Reviews for Full Moon
Aoife Anonymous chapter 5 . 6/29/2014
Well, I'll give it to you: this is the best peripeteia I've had the pleasure of reading. You lead it on very well; Meowth's ploy to get away from Mewtwo must succeed so that Meowth can make it's decision and then comes to terms with the "truth." At which point, reversal! Perhaps it's because I'm writing this at 4 AM, but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the conclusion. (I see why you were nervous, now.) You soundly reason Meowth's decision towards the end, yes, but I still want to see Meowth convert to the "good." (Ironic isn't it? I believe these last two chapters slammed optimism. Rather clever you.) I think that's a testament to how well you wrote Meowth. In my experience, the characters with depth, the characters you empathize with are the ones you hope the "best" for. And, you know, the lack of works (I've read) that offer said major character a balanced choice between "good" and "bad," then pick "bad." But fiction isn't how the world works. On the bright side (see what I did there? lol), this rambling has helped me sort out this fic. :D (Though you now have to read it. lol. Sorry, it's kinda long and disjointed.)

Lovely execution.
Aoife Anonymous chapter 4 . 6/29/2014
When Meowth met the cloned pokemon, I was half expecting the cloned Meowth to be there so they could talk about the moon. But I suppose that would have been too convenient. lol

I like how you're incorporating the moon. The light angle particularly interests me, and not just because of your cleverly placed "in the dark" paragraph! Then, if I'm any good at prediction, then Meowth will discover some personal truth next chapter, during the full moon, which will contrast nicely against it's denial of truths in this chapter. (And if I'm wrong, I should just give up predictions, whatever the LA teachers say. lol)

Explaining parallels between Ash and Pikachu and each of the chapter characters was a nice touch, and it really added to Meowth's jadedness (sad face). The food fight and the brief mention that they'd be lost without Meowth did help, though. Really, my only complaint is that "autonomy bestowed" is NOT AUTONOMY!
Aoife Anonymous chapter 3 . 6/25/2014
Woah. Didn't expect that one. I mean, I reasoned that killing Meowth would be the most obvious choice, and, well, the description, but I didn't actually expect the plan to be put into motion. Rambling aside, I liked Meowth's reluctance to "fraternize with the enemy" (points for the reference!). Of course, then again, Butch and Cassidy weren't really making that possible. The juxtaposition of them to Jessie and James was nice as was Meowth wanting them in the moment of crisis. (I hope they're okay.) I'm mostly sure that Meowth's difficulty "adjusting" from Jessie and James to Butch and Cassidy was intentional; to draw parallels to Meowth not being able to readjust to street life. I particularly liked that. Also the irony! I do love irony. Meowth's self-assurances blinding him to what's really going on. It's insecurity was beautifully done. And I do like the moral implications of autonomy. Great chapter.
Aoife Anonymous chapter 2 . 6/25/2014
Not sure if I've ever mentioned this before, but I love how you balance dialogue, inner thoughts, and actions. Especially towards the end of this chapter, with Meowth longing for Jessie and James despite their earlier argument, I like how you made the need for companionship both mental and physical - working the phone and disappointment at the field agents not being Jessie and James. The subtle mention that Jessie and James called Giovanni to let him know about Meowth despite having to report their own failures was a nice touch too. The other little things I particularly liked was the motto (of course!), Misty's temper, and the image of Brock with a map... just like it should be.
Aoife Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
You were right; great opening chapter!

I really love the way you segway Meowth's street life into his life with the Rockets. The scene on the street was fascinating and then, afterwards, I liked Giovanni's interaction with Meowth, especially the conversation over dinner.

I love how you write Meowth. I've never read anything from Meowth's point of view before. I love the irony in Meowth trying to revert back to normalcy, though reasoning it out in such a human manner. And the way you write Meowth's jealousy and ambition are wonderful too. (Ew, Persians.)

And it doesn't have much to do with anything, but I really loved the comment about money making the world go 'round because we all know how much Meowth loves round things!
WarriorsRule4 chapter 4 . 9/22/2013
I don't believe I've ever read a fanfiction quite like this, or at least not when it comes to Pokemon. There's only been one other fanfiction that I've ever truly loved, that has made me think and keep reading each day, in my spare time, that I've talked to my friends about, whether they listened or not. I adore your writing style, the plot, the story itself, everything about it. Most Pokemon fanfictions on this site seem to be from years and years ago, and I've coped with that fact because they were mostly just alright. This, however, is exceptional, so when I saw it was more recent (in fact, updated the first of this month) I was overjoyed. I cannot wait for the next update, to see what happens.

I don't mind at all saying that Meowth is my favourite character in the anime, and very close to my favourite Pokemon as well. This story captures him in such a unique and amazing way that I love reading his speech, imagining his expressions, comparing it to moments from the episodes.

The only thing about this fanfiction that disappoints me is that not enough people seem to like it. Plenty do, but it deserves so much more. Other than that, I love everything about this, and I've read most parts more than once. Please continue to write it, and continue to write overall, as you are truly great at it.

Sorry for rambling, and probably taking up much of your time by making you read this, but there's so much to love about this story and I'm beginning to get very attached to it. Thanks, hope to see you soon. :3
Little Sachi chapter 4 . 9/1/2013
Like this chapter. Meowth has character, and the regret part was interesting. Personally I thought Meowth was going to go into a rant when Ash said about people caring about the clone pokemon. Update soon.
Suzystar chapter 3 . 8/14/2013
Awesome story so far. I love the way you made the boss wanting to kill Meowth seen logical and realistic. Instead of just saying Team Rocket were sick of it. I hope Jessie and James are ok though.
Little Sachi chapter 3 . 8/9/2013
Whoa, I'm confused now. What is going on? Is Giovanni really doing this? Update soon
Little Sachi chapter 2 . 7/6/2013
I don't really understand the plot...but I wonder why Ash needed Meowth? Update soon
Suzystar chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Cool story. I love the way it brings all the facts together. I can't wait for the next chapter.