Reviews for Copper and Wine
K Snider chapter 4 . 8/8/2013
Is it wrong of me that I don't feel sorry for Crowe? ... I personally, wouldn't want to eat anything of Crowe's. Just saying... lol Maura, you took his kidney! You didn't even hold it hostage. lol
K Snider chapter 2 . 8/8/2013
I hardly leave comments... but I must say that this is the best twisted horror I've read with Rizzoli & Isles so far! Maura is just perfect for the part... and she actually kind of scares me... just a little bit. I love this story! Can't wait to read the rest and to look forward to more! I wanna see where you take this... Gosh, I can't get over how twisted Maura is! I love this! Just, please get Maura and Jane together... and I kinda feel Maura is being possessive of Jane. Maybe even protective... and I like her reactions! The picture of Maura actually cooking pieces of body parts she's cut out from her victims and feeding the 'food' to her guest(s) is frightening and disturbing... I don't know if I can take it if Jane does eat with Maura and knowing what all that is. Gosh, this is soooooo goooood! I love horror! :D :D :D :D :D
CSIBradley chapter 3 . 8/5/2013
There's something poetic about the way you write, it's captivating.
Zasterfate chapter 7 . 8/2/2013
I absolutely cannot stand gore. I hate it with a passion, feel queasy and weird whenever I see it on TV...but wow, looks like reading it is perfectly fine because hell...when I read that line, "Fly away, Crowe/Fly, fly, fly." I just hopped out my seat and acted like I just hit a home run while screaming out "Dayum!" and "Hell yes!" Good thing I was alone while reading. I couldn't contain myself because experiencing such a meticulous character in first person narration who is so clear-headed, while doing such messed up things...that is just good writing. I mean, this is clearly a Maura Isles you've created and you've done well with. Especially the way her mother died, and how she feels for Jane...it makes her redeemable, and she kills people who I don't care much for, so plus, I suppose, lol.

I remember watching Hannibal as a kid and was grossed out when he'd feed people brains and stuff, so even though it's completely disgusting to have Maura feeding people other people...I'm sort of okay with it.

As for the Rizzles aspect, I mean...yes. Just yes. You are doing this right. I'm not even going to worry about Jane finding out because...hell, I don't care, lol. I feel like I can trust you as a writer so do whatever you want and I will be reading and reviewing because this cannot stop. This must go on.

Also, I saw the video on youtube for this story and it implies that Casey is on the list of people Maura...ahem, takes care of...just putting it out there that I might be looking forward to that.

My morals be damned for this story. I feel bad, but I don't. Your prose is perfect.
Yes, keep going because I think your story is fascinating.
ErisedWild chapter 7 . 8/1/2013
Great impelling chapter; I like how you're working so closely with the show dialogue that it makes it all the more unnerving when Maura veers from course and does something unexpected. Talk about your "what-ifs". *shivers* Kudos for the Apocalypse Now reference!
atomicwedgie chapter 7 . 8/1/2013
The darkness is delicious tho the detail in the murders are a tad gratuitous... I realize its based on Hannibal so its not going to be a kiddy petting zoo story but this is some nasty shit lol. I like some gory movies I only say that bc your clearly a really good writer and I know you would of been able to make it creepy as hell in a classier way without so much detail which I thnk would be more fitting to maura. The sex was hot (I wish you would of written it as detailed as the killingcooking lol)
atomicwedgie chapter 2 . 8/1/2013
Great story... My one suggestion is, the scenes you included from the real show don’t feel woven in very well. Like your Maura is great, but then you just toss in scenes where she's normal Maura from the show. It would be great if you could add some more of this storys originality to those parts and make them more your own if you do that more later., as it is, it’s a bit boring to just read thru a scene I already know from the show.
I love the idea of dark Maura though and I'm excited to read the rest.
Fellfarer chapter 7 . 8/1/2013
You know, I'm not sure I'm with you in this story. I know it has a lot of fans and that's why I tried. I can see Maura as an efficient killer. But not as a sadist. I can see her killing real villains. But not a Crow who disrespects her friend-to-be-lover. What I do love is the Italian! And I was craving a fic where both play the piano, so I enjoyed that scene as well. My favourite part, though, was where Maura starts to fear herself. Where her uncontrollable urges mix. Hm. I'm going to come back when you've written some more. You are a good writer, so maybe you can convince me yet of this version of dark!Maura.
ThePriceIsMeg chapter 3 . 7/29/2013
Darkly, methodically, unsettlingly beautiful. You really have some marvelous turns of phrase here and Maura's thought processes are wonderfully done. Gore isn't my thing and I did some skimming but your writing is so captivating that I couldn't turn back, and I'm glad I went all the way down this chapter for that lovely image at the end. Like, dark-fluff. Can you DO that? You did!
It's a really interesting change of pace to see Maura's protective urges toward Jane, and her as the dark and Jane as the light. Gee, I wonder what's gonna happen to Crowe? :P
Laura chapter 7 . 7/29/2013
I don't know how I'd feel about Maura being a killer but I am loving this! It's a bit like Dexter - you're rooting for the psychopathic serial killer! Haha Please keep up the sterling writing :)
Guest chapter 7 . 7/28/2013
Update soon i hope? I avoid anything with cannibalism in literature or films but in your story, I am interested with how this goes, your writing is rather exceptional.
DoILookLikeIGiveADamn chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Creppy, yet amazing. Love it.
Guest chapter 7 . 7/25/2013
I 'hunger' for an update'...
Guest chapter 7 . 7/25/2013
This is just too awesome for words, I can't describe how your story affects me. Let me just say when i read each chapter i seem to shut out the world around me , amazing talent you have. I still think Maura is hot.
Will she eat Jane? :p