Reviews for Strain
Overthinker Core chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
(I had to stop reading to go to school, so I hadn't read the end of this when I wrote the next words down in a piece of paper): Wow... everything he've been through, all that pain not only physical but psychological too... but it's good that it happened, because now he's safe with Chell. Well of course it isn't good to be tortured, but it have only been- Wait... It have been TEMPORAL! That's it! Being stuck in space is better than being tortured, but he would never had returned to Earth, he would never had been with Chell again! Space is the first rail, the first place, it's eternal, it's the one he avoided. Being tortured by GLaDOS was the second place, and it's temporal and lead to the third one, which was being with Chell, safe and finally feeling good about himself, and being finally... redeemed. Oh my... The Redemption Line...

Sorry for not reviewing all of the other parts of this fanfic, but I didn't want to waste time reviewing when I could keep reading! Seriously, I've read it all in two days, non-stop! Well I had to stop to eat, go to school and do homework, and of course, to sleep. but all the time I kept thinking about it: "What's going to happen next?"

I've read some Portal fanfictions now, and I say, I wanted to read something like this because I couldn't make up my mind about how I felt about Wheatley. He's a character that I like a lot at first, but when I thought about it deeply... I wasn't sure about it. "Is he evil? Is he a victim? Is he a moron? Does he really deserve being stuck in space? Or being forgiven? Or not being forgiven?" And then I realized why: In none of the previous fanfics I've read he's been pushed to the limit. In none of them he stops being so stupidly optimistic, never ever. And even if I love optimism, it was just repetitive. He didn't learn anything at the end. He kept feeling pity for himself, never completely taking all the blame for what he'd done. Even if he sacrificed himself to save Chell (which he did in one of the fanfics, except he didn't die because he was lucky), torture is a different thing. It's not like "Well, it's over. I've been through a lot, and made a lot of mistakes, but I finally did the right thing. Now I'm going to die, but I'm happy". No, this was different. GLaDOS made him believe that he deserved all that pain, and erased all hope, finally making him stop from being optimistic, and he went numb. They say that you don't know what you've got til you loose it. He had lost hope, so when he finally was sure that Chell really was there for him, and that they were, once and for all, away form GLaDOS forever more, he regained his hope again. And that hope was Chell. NOW he'd learnt. He will not make the same mistakes again.
(Now that I'm back home and I've finished reading this, I see that part of my review is clarified at the end of the fanfic! And that's really cool because it means that I was right!)

WOW what a long review! My longest yet!
TL;DR - I've LOVED your fanfic. Thank you for creating it!
PS: OH MY, THERE'S ANOTHER ONE-SHOT THAT I STILL DIDN'T READ! TTYL
Eden chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
Oh my god.
This was a beautiful fanfic.
I re-read it like 7 times.
I'm usually embarrassed to admit, but I cried during Wheatley's outburst and when he was scared of Chell.
This was so touching.
Thank you for creating this amazing fanfic.
I love this.
raykawolf2941 chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
This. This was amazing. I loved this! The feels :')
Jaywings chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
Oh how we laughed and laughed, except I wasn't laughing

...Y'know I have been wondering. Where does Chell work in this story?

Oh yeah I forgot he read The Hobbit in this one XD I always used to go back through and reread those riddles because I liked some of them a lot.

Oh nooo, Wheatley no don't do that

ALSO AHH BEST ENDING EVER
steph chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Why does this have so few reviews? It's brilliant! Both Chell and Wheatley are so in character, the description is amazing and just... Wow. Well done!
TheDualWriter chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
I love your stories and I hope to see more.
Ella Taylor chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
This was a pretty touching fanfic, along with Wheatley's reactions being incredibly realistic.
I almost cried for the first time this year.
B chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Oh i am so glad you did this one! I thought it was very realistic that Wheatley still isn't perfect, he still has a selfish streak. He is almost like a child in that respect, not seeing things in perspective when he lashes out. Chells reaction was so in character too, especially considering that his tone of voice in that moment does remind her of when he betrayed her. I like how they have got even closer despite that, and are able to form a genuine friendship again.
These two short additions feel like they are leading up to something more, and i really really hope you have more in store for us because i have really enjoyed this series. Personally i think it would be interesting if Wheatley had to come with Chell to go on her monthly trek back to the shed entrance. Also despite the apology, between the two of them his betrayal hasn't been discussed much, his mentality at the time. I would love to see more of that. Maybe if he had a dream where he was back there and suceeded in killing Chell, that would open the floodgates for that. Regardess of what you do with it, it would make me so happy to see this story continue to be told.