Reviews for Fading Light
Illusion224 chapter 13 . 5/27/2011
Oh, this story was beautifully written, so many times I've felt genuinely sad reading this...

Oh for some reason I can't seem to find manipulate me... has it been taken off? If not could you send me a link please? I'd love to read it.

Akikee chapter 13 . 3/4/2008
I love your story so much! It was so touching!
FreshFish chapter 10 . 2/18/2008
Omgosh. Ryou is really going to die?

"I'll stick around until you tell Yami that you love him."

If thats the deal, I'd never tell so Ryou wouldn't die.

You know, you really did capture a lot of reality in this one. It was a year ago my son went through this same thing. Let me tell ya, when he came out after an entire day of surgery his little face was swollen, hair matted with blood, and he was still on the treach tube. He was out for another two days because of the morphine.

Then they didn't get it all. We had to do 5 weeks of radiation. This is terrifying how real this is. Fortunately, the light of my life is still alive. Radiation/chemo combo they do now really works much better than the old treatments.

This story is excellent. I really hope Ryou lives though.

Yami Malik needs to get laid! LOL

He's such a grouch!
FreshFish chapter 5 . 2/18/2008
Oh, no. It's not even Christmas when you stated in your bio and other fics you get moody and kill a character. Noo. Ryou! LOL
Yami-no-Hikari-7 chapter 13 . 12/17/2006
(sniff sniff) That was so beautiful. I'm gonna go read the sequel once I stop crying. Very well written.
S. Chensu and Luff chapter 13 . 4/9/2005

I found this story really touching, one of the few that has actually got my emotions all mixed up. I really need to cry but I can't so I've got a nasty, dry, burning throat instead *pathetic laugh*. It's so nice to read a serious, well thought out story in amongst all the usual, mundane plot lines (not to say that the overused plots aren't any good). Not that I haven't read stories where Ryou dies before but somehow...this is different. Maybe because it was cancer and it's a nasty, horrible disease that affects so many people. Or maybe, it's because he didn't die of old age, like the other story I read. Old age just seems better somehow, because you know it's going to happen eventually. Cancer isn't like that.

But now I'm just talking a load of crap really, I always end up writing reviews where I think far too deeply. Just thought I should let you know that this story is amazing and hopefully some of your other work will be just as good.

S. Chensu (on her own) x.

P.S. The part where Ryou tells Mokuba that they won't be going to Egypt was especially moving.
SmallInsect chapter 13 . 3/4/2005
Wow. Powerful. I kinda like the way that eveyrone was there with him at the end. Isn't that the way that everyone wants to die? Dammit when am I gonna have thr guts to write a death fic like this.

Anyways this ain't about me. I enjoyed this story particuarly as it transofmred Yami Bakura's character, which somepeoplemight think is dumb but I really like it. Well done. Some nice work.
Sugarmoe chapter 13 . 12/19/2004
*Sobs* That was so sad! I love how Bakura told Yami!Poor thing...I've also read manipulate and...definatly one of my favourites! I love you writing! Keep it up!
Christel Jenkins chapter 13 . 9/5/2004
I...I understand the title now... **tears streaming down face** Very good fic. P-poor Ryou-chan... I'm going to read it's sequel now... yeah...Ta... **sniffs**

~Astarte Katz~
konnistique chapter 13 . 8/24/2004
sweet and sad at the same time! poor ryou
konnistique chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
hershey-kiss chapter 5 . 5/31/2004
Oh Ra I was crying during this thing! It's so sad and well-written.
hershey-kiss chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
hershey-kiss chapter 13 . 5/31/2004
this is so sad! too too sad! So sad, it's like a Chicken Soup for The Soul story! I loved it!
El Conejo Morado chapter 13 . 5/29/2004
*sob* it was so sad and- and- and dramatic, and so well written, Hayashiba-chan practically cried! .~_~. poor Ryou-chan and Baku-chan and Seto-san...