Reviews for Beyond Familiar
Aletheya chapter 2 . 10/11/2013
Are you still going on with this story? It seems a very interesting and original plot to me. I'd love to read more of it!
GreenDrkness chapter 2 . 9/8/2013
Well I did expect him to turn into an animal I didn't really expect a snake was thinking more along the lines or a canine or avian hut this works too
Keep on the writes
Chantilly's Mom chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
Just found this story and think it has a lot of potential, especially if it allows Hermione to loosen up a little and actually have some fun her first Hogwarts year...as well as giving Harry the opportunity to see the magical world while still hidden from the whole "BWL" line of happenings. Looking forward to more of the story one day soon.
musme chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
I love it!
Beawr chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
Eeeek! This looks incredible! Update PLEASE!
SpaceHead3 chapter 2 . 7/19/2013
A most interesting start! I look forward to the next chapter.
maggerat chapter 2 . 7/9/2013
Hi, I hope this makes your writing a little more rewarding. I really like this story so far, it has a such a promising premise.
avidbeader chapter 2 . 6/30/2013
You have my interest. This concept is one I personally haven't seen much and I'm curious to see where you go with it.

The only suggestion I have at this time is to consider incorporating more dialogue to show what's happening, rather than big blocks of text to tell what is happening. I know that's going to be a bit tricky at times considering Hermione is talking to a snake, but perhaps bust up some of those very long paragraphs into smaller chunks.

I do like your Hermione's thought processes. She feels very in character.

I hope to see more of this soon!
Wulffe chapter 2 . 6/15/2013
Good chapter ..

Even as a snake .. Harry (Agahn) is a "hero" ..

Yeah, I agree about Dumbledore being a dunce about stuff .. as well as Ron being a prat .. aught to be funny when Hermione shows up with a snake a school .. lol

;-}
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 2 . 6/13/2013
Another wonderful chapter.

I greatly enjoyed your characterization of Hermione, you captured all her endearing qualities perfectly especially her inquisitiveness and kindness.

Harry as a snake was entertaining to read, I look forward to seeing her parents reaction to her new "pet"

One look at Agan and Ron will label Hermione a dark witch, he's not very considerate and quick to judge, well his friendship is no great loss.

As always thanks for sharing, I eagerly await your next.
Smithback chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
nice
Guest chapter 2 . 6/10/2013
Cool story and I'm interested in seeing where it goes. The only thing is your blocks of paragraphs are a bit much to read through. Plus you dialogue should be spaced out and not all bunched together in one paragraph. If one person says something then it's one line and then you'd press enter for the next dialogue line. i.e: This is a huge block that should be broken up:

Cautiously, Hermione softly called out, "Excuse me, um, Mr. Snake, if you don't mind, would you come out here for a moment please? It's just that, well, I've never really talked to a snake before and I'd like to learn more about you if I can." After waiting a few moments for a response, she began to wonder if she should leave to avoid bothering her serpentine savior if he didn't want to talk. Just as Hermione decided that she would leave and started to get up, a movement from under the bench made her wait. Slowly the large snake made its way out from under the bench to stare at Hermione with its head cocked in a way that clearly said "I'm here, now what?" "First off, I'd like to thank you for helping with those two boys earlier." At this the snake seemed to tense for a moment before shaking its head and wagging the tip of its tail at her in such a way that seemed to tell her not to worry about it. "No matter how you feel about it, I thought I should at least say thank you. I also wanted to know if you talk to other people or if it was just me. This time the gesture was impossible to misunderstand as the snake's tail pointed unwaveringly at her chest. "So, you know what I am," Hermione whispered, "you know that I'm a, a witch?" At this the snake hesitated a moment before carefully dipping its head in the affirmative. "Can all snakes understand people?" This received an immediate no. "Well, can you understand all people or only me?"

Broken up it should look like this:

"So, you know what I am," Hermione whispered, "you know that I'm a, a witch?"

Good start.

Thanks.
blakekeane chapter 2 . 6/11/2013
Good story, but i have a question. Is this story a Harry/Hermione romantic pairing or just a Harry/Hermione as a Witch and her familiar?
DaydreamingMagicalWorlds chapter 2 . 6/11/2013
Hi,
I am quite interested in your story and I hope you will continue it. If you need a second opinion on anything or need ideas, I am happy to help.
Remy ;)
Wingless Kingless chapter 2 . 6/10/2013
Eager to read what makes Agahn special, maybe even how he is special only to Hermione (laughs)