Reviews for Happenstance
Digi-fanCatt chapter 10 . 9/18/2014
Well, shoot. I love this story! I can't wait to see how it plays out!
crestoflight3 chapter 9 . 11/13/2013
Glad to see this uploaded again! I'm enjoying the character exploration...there are a fair number of them now, aren't there? I admit, I'm going to need to reread a bit of this for it all to flow and make sense again, but I can't wait to see what happens next, with the threat of Vamdemon and everything...

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/6/2013
Can't wait to read what happens next
crestoflight3 chapter 8 . 8/5/2013
Splurge of emotions! It's hard, taking a four-year-old and trying to make her comparable to the older age group that's reading this. But I like the confusion, both for Hikari and for the reader...the former will have trouble understanding everything as a general basis, and the latter is just waiting for it all to make sense. And the newer human girl, Olivia...hmmm. It sounds as though she's a Digidestined of some sort or other, but I can't quite figure her, or Iris, out just yet.

Keep up the good work! Take your time; some chapters are always easier than others, you just have to work through them!
crestoflight3 chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
When I noticed this story was updated, I couldn't help but smile. See, you don't even need to write anything anymore, you merely have to say you're uploaded and you've already gotten someone to smile!

Euthalia can use her energy...definitely making me think of the strange light that embodies her in Adventure and frees the Numemon...

Time is weird...? Actually, now that I think about it, that does make sense. I just kind of ignored her sleeping, because she's a little child and...well, who knows what the Digiworld was doing to her during that time? But I like the idea that she still feels on Earth time.

A reference to other Chosen...hmmm. You're not dropping as many hints as you think, you know that? Hah, it'll be clear sometime. Keep up the good work!
vampiregirl623 chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
Can't wait to see what happens next and if it leads to adventure 01
crestoflight3 chapter 6 . 7/13/2013
What a chapter! Goodness! But at least, finally, I have theories...okay. there were eleven other Euthalia's...corresponding with the other eleven Digidestined, perhaps? And the different lights..assuming this story will lead up to Adventure 01, could that be related to the light that Hikari converses with and makes her light up?

Keep up the good work!
endlessfun chapter 6 . 7/12/2013
great chapter
Dunk234 chapter 6 . 7/12/2013
Very good so far, please continue.
crestoflight3 chapter 5 . 7/4/2013
Another intriguing chapter. So much is being added to the plot, I'm trying to keep it all straight...I think I'm failing, but I'm going to try to reread these first chapters soon to keep everything straight in my mind. I'm sensing a conflicting opinion between Gennai and Lucemon...and the Digital gods themselves...with Hikari in the middle. Poor little four-year-old. I can't wait to see where this all leads! Keep up the good work!
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 5 . 7/3/2013
Well, that last line cannot be good!
crestoflight3 chapter 4 . 6/27/2013
A little bit makes sense...though I'm still slightly unsure if Lucemon is good or bad or indifferent. Sometimes he seems as if he really does care, but then he seems to have a greater plan awaiting...

I have this strange hope that the Pagumon that Vandemon was briefly considering will Digivolve into Demidevimon...just because I like the connectivity of that...

Another good chapter, quite intrigued by the multiple characters and plots going on at the same time. And the enigma that is Kari, since she has the Nexus mark and knew those words to activate the box/bracelets...keep up the good work!
thats-a-moray chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Really nice opening paragraph here. I liked the distinction she made between what and how, although it seems like a very deep distinction for a four year old to make; but I especially liked the idea of "dreams" being the only place where scary things happen at four.

So is this Koromon or Agumon? The girl keeps calling him Koromon and sometimes the narrative does too, but you referred to him once as Agumon and the way you described him sounds more like Agumon than Koromon. And then later he's Greymon, but you keep referring to him as Koromon. I understand why you did this, but it's a little bit confusing. I think it would be easier to follow if you always had the characters refer to him as Koromon and then used the proper name of his digivolution in the narrative.

[The parrot cawed with delight as something beautiful and really scary shivered through the air.] Love this sentence. 'Beautiful and really scary' is a nice touch. It's like 'awesome', as in the original meaning of the word.

Some amazing prose in this chapter, too much to point out really. I liked the re-occurring dream imagery. I must admit I felt pretty tense when I thought that Agumon was dead. I felt especially bad for poor Hikari. It reminded me of when I lost my first pet and it was so hard to understand that he was dead. Fortunately, Agumon wasn't dead, but this is almost more confusing for her. Great work!

SPaG:

["Onii-chan... do you think Koromon will be okay?] Need a quotation mark at the end of this sentence.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 3 . 6/20/2013
Interesting twist buddy:). Wonder how it all connects?
crestoflight3 chapter 3 . 6/20/2013
I'm slightly confused, but it's a confusion filled with thoughts and predictions of possible outcomes. Gennai has a nice, strong character, although I can't quite tell what his role in everything is yet. Well, this is the first chapter we've seen him...he's got plenty of time. The rest of it was, of course, astounding...especially the interactions between Gennai and Gaomon. You find a way to create a familiarity out of those two, even though they're new to this story. Congrats, and I can't wait for the next chapter!