Reviews for To Transcend Understanding
Chiizen chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Wow, it was really nice to read. I sincerely enjoyed reading it !
So I say, you can be proud of yourself !
Continue on writing such amazing stories !

Cheers from France, Chiiz.
April29Roses chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
A great one shot of a singular moment. A moment in which all that Arthur knows and feels comes together in a bolt of intuition and logic and heart! This one shot has a great immediacy and I loved his shout of laughter at the end. Well done!
MarauderRose1913 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Sorry, I'm on my phone, so I'm not logged in. That was WONDERFUL! That would be a great english assignment, well-structured, I could find no spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes (and I'm a grammar nazi) I thouroughly enjoued reading it :)
MarauderRose19136
mersan123 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Well done. A great little story, well written and enjoyable. Hope you are encouraged to put pen to paper again as it would seem you do have a talent there.
MildeAmasoj chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I absolutely loved this!
I mean, I can't explain it in words...
It was short yet so true and... *implodes*
I mean, this is indeed your best work.
As much as I love longer stories (mostly because I seem unable to write them), short stories with not many or not at all dialogues are amazing most of the time.
They're reflections and narration a of the story, and they express the character's feeling better than anything else.
I loved this, and I'll put this into my fav list.
You know, if a story is in my fab list I must really like it because my favorite stories aren't many.
And I really liked this!

And, believe me, I know how much it took you to write this.
I've been waiting for this for a long time, and it was worth the wait.

And the god thing is that you managed to explain the deep relationship between Merlin and Arthur, and for once with Arthur doing the thinking, without even considering that their relationship could be romantic.
It's amazing!

And the quote was great.
I mean great as in AWESOME!

Keep up the good work :D

Kisses from Italy!
-MildeAmasoj
ShockWing chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
I love it x keep it up :-)
Ryne42 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Okay, first of all, let me start off by saying that anything that is based on a John Green quote cannot possibly go wrong. That man spouts truths and insights while discussing slugs and nose-picking, which in my opinion is the ultimate mark of a true genius.

Secondly: the revelation. Like, holycrapwow, I love how it just COMES to him. One minute, he's thinking about Merlin being at home, and Merlin flailing all over the place about not being there with him, and probably charging in headlong to rescue him, like he always does. And then BAM, knowledge. I think my favorite part is that Arthur suddenly realizes that Merlin really does sacrifice EVERYTHING for him - even before the magic reveal. That's fantastic.

And third, but not least, the actual writing itself. I really like the cadence of this - it's something that a friend of mine pointed out in my own writing, especially Sinstan, and so I've taken to noticing the rhythm of the words that an author uses, the ebb and flow of their prose that really lend a sort of lyrical quality to it. Yours flows very naturally; it feels almost like a conversation, like a smooth river course tripped up by the occasional short-sentence rock that lends adventure and flavor to the mix.

I went back and read one of your earlier stories and a few of your drabbles, and I think you're absolutely right when you say this is the best Merlin fic you've ever written. In fact, even skipping from your first drabble to one of your last, you can track your progress as a writer. Your talent has certainly blossomed with practice, and it comes out full-force in this short piece. I sincerely look forward to reading your works in the future. Keep up the great work! *hugs*
Arkana87 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
This was very good! But too short! *lol* please update many long beautiful chapters to this brilliant epilogue very soon! :-)
FromTheCouncilOfTimeWizards chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
d'awwww :) i like it!
cmaa225 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Loved this! :) Write so more stuff like this, you are good. Keep up the good work. :)
Stealth Dragon chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
That was absolutely lovely. It's so incredibly rare to get a "confession of love" story that explores love other than the romantic, where brotherly love is just as powerful as romantic love. You're right to feel proud of this story :D And I adore the quote (even though I know absolutely nothing about the source), because lovesex, sexlove is a pet peeve to end all pet peeves of mine, and it's a prevalent attitude that I am monumentally tired of. There's other kinds of love other than the romantic, and I adore stories that explore non-romantic love.
Ocean Mint Leaves chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Awww this was beautiful! It made me giddy with bromantic love. Lemme give you a hug for auch an awesome idea and your incorporation of the quote! That was great! :)
27 | « Prev Page 1 2