Reviews for What it takes to be Hokage
Zsombi chapter 9 . 9/8
Really.. to make such promises. It just cannot be kept. I guess it could be until he dies, but what then?

No, no, no.. I still say a wide area chakra supressor is the way to go. Make one big enough to cover the entirety of the Elemental Nations.. maybe make it feed off of nature chakra, have the anchor be the planet itself and have hself access to the highest and only super user privileges for such a system. That way he could personally decide who other than himself is exempt from its effects, for how long and under what conditions.. like a contract or something that only he can approve.

The Uzimaki are pretty laid back, kinda hippies and many things nice and happy.. so them being the single large cohesive group who would remain unaffected would make them like benevolent gods among ever squabbling ants.

No chakra greater than the common peasant no matter what means: no bloodline use (even if some could somehow unlock a sharingan or its higher forms, due to extra low chakra they would instantly deactivate and be useless for anything but seeing), no body or tool chakra enhancements, no chakra techniques, no senjutsu because it too requires neutral chakra to sustain/use even if one could sense and gather it, no canon plotline because with such pitiful chakra levels not even Zetsu coud actually accomplish anything, no rinnegan because one needs tons of chakra to unlock it, let alone use it, no summonings, etc. No jinchuuriki.. well maybe the sand raccoon could be put in a pot because he's too troublesome but the rest of the 9 couldn't care less what the monkeys do if they behave themselves, like civilized people should.

Basically it would be the end all be all technique. Then, the only thing left would be becoming immortal so he can actually keep and enforce his promise forever.

But I can already guess, that this story is another with an idiot Naruto and even greater idiot Uzimaki.. and even greater idiot everyone who agonizes about the pettiness of these wars yet are so stuck in their ways they can't see the single solution to most of their problems. But it's so simple xD xD

Even with the wars solved by such a simple solution, the story could still continue, because people, like IRL, are hard to manage, so a story about what makes a good leader (w/o immortal god emperor) would still have been a good read. Just more slice of life, settlement/empire, world building, and politics and stuff, than battles and flashy techniques flying about.. and angst.
Zsombi chapter 8 . 9/7
Wow, what a moron. The Uzimaki are the supposed seal masters.. The Seal Masters.. and yet they fight like the stupid monkeys everyone else is.

Really.. all they would need is activate a wide area chakra suppressor with exceptions to the user and its allies.. and BAM! instant domination of all battles where the use of chakra matters, which is 99.999_infinity% of them.

Based on the little snippet at the beginning and this incident I can already see, that any future conflicts will be, one way or another, Naruto's fault, directly or indirectly. It's like he's destined to be forever a moron who can't do anything right.
SlayKills67 chapter 24 . 8/29
I like story up to the time hashirama senji sent Naruto to the new future created by them
JTheFireLord chapter 32 . 7/8
The first half of the story with the simple time travel plot was so dang enjoyable that when Naruto got sent back to an altered present I was actually pretty frustrated. It went from a 10/10 to a 6/10 for me (at the time). I thought that it was gonna end like all great stories; unnecessarily changed and confusing. But! I'm glad I continued because the pay off at the end was nice. Though, I really wish you brought back Hashirama since you brought back Mito and Madara already. Hashi and Madara were literally the other main characters, and with Hashirama missing it felt a bit incomplete. Anyway, in the end I had a great time reading this really well crafted story. You're a great writer!
I think I'm gonna cry...

This is so heartbreakingly sweet and My emotional stability may have fallen a bit since I didn't even realize this was the last chapter
realfan16 chapter 31 . 4/9
lmao the way our uzumaki flexed his shodai title on the battlefield. just loved it xD. Hmm Pretty good ending all things considered TT_TT can't believe i read this far without seeing "complete" tag, been preparing myself for terrible cliffhangers. TT_TT thanking heavens that i was wrong
realfan16 chapter 31 . 4/9
realfan16 chapter 30 . 4/8
Expected yet unexpected
realfan16 chapter 17 . 4/8
i saw it coming...yet i didn't at the same timeHashirama, who knew you could be such a bitch *shakes head*
realfan16 chapter 18 . 4/8
a classic neglect *shrug* oh well still interesting enough
realfan16 chapter 21 . 4/8
Oohhh interesting plot development
realfan16 chapter 24 . 4/8
Caught reincarnated handed lmao
realfan16 chapter 25 . 4/8
Savage i daresay
realfan16 chapter 26 . 4/8
TT_TT thanking heavens the fic didn't stop here, I'd cry tears fr
realfan16 chapter 17 . 4/8