Reviews for Flowers for a Ghost
Avarenda chapter 10 . 8/14/2013
you need to post your new fic here too!
Don'tRunJustHide chapter 9 . 8/11/2013
So glad I just discovered this story. Looking forward to an update. :)
SilentlySlaying chapter 9 . 8/10/2013
Go Slayers, putting the Maclays in their place. :) There should probably have been some punching though. For good measure. (And I'd like to point out that I wrote that before reading chapter 9 :p)

Dawn and Buffy seem to be back to "normal" now. :D I liked the references to the various season five stuff and Dawn understanding what Buffy is feeling.

The "you're not really her sister" line was a bit of a cheap shot considering Faith was the one doing the mass avoidance thing – Buffy had done literally nothing wrong here. She was just trying to reach out... which she, err, then did literally. :p I think the show may have desensitised me to the Slayers hitting people (Overall, Buffy is probably worse for it, though in her defense she did have a lot more screen time than Faith) … which, thinking about it, I'm pretty sure is a bad thing. Either way, Faith's reaction was entirely unexpected, and it makes what happened seem a lot more dark and unsettling than it would have been otherwise. A good twist, and it'll be interesting to see how they get past it.

Faith's “You look at me and see her” line was a little on the hypocritical side though – she's been doing the exact same thing since Buffy arrived.

Grr, stop trying to make me pick sides! :(
webber82 chapter 9 . 8/8/2013
feeeeeeeeelings! all the feeeeeeeeeeeeeelings!
webber82 chapter 8 . 8/8/2013
weird love IS better than no love! :D
buffton chapter 9 . 8/6/2013
Incredible story, can't wait for more!
Ani chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
I dont normally review fics, but this is so amazing! I like how Dawn wants to watch Lost and Delirious :D
I love Faiths reactions to Buffy, especially when she hits her. I mean, this Faith isnt technically the real Faith but you make it so believable!
Update soon please :)
SilentlySlaying chapter 7 . 8/4/2013
I had to google hohos, and I was expecting some kind of wacky, sugary, lucky-charms-esque cereal. But no, Faith's breakfast was somehow even more unhealthy. Also, twinkies, hohos and ding dongs? Worst (Best?) marketing department ever.

So anyway... Tara was pretty accepting considering the absurdity of what she was being told, but I can imagine she'd be desperate enough to believe just about anything that could get her out of her sucky situation. I'm pretty sure she'll say yes and go back with them. For some reason it didn't click at the end of the last chapter that Tara would be in trouble, even though it should have been obvious, so when considering where you were taking this I overlooked the option where Buffy is just being awesome and looking out for her friend despite the fact that her world is all askew. :D

Oops. Faith getting the wrong side of the stick was a good catalyst to get her and Buffy, err, talking. (And after she mentioned it, I went back to re-read that part and could totally see where she was coming from. Living together. Family. Special. Lol... yeah. Hopefully Tara didn't come to the same conclusion; nobody wants to see a sad Tara.)

Haha at the will-they, won't-they with the first kiss. You're a bad person. :p And then they blew right past kissing. After that, I figured there'd probably be a little awkwardness and/or avoiding the next morning, but I was more expecting a them-falling-asleep-in-each-other's-arms ending. With what actually happened (Poor Faith :( I know I've mostly commented on how weird it must be for Buffy, but it can't be easy from Faith's perspective either - living with a clone of the person you've loved and lost, reminding you of just that every day), it seems like awkwardness might have been a slight understatement (Or possibly an underthought).
Kelevra2501 chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
You are really brining the whole Buffy/Faith fandom back for me! I can't wait to read more!
SilentlySlaying chapter 6 . 8/3/2013
lol at the intro. That entire first bit was wonderful and left me grinning. I can't decide who would have found it more awkward. Maybe Buffy as I guess Giles would have already sat through some sort of coming out from Buffy-B. Plus she's already all confused to start with.

The rest of the scene was good too, including the mini flashbacks. Faith and Buffy watching a movie together with Dawn asleep on the couch - so domestic. :)

I'm curious about the Tara thing. It could just be a minor side story to give Buffy and Faith something to do while their relationship continues to develop (As there's no big bad or anything in the story), or, with Tara being (I assume) a less useless witch than Willow, it could be for the trying-to-get-Buffy-back-home angle. Or, of course, it could just be an excuse for a road trip and more mocking of Buffy's driving... which is never a bad thing :p
Ana Devolin chapter 9 . 8/3/2013
Wow. This is one of my favorite Fuffy fics! I found it earlier today and read the whole thing. But about this chapter... whoa. I can understand why Buffy would hit her - seeing her as the other Faith, you know - but I also totally get Faith's reaction! -is sooo excited for the next chapter-
Ryoko05 chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
Oh damn :( This is a wonderful wonderful point to bring up in the story; the fact that Buffy and we all expect that when these two get angry they come to blows. But Faith has had trauma in her past so that fact that someone she loves hits her out of anger would be a major problem. Also, since Faith is majorly shocked by the hit Dawn is not gonna like it at all. I'm so excited to see how you deal with Buffy hitting Faith. Thanks for the update!
Micktrex chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
That scene near the end was such an awesome use of this story's concept. I can't give you enough kudos for shining a spotlight on the overly violent relationship Buffy shared with Faith in the show and the ease with which Buffy especially slipped into it. To see this other faiths horrified reaction was really cool and took me by complete surprise.

"This isnt your fucking fucked up world!"

Unnngh that line. To think this is happier version of the buffyverse where a perkier Buffy existed makes me want to see how you write her all the more. I cant see these two resolving whats just happened in the last chapter. I kind of hope they don't because Faith's point was so justified and she must realise how alien this Buffy is from the one she's lost.

Update quickly as possible eh? How about tomorrow? :p
CalypsoCoast chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
All kinds of awesome!
meetwickedfaith chapter 9 . 8/2/2013
gah buffy! you are a complete tool! the biggest of all the tools! and that's me being nice! i can't believe she did that. old habits die hard hey. you definitely shocked me there as i was NOT expecting that turn of events. and whilst i don't like this development, it's also nice to be surprised and get a new twist in the tale. i'm so glad this faith didn't react in an aggressive way. and i hope buffy properly realises how wrong it is to be violent towards her. this is going to take a lot of making up. you have me gripped.
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »