Reviews for Darkest Before Dawn
last1stnding chapter 8 . 3/21
Thank you for your kind words and interest in my stories. Right now, I'm sorry to say, I have no new WC stories. I may post an older one (first season) later on this summer. It has never been on the internet but needs some new editing.
I'm always proud to be a Peter fan and happy to be with the other Peter fans.
I have loved reading your fics, hope u write another one soon its been ages since u have posted a lovely Peter centric story. We Peter fans need to stick together :)
Ultracape chapter 8 . 12/31/2014
I don't recall seeing this story before but I really enjoyed it. I liked your description of the mess up in the prison when Peter had been poisoned. Large government institutions are so tied up in their beaurocracies that they prevent any type of direct action being taken in an emergency. People die because they get dropped through the cracks so I think that was much more true-to-life than fiction.

Anyway, thanks for writing this and Happy New Year.
Crystalzap chapter 8 . 11/23/2013
hehe this was great and mostly in character all around a few awkward moment between Neal and Peter I don;t think Neal would let happen and Neal went back to calling his 'father' James after he threw Peter under the bu so to speak, but the plot and drama was well done and the story draws you in :)
NDKidsMom chapter 8 . 10/17/2013
Such a satisfying ending! Now THIS is the White Collar I fell in love with. The stunt that Neal, Mozzie, and Diana put together on Harvey was CLASSIC. I could definitely hear Mozzie's and Diana's voices in that whole thing (loved the "Sheena of the Suite Jungle"!) It felt so wonderful to have Neal hearing the "cowboy up" in his head... kind of implying that Peter had become his inner voice now. I never realized that look Mozzie gets until you described it: he "made it appear he never blinked"! I know that look! I heard Peter's voice and saw his face when he said into the phone, "For some reason that greeting really worries me." I also heard kind of a "Poltergeist" sing-songy "They're baaack" from Diana. And then the ultimate thought from Neal that we all hope is really going through his head after four seasons: "This is what a family reunion is like when you actually liked your relatives." Well done! I had to finish your story before the premiere tonight, even if it means I'm disappointed it's not as good as yours. Thanks for a great story!
NDKidsMom chapter 7 . 10/6/2013
What a full and fulfilling chapter! It opens with lots of action (terrific job of making James into such a convincing and well thought-out villain), and then moves on to such satisfying h/c! Loved the two complimentary scenes going on at once with Elizabeth tenderly nurturing Peter, and June caring for Neal (thank you for not having it be Elizabeth ;) ). You brought back what we loved in Season 1 and 2 with Neal's and Peter's first thoughts being concern for the other. The conversation between Neal and Peter at Neal's bedside was right on the mark, from their opening greetings of "hey" to each of them guarding any real torment going on inside from each other. Using Elizabeth's later conversation with Neal gave us readers great insight into what they were each guarding and struggling with, too. If this chapter were a series of scenes in an episode, I can honestly say that I would be doing one of those repetitive rewinds on my DVR so that I could watch their faces, see their pain, feel the comforting over and over again! I've actually read this chapter three times already before writing the review!
NDKidsMom chapter 6 . 10/4/2013
WOW! This chapter took such an unexpected turn! I honestly did not even imagine that James would try to go after Peter! Looks like I'm going to get a bigger dose of h/c than I thought after Neal's beating! You did a very nice job on Peter's concern over, and yet his typical handle on, Neal getting hurt. And I loved the hug before Neal left the jail. Neal worked his charm nicely with the indigent with the book, and his panicked running off to save Peter was beautifully reminiscent of Company Man. Wonderful chapter!
NDKidsMom chapter 5 . 10/1/2013
What a totally refreshing chapter to read. This is the season 1 and 2 Neal and Peter that I fell in love with, needing each other, caring about each other, trusting that the other will have his back. What a fine job you did in capturing the voices of Elizabeth, Mozzie (who is so hard, and you got him spot on!), Neal, and Peter. And the part of me that just eats up any h/c is looking forward to Peter and El's reaction to the beating Neal took. EXCELLENT chapter. I wonder if the season 5 premiere will be half as good!
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 8 . 8/25/2013
Nice job...l
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
Gasp. what...o man, his dad is messed up!
NDKidsMom chapter 4 . 8/11/2013
Wow, what an incredibly packed chapter! I got chills and wanted to tear up myself over the image of the entire department standing up in the court room to show respect as Peter entered his bail hearing. And how much it must have choked him up to see his beautiful Elizabeth, and Neal willingly back in the anklet and there showing his loyalty! I felt so proud of Elizabeth not being willing to promise her husband's unquestioning return of a favor... it was probably more that she knew he wouldn't do it than her own belief that he shouldn't. James long and winding stream of consciousness was downright brilliant! You could follow his thoughts through his frustration, anger and fear as it led to drastic plans and a total disgust of his own son. How interesting that his attempts to disguise himself would not only show him the reality of his age and the effects of his hard life on his looks, but cause him to hear little demon voices mocking his ineptness. The whole internal dissertation sounds like a mind that has already crossed over the edge, and makes me think he is now capable of much more evil than before.
NDKidsMom chapter 3 . 8/11/2013
I'm finally back to having time for some fun reading! I hope you might enjoy getting some better-late-than-never reviews on your story!
What a wonderful portrayal of ALL the characters! I really love your OC, Arthur Anderson. He's got the right blend of humor, talent, determination, and competence. He'll be interesting to watch through the rest of the story, I'm sure. I enjoyed Neal's little meeting with Hughes and the realism of Hughes' reaction (including his first instinct to want to shoot Neal for breaking in!) It was refreshing to know that Neal was "tired and spent". You have El right exactly where I love to watch her: devoted, worried, determined. I could see in my mind's eye her posture on the couch and the look on her face when she watched Moz with a "mix of fondness and bemusement". You make me love their relationship all over again!
Misyel chapter 8 . 7/10/2013
What a genuine pleasure to know that everything got back into the places where it should belong..
Scarym chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
I just finished reading your story and I loved it. I couldn't stop reading it once I got started. : ) It was great to see June play such an integral part of the story. I love how she first showed up to calm Neal down and then offered to visit El. It would be great if the writers would do something similar.

I thought you really captured the emotions of Neal, Peter & El. I loved the scene of Neal visiting Peter in Jail. I so want a scene like that in the show. I am glad that she was happy to see Neal when he showed up with Mozzie to cook dinner.

That James is an SOB for trying to poison Peter. Love that Neal was the one to figure it out and save Peter. Poor Neal getting shot by his own father.

I really liked the Idea of Neal's with them working together as a team for Sterling Bosch. : )
Wondo chapter 8 . 6/28/2013
*Just Desserts* was so warranted! Glad for Harvey's comeuppance.
Thought-provoking ending to a captivating story. I see Peter and Neal together, in some capacity, at the end of Neal's sentence. What it will be ... only Jeff Eastin knows. :)
Kudos for a remarkable story, my friend! I'm sorry to see it end but I know you won't be able to hold off very long on the next WC fic!