Reviews for Brothers Black
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 4/18
The SevReg development is gradual to perfect.. Oh Slytherins.. XD
Charlottees chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
Once again you have delivered perfect characterization and story lines. You're just a brilliant writer, not much else to say other than express once again how perfectly you grasp the concepts of Regulus (especially) and Snape. Loved it. Thank you.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Ooh, this was really good. I like how it started and it seemed to lead very naturally into the progression of Snape's and Regulus's relationship. I liked the characterization of Regulus as quiet and innocent and the idea that Snape would provoke him just to see how far he can push him somehow seems very IC for Snape. Only one small concrit-I stumbled slightly on the phrasing 'He has pulled it out of his ribcaged safe-zone' ; the language for most of this piece is very flow-y and poetic, so 'ribcaged safe-zone' somehow seems a bit concrete/out-of-place, I guess, for lack of a better word.

Anyway, great one-shot!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Firstly, the title makes me think of Reilly's Andi/Ted. I just had to throw that out there.

Why, Laura? Why do you do this to me?
Because as always, you made this believable.

["May I ask something of you?" / "Not without cost"] - THIS. JUST THIS. Seriously. This it totally /Severus/. Everything comes with a price. (This also happens to remind me of Once Upon A Time where Mr. Gold says, "Magic always comes with a price"). Yeah. My brain. It's a scary place.

["how do you stop caring?" /"…you pretend not to long enough that the feelings cease."] - But this doesn't actually work. I've tried but it doesn't. You still care but you just pretend that you don't. It doesn't solve anything. But I love how that's what Severus tells Regulus to do.

[You can't help but use his first name, because Black will always be his brother.] - I don't know what makes this line so powerful, but it is. Maybe because Severus sees Sirius and Regulus in two different lights despite the fact that they are still brothers. I love it.

And then the smiling. I love that Severus isn't smiling with his lips, but Regulus still notices this and smiles back. It's just beautiful.

I love how Regulus takes Severus' words to heart and acts like he doesn't care about Sirius anymore. It's just so heartbreaking to see that Sirius still does care so much about Regulus, but Regulus just wants to stop caring about him. And the fact that Sirius retaliates on Severus is just so /him/.

[You knew how much caring could cripple you and yet you let it happen all over again, you let another have the key to your heart. /At least this time, you know better than to let him walk away with it.] - I love how Severus thinks. I love how, in the end, even though Severus cares about Regulus, he still won't allow himself to be crippled. He won't let Regulus have the key to his heart because of what happened with Lily. It's very Slytherin of him.

I adored this. I love how you manage to make everything you write believable. It's a skill I wish I had.
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
YOU. OMG.

I love you.

And this is perfection. I mean really? Really, Laura?

That first paragraph is all kinds of yes. You pretty much owned Sev's character here. I love it.
How he acknowledges that Regulus isn't like Sirius and how he insists on calling him by his first name and having associates not friends. alsdkfjalds;kfj

And you manage to slowly work your way from meeting to companionship to friendship to THIS: [Instead, Regulus kisses you back just as fiercely, deepens the kiss, shoves you backwards onto your bed. Peppers kisses that turn to nibbles that turn to bruises on your throat and this is so much better, because this will hurt him so much worse.]

AND THISSSS [You very nearly go through with it.]

AND THISSSS [You are a /fool/.]

I'm so proud that you're my wifey.

I'm going to shut up and favorite now ok?
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Very good. I like how he slips under Snape's skin. Keep writing
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
This was perfect. I love how it was written; not sappy but real.
"he became so much more than just a way to screw his brother — figuratively, that is. You're only literally screwing the one of them." That line was brilliant, it made me giggle.

The last line was wonderful, it was sad and sweet at the same time. :)