Reviews for the devil had done for the rest
Avivagreene chapter 6 . 3/29/2017
This is a brilliant story with such powerful writing and angst. Loved every moment of it!
Rouhn chapter 7 . 10/13/2016
WOW - that was a great story more than that - every part was well written - gosh, still shivering bout the rough sex at the beginning - the only thing I would have changed is that in the end Emma finally should have called him Killian - just for once
blc1227 chapter 7 . 12/31/2015
The whole story, so great. It was more than just rough sex, the angst was perfect. You captured the anxiety in great detail, so true to what it actually feels like to be afraid. Beautiful story, definitely a favorite!
Cara chapter 7 . 8/5/2015
Good story but I must confess, Emma was starting to get on my nerves. One minute she's all 'oh hook I hate you' then she's like 'lets get it ooonnnn!' Ahhh he is hot :)
rational chapter 7 . 7/14/2015
Usually my reviews focus pretty much solely on what I liked about a story. I'm not sure I can do that here, even though this ended up being actually kind of fascinating. The thing is, there are definitely things about this story that I'm not sure about. That Killian would do that to Emma seemed impossible when it happened, given who he is. And I'm still not sure it's plausible, but you somehow managed to almost sell me on it. The way you went into his character, it almost made sense for him to have done that.

This story really came into its own in the aftermath. You gave this insight into Killian and his inner conflict that made this story interesting and kind of beautiful to read, regardless of his actions in the beginning of it. During their fights and conversations, you made so clear his struggle over holding on to Milah, holding on to revenge, and destroying himself in the process, or finding another way with Emma that would mean getting over Milah and would force him to face the reality of himself, the way he's turned himself into a weapon, and question who is really is.

I found Emma's responses and thought processes to be really interesting even if I'm not totally sure that she responded in a way that was in character for her. I'm not sure she should have or would have forgiven him and let him back in, but I'm not sure she wouldn't have either. We know he gets under her skin and slips around her barriers like no one else can, and that makes it more believable that she would never be able to completely shut him out. Kind of like Neal, but even harder because he never broke the promise that matters most to Emma, to never leave her.

But what I really got from this story was how deeply damaged both of them are, and how neither of them was magically fixed by the other. Killian broke things between them at the beginning because he was still so lost and afraid of what it would mean for him to be someone else. Emma was already keeping him at arm's length, and what he did just gave her more reason to keep him out. The tragedy and the struggle was not easy to read, but I'm glad I stuck it out for the insight they ultimately provided into Emma and Killian's understanding of themselves and each other.
melsbells91 chapter 7 . 5/16/2015
A very sweet ending. Really enjoyed reading!
sharpie78 chapter 7 . 5/16/2015
This story was amazing. I loved it. You captured so much drama and emotion in these 7 chapters. I really like the path you set them on and where it ended. It was complete. Thanks so much.
sharpie78 chapter 6 . 5/16/2015
I love it! THis is great. THeir struggle is such a good story.
sharpie78 chapter 5 . 5/16/2015
That was beautiful
sharpie78 chapter 4 . 5/16/2015
I love how you handled all of that. Very nice.
sharpie78 chapter 3 . 5/16/2015
they're so themselves. This is great. I can't wait to see what else you've done with them in the next chapters.
sharpie78 chapter 2 . 5/16/2015
I really want to hear more from him about why he did it. This chapter was great though because she needed it. I'm glad she punched him.
sharpie78 chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
That's pretty wild. I am intrigued.
psymplemind chapter 7 . 10/31/2014
Whew. That was one hell of an epilogue! :) 2thumbs up!
Thank you for sharing this story with all of us! It takes time and effort to write (and write exceedingly well) so all your hard work to bring us an incredible story is appreciated.
psymplemind chapter 5 . 10/31/2014
Well done, again. Strong writing.