Reviews for Copper and Wine
feltknickers chapter 14 . 7/17/2014
Ok, enough is enough. Time to get back to work on this fic. I need Jane to know. I need to know how she reacts. And most of all, I need Maura to kill Hoyt. Please? Pretty please?
feltknickers chapter 7 . 7/13/2014
omg, this story. I knew as soon as I started it, I wouldn't be able to put it down. I can't believe you're going to make me wait the weeks or months or whatever it will take for you to finish it. I need NEED to know how it ends. More in a PM. Because omg, I have more to say but spoilers.
feltknickers chapter 4 . 7/12/2014
Oh my god. I am so uncomfortable right now. Mostly because I'm completely disgusted and yet totally rooting for Maura. I'm a terrible person. This is so good.
feltknickers chapter 2 . 7/11/2014
Oh my god I was just wondering what happened to Crowe. Yessss.
checkerboard321 chapter 14 . 6/29/2014
Just read this recently. Never read or watched any Hannibal stuff though. Thought it was very interesting.
IncendioVerum chapter 14 . 6/18/2014
Wow, am I review #300!? cool beans. Just caught up on this story, and am dropping a bug in your ear about another chapter or two when you have a mind to write dark!maura again. This is so vivid and well written, but I imagine that it takes a lot to craft one chapter. I appreciate your work in general, and this is definitely a unique take on J/M, so I encourage you to take it up again when you can!
femerlin chapter 14 . 6/3/2014
A very interesting tale. Can't wait to read more.
Waking the Dream chapter 14 . 5/26/2014
Really amazing story you have here. Never have been a fan or horror stories or stories that made the characters do something way outside of the norm, but this story i feel doesn't take them out of those settings, just a different path if slight things had changed in their histories.

Thank you so much for putting this out here for all to read, it really is a very good and very well written story.
Lktwh13 chapter 14 . 5/10/2014
Wow, this had been amazing! I can't get it out of my head. Seriously, I went out last night with my friends and all I could think about the whole time was this fic! Damn, dark Maura is awesome. I'm a huge fan of Dexter, the Hannibal TV show, the books and Silence of the Lambs — and of course, Rizzoli and Isles, so this fic is like an absolute dream combination for me!

I was surprised how upset I was with Casey's death, but I think mostly because he actually seemed nice and not a threat to Rizzles. Your writing style is amazing and I don't know how you do it. I love the Hannibal TV show references and how Maura's love of cooking fits in as well as how you explained her desire for canibalism. Does Maura herself eat what she takes from her victims? I wasn't clear on that when I read it. I kinda miss that part of her from her two most recent kills.

Thank you SO much for writing this. It's amazing and I can't wait to see where you'll take it!
Matiky chapter 14 . 4/29/2014
i'm glad i decided to read this. i was a little hesitant, not sure how the 'horror' was gonna go, but it was a relief to find it wasn't so sadistic and gory and more about the psychology/emotion of it. your descriptions and maura's mindset is darkly poetic and intriguing. i also like the passionate, yet not clearly defined, relationship between maura and jane. it's intense but confusing at times. how you're developing maura is wild to witness. i'm not sure exactly how much of this fic is similar to all the sources you've mentioned besides R&I and some of Dexter, but i feel like you definitely deserve the praise for putting together this AU.

only thing i'm bit unclear of is how does maura pass this off if she's still not able to tell a lie?
not certain at all how you're gonna end it. but i'm following to find out...
Guest chapter 14 . 4/18/2014
Is this ever going to be continued?!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 14 . 4/1/2014
Interesting bit of work, to say the least.
I’ve always enjoyed ‘Hannibal’ as a concept (The only thing I dislike about the current TV series is the amount of Hannibal/Will slash it’s inspired in fanfic; I think they’re more interesting in their weird friendship, considering Hannibal’s fundamental desire for control and Graham’s damaged state making such a relationship unhealthy for both parties, whereas Maura’s always come across as seeking acceptance), so the idea of making Maura a Hannibal-esque figure was a brilliant way to capture my interest in this story, and you open in a manner that immediately captures the reader’s interest with a dark and vivid mental picture of the events that shaped her new mental state while still leaving her bond with Jane intact.
The contrast between Maura and Hannibal is also explored as efficiently as their similarities; they might both be relatively cold with a preinclination towards eating the rude, but Maura makes it clear more than once that Jane’s safety and ‘purity’ is her first priority (Such as when she was upset about killing Lola in Jane’s home) whereas Hannibal treated Will Graham as a curiosity at best and wouldn’t hesitate to throw Will under the metaphorical train to save himself.
Maura might give into the urge to kill people based on more personal grudges than any real anger at them, but what we’ve seen of her makes it clear that she wouldn’t do that to Jane if it came down to a choice between killing Jane or leaving what she’s created for herself here (So an interesting ‘Dexter’-esque element is added to her unique psychology).
Keep up the good work; can’t wait to see what happens if/when Jane learns what Maura’s really capable of here…
lalalalee chapter 14 . 3/23/2014
Hannibal's back! where are you? ;)
Guest chapter 14 . 3/15/2014
I hope you are working on the mother of all updates so we get a new chapter soon. I thought I was going to hate this story because of the subject matter but it's turned out to be one of my favorites.
Sybilia chapter 14 . 3/8/2014
The tone here was absolutely perfect. You are a master. Brava!
320 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »