Reviews for The Courtship of Kikyou
Gargantua chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Seifergrrl,

My apologies for sending you this information in this fashion, but I have no other way of getting hold of you. I am writing to inform you that one or more of your stories are now featured on the new fanfiction community site Lucent Dusk I have enjoyed your works for many years, along with the works of others. I view Lucent Dusk as a way of expressing my appreciation for the creative talents in the fanfic world, and I respect your efforts entirely too much to not let you know where links to your work are being displayed.

I have only provided links to those stories I chose to feature. I have not archived any of your work (though if you are interested in archiving those fics I’ve featured, let me know and we will chat!). I have also attempted to provide links to places where you are archived, as well as any websites you might have. I invite you to check out your author page, and if the data you see there is incomplete or inaccurate, please let me know. I will happily make any corrections.

As an additional feature of the site, I would like to conduct author interviews. I am in the process of creating a questionnaire for that purpose; however, I know that not all authors would be interested in participating in such a thing. If you are interested, please let me know and I’ll happily send you the survey.

Again, it is my intention to honor the works of those authors that have provided me with enjoyment over the years. If you object to the site and do not wish links to your stories being on it, please let me know and I'll take them down. If you approve of the site, then I humbly ask you to inform your readership that you are featured there. You can contact me through the PM feature on

Gargantua
manga chapter 4 . 11/23/2007
This is so clear and poignant! It could very well be how things happened. I'm going to check out the rest of your stories now. _
A fairly random reader chapter 4 . 1/30/2006
This is lovely. The interaction between Inuyasha and Kikyou was terribly beautiful and struck very true to me. I also enjoyed the other aspects of this story: your descriptions of village life, the snow spirit, everything. It's been years since you've last updated, but I still hold on to the hope that you will someday pick this up again. I can honestly say that your work is the best piece of Inuyasha/Kikyou fanfiction that I've ever read. Thank you endlessly for sharing it.
kikyou fan chapter 4 . 9/1/2005
you should continue this story its very good and i would really like to see it finished good luck ok?
Connor chapter 4 . 5/10/2005
KUSO! I MUST READ MORE DAMMIT' THERE AINT NO MORE!
Motoko Aoyama 2lazy2signin chapter 4 . 2/1/2005
this is so good! why don't you update? please continue this story, because everything is just so perfect! hope to see the next chapter soon.
inu yasha chapter 4 . 4/4/2004
please
Woone chapter 4 . 1/22/2004
Oh, Amanda-sama, I love this story. I am a major Inuyasha being together with Kikyou fan. I have read this story so many times, and I still love it! It's so.. beautiful! *cries* I'm okay.. lol. I hope to read other fics that have KikxInu in it! You are a great author, keep going!
UnluckyBlueGoddess chapter 4 . 9/20/2003
Wow...that was amazing. So well written and you kept them all in character. And I like the fact we're able to know each of the main characters thoughts so well.

I never get why people hate KKyou so much. Have they not ever had someone they love impossibl to be with them? I don't, it's just that part about her that helps me relate to her more. I hope you write more soon. I love stories about the time before naraku with Kikyou and Inu. Well, later for now..
Sparkle85 chapter 4 . 9/11/2003
Love this pairing. this is the best couple, update soon!
ShiroInu chapter 4 . 7/6/2003
You really played Kikyou well,It sounds just like how she would be if she were still alive.I like the whole drama of this story,The little bits of romance and fluff small but enough to give you a warm fuzzy job.
Strife3 chapter 4 . 6/25/2003
I'm so glad you didn't forget about this fic. you're one of the rare fanfiction authors who manage to capture inuyasha's animal side, his youth and confusion, that is hidden behind his arrogance. And you manage to portray Kikyo the way she is, or the way she was, when she was alive. Strong, proud, but now without pity or emotion.. Only aware that to show it is to show weakness, which she can't afford.

Thank you for another beautiful chaper. I really hope you update again soon.
Sadistic Shadow chapter 4 . 6/21/2003
M'dear, you have just earned the highest thing you can from me: my respect.

Not only is your writing beautiful, and something I envy despite my own talent, but it is truthful.

Kikyou is my favorite InuYasha character. She was the only reason I started watching the show. And if it wasn't for a certain 'red-headed demon' of a certain mecha show, I'd have to say that she would be my favorite anime character of all time.

I am so sick of people [namely Kagome fans] treating her as if she was some kind of horrid monster! I am something of a Kagome/InuYasha fan myself, but I certainly do not hold that kind of hate towards the miko! While she may come off as a little too harsh when dead and seeking revenge, she was a wonderfully sweet, kind, gentle creature in life. It's a shame most see her strictly as a plot device or a roadbloack for their 'beloved couple' of Kagome and InuYasha.

This remarkable peice of literature is giving her every bit of justice she deserves. This is worth every single Kikyou-bashing fanfiction out there. This work shows her true self, the one people should see her as. Even Kagome/InuYasha fans should respect her as his first love. Kagome herself may not be too pleased with the miko's actions in death, but she respects her, as a 'person', and as Inu's former love.

For in all honesty? Kagome/Inu fans better thank their lucky stars that she ever lived. If it wasn't for her, InuYasha's cold heart would have never melted. And as horrible as the miko and hanyou's betrayel was, if it wasn't for Kikyou pinning him to that tree, Kagome and him would probably have never met- and if they had? He would have never gotten the prayer beads on his neck, giving him no motive to befriend her, let alone love her.

Thank you very much for writing this, and proving to me that there are some sensible and mature people out there, ones who are willing to come out of the closet to write about a character, willing to face all the complaints it could bring in (though I'm happy to note that you haven't received a single bad review that I can see). I would also like to thank your previous reviewers, and the ones after me, though most will never see this. I want to thank them for opening their minds to this wonderful character, and appreciating her for who she is. And for the one who has seen Kikyou in a better light? I must offer the most of my thanks to you.

Well, I think I'll cut this off right here. This beauty will definately be going on my favorite's list, and I'll be sure to keep a watchful eye out for future updates. Goodluck and godspeed, my new found hero of the writing world.

~*Shiara Kazikal*~

Sadistic Shadow
Bonnie Yang chapter 4 . 6/21/2003
Excellente! Fabulous, Bravo! Great story, but its a bit too long for my taste. Kikyo and Inuyasha rule!
Althea17 chapter 4 . 6/20/2003
haha wow! I like-no wait...let me rephrase that...I LOVE this story! LoLz definitely one of the top 3 inuyasha fics :) I was so glad to find an Inuyasha/Kikyo story (don't find alot of them) anyway great story and hope to be reading more (or was this the last chapter?) oh well keep up the good work! k bye! take care

thea