ((I may have a bit of a soft spot for Thorin's nephews...))
*Bereneth is probably one of the "Fallen" elves, which will make life... well... *interesting*.

Question:
*Will the blue wizards have any part in the future? It seems like this is Istari heavy, and it would make sense if the blue wizards had some part in restoring access to the Undying Lands... Blue always says "Water" to me, which is why I think that...

Thank you so much for this story!
Marina Healer
The Slytherin Shaman
wenduo chapter 41 . 2/28
Aww so good to see them more together again like it should be. Still will they ever see his true eye colour again? and what feelings will that bring? I guess i'm not the only one who did think of it. See you in the sequel
wenduo chapter 33 . 2/28
Great job with the warriores xD you know sometimes i wonder if the biggest danger for Elves is themself because they don't seem to stand all other culture so well?
wenduo chapter 31 . 2/27
Woah how can they even shelter all of the Elves from Lothlorien o.O
wenduo chapter 19 . 2/27
Haha lovely chapter. Those funny pranks xD never get involved in a prank war again would i have said.
2,095 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »