Reviews for Copper and Wine
Lktwh13 chapter 14 . 5/10/2014
Wow, this had been amazing! I can't get it out of my head. Seriously, I went out last night with my friends and all I could think about the whole time was this fic! Damn, dark Maura is awesome. I'm a huge fan of Dexter, the Hannibal TV show, the books and Silence of the Lambs — and of course, Rizzoli and Isles, so this fic is like an absolute dream combination for me!

I was surprised how upset I was with Casey's death, but I think mostly because he actually seemed nice and not a threat to Rizzles. Your writing style is amazing and I don't know how you do it. I love the Hannibal TV show references and how Maura's love of cooking fits in as well as how you explained her desire for canibalism. Does Maura herself eat what she takes from her victims? I wasn't clear on that when I read it. I kinda miss that part of her from her two most recent kills.

Thank you SO much for writing this. It's amazing and I can't wait to see where you'll take it!
Matiky chapter 14 . 4/29/2014
i'm glad i decided to read this. i was a little hesitant, not sure how the 'horror' was gonna go, but it was a relief to find it wasn't so sadistic and gory and more about the psychology/emotion of it. your descriptions and maura's mindset is darkly poetic and intriguing. i also like the passionate, yet not clearly defined, relationship between maura and jane. it's intense but confusing at times. how you're developing maura is wild to witness. i'm not sure exactly how much of this fic is similar to all the sources you've mentioned besides R&I and some of Dexter, but i feel like you definitely deserve the praise for putting together this AU.

only thing i'm bit unclear of is how does maura pass this off if she's still not able to tell a lie?
not certain at all how you're gonna end it. but i'm following to find out...
Guest chapter 14 . 4/18/2014
Is this ever going to be continued?!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 14 . 4/1/2014
Interesting bit of work, to say the least.
I’ve always enjoyed ‘Hannibal’ as a concept (The only thing I dislike about the current TV series is the amount of Hannibal/Will slash it’s inspired in fanfic; I think they’re more interesting in their weird friendship, considering Hannibal’s fundamental desire for control and Graham’s damaged state making such a relationship unhealthy for both parties, whereas Maura’s always come across as seeking acceptance), so the idea of making Maura a Hannibal-esque figure was a brilliant way to capture my interest in this story, and you open in a manner that immediately captures the reader’s interest with a dark and vivid mental picture of the events that shaped her new mental state while still leaving her bond with Jane intact.
The contrast between Maura and Hannibal is also explored as efficiently as their similarities; they might both be relatively cold with a preinclination towards eating the rude, but Maura makes it clear more than once that Jane’s safety and ‘purity’ is her first priority (Such as when she was upset about killing Lola in Jane’s home) whereas Hannibal treated Will Graham as a curiosity at best and wouldn’t hesitate to throw Will under the metaphorical train to save himself.
Maura might give into the urge to kill people based on more personal grudges than any real anger at them, but what we’ve seen of her makes it clear that she wouldn’t do that to Jane if it came down to a choice between killing Jane or leaving what she’s created for herself here (So an interesting ‘Dexter’-esque element is added to her unique psychology).
Keep up the good work; can’t wait to see what happens if/when Jane learns what Maura’s really capable of here…
lalalalee chapter 14 . 3/23/2014
Hannibal's back! where are you? ;)
Guest chapter 14 . 3/15/2014
I hope you are working on the mother of all updates so we get a new chapter soon. I thought I was going to hate this story because of the subject matter but it's turned out to be one of my favorites.
Sybilia chapter 14 . 3/8/2014
The tone here was absolutely perfect. You are a master. Brava!
Bambibelle84 chapter 14 . 2/26/2014
[When Jane arrives her arm immediately circles my waist as we walk to the kitchen. It is possessive. "You must be Ian." She extends her hand, "I've heard so little about you."]

Lol. I love Jelly protectice Jane.

Oh my goodness, this story is pure genius and brilliance all in one and dont even get me started on Maura. When Ian grabs her and they both fall into the grave i was like holy shit shes hit but she actually got away with it wow another beard gone lol. Thats not healthy that i enjoyed that right? I loved the backstory of what happen in África. This Dark Maura tho. And the way you are writing this just brilliant. Every chapter just seems to get better and better. I can't wait to see where you take this. Omg just the though when Jane finds out all about what she's been doing ahhhh.
Guest chapter 14 . 2/22/2014
Is an update in the works? I am nervous if Maura's gonna eat Jane..
Guest chapter 14 . 2/20/2014
Emomazing! This fic is a work of art. Can't wait for the next chapter.
symb0lism chapter 14 . 2/16/2014
nice style of writting... but I love my innocent, nice and sweet M.E. :)
killie 64 chapter 14 . 2/11/2014
This is me begging for more! Please update soon! Cheers.
killie 64 chapter 10 . 2/11/2014
I keep telling myself, "don't read anymore, this isn't our Maura!". But you keep pulling me in! I can't stop, I need to know more. This is sooo dark but sooo gooood!. Bring on the next chapter!
killie 64 chapter 7 . 2/10/2014
I am seriously enjoying this fanfic. Loving this dark side of Maura! But surely she will slip up!? Jane is bound to discover her dark side!?...Right!?
bonnification68 chapter 14 . 2/9/2014
Will you write more...please?!
342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »