Reviews for The Oak and the Orcslayer
Sheherazade's Fable chapter 18 . 1/10/2014
This fic was really well-written with some pretty good development and dialogue. You don't see too many well-written Thorin/OC fics. Congratulations on being one of them.
Beloved Daughter chapter 18 . 11/15/2013
First of all, thanks for writing and posting this great story. I highly enjoyed reading it. I do want to say though that I wondered why Thorin was wandering by himself at the beginning of the story. Surely as king of the mountain, he would have been forced to take at least a few guards with him? Other than that though, really well written story.
Ardnamurchan chapter 18 . 9/22/2013
Yeah ! happy ending for Thorin and his beloved !
It warms my heart :)
I liked the way their relationship progressed and the issue of the differences between men and dwarves
Ardnamurchan chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
Hello ,
I like your story. Very sweet and true so far.
Nothing is rushed and it's great to have such a story taking place after the Battle of the Five Armies.
Thorin's still alive yeah :)

This line made me laugh in this chapter : "A totally irreverent and irrelevant thought occurred to him and he almost explained that he meant the evening meal, not dinner, supper, snacks, or whatnot as the Hobbit had taught him. "
TMI Fairy chapter 18 . 6/24/2013
PirateColey chapter 18 . 6/14/2013
Gah! The last few chapters! First of all, the battle scene was great. It didn't drag out like fight scenes are wont to do, but there was enough action to express the desperation and urgency of the struggle. Thorin calling out to Inara in his sleep/pain was heartbreaking. The 'As the Arkenstone is the Heart of the Mountain, so are you mine" bit was just LOVELY! I have to say, that once Thorin drew Inara onto the dias with him, the story could have stopped there. To me the last two sentences were unnecessary. 3
Corig chapter 18 . 6/14/2013
It was a lovely end to a beautiful story DJ :) ! I really enjoyed it ! Never easy for stubborn prideful beings to speak the truth ... !
Corig chapter 17 . 6/14/2013
i thought he had almost given up on himself ... :( sad but beautifully written ... sigh
Ithil-valon chapter 16 . 6/14/2013
So good to see my friend writing again and giving us such an awesome story!
Corig chapter 16 . 6/14/2013
now that's one hell of a battle! I didn't think he's have to strength to finish this one off ... I just hope he does live tell her his feelings ... And you DJ should be renamed Angst ;) .. but I was warned hahaha!
kili-grabmyhand chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Oooh, I quite like this. I like this a lot indeed. Inara intrigues me. I admire her attitude of 'then it leaves a scar' - that certainly impressed Master Dwarf. I've watched the film countless times but only read up to a certain point in the book, so I'm no expert, but I think I can safely say that you've managed to capture the essence of Thorin with a single chapter. Great job and I can't wait to continue reading :) the dynamics are very interesting between the two and I truly enjoyed it.
Corig chapter 15 . 6/13/2013
She came back because its HOME!Even if he sent her away ... shes one of them .. and will die for them... any more steamy scenes? I hope so lol ... ;)
Corig chapter 14 . 6/13/2013
Well FINALLY reason is getting thru that thick skull! Thank Eru for Balin ...and the ale ;) he hurts her...sends her to exile ...and she still loves and protects them... *see how good you write... * i wanna thrwarp Thorins noggin ...he needs it lol ;)
PirateColey chapter 14 . 6/13/2013
First of all- I have no idea what you were talking about when you said you had trouble writing fight scenes. Because these were well thought-out, pragmatic, and rather lovely. You have a great turn of phrase that make things flow really well when reading- I really like your style.

I'm not normally a fan of OCs, but I like Inara. She's strong, but she has faults and isn't over-powered, which makes her very believable.

My one suggestion/complaint/thing is that I wish you would have written a bit more between when Thorin and Inara hook up, and when he makes her leave. As it was, they got married and the next paragraph she left- I would have liked to see more of what happened in those missing months. I think showing how well they work together in a non-combat situation would make it even more heartbreaking when you tore them apart.

Can't wait to see what happens next. :)
Corig chapter 13 . 6/12/2013
hahahaha... poor Fili and Kili their ears are gonna be sore esp after Thorin gets a hold of them ... *Giggles* she cares too much for the pesty two and they refuse to leave her :) ... well you were right dear friend I DO like this chapter better ... :)