Reviews for The Old Michael Westen
DKougar chapter 2 . 8/31/2015
Oddly, Michael Westen, spy extraordinaire, lethal sniper, CIA implacable assassin, has a naive Anne Frank-like belief that there is always HOPE! It is the source of his "unstoppability".
But he has never been so far down, so physically, emotionally & psychologically depleted as he is several months into his coerced participation in the DR mission. He is even questioning his ability to complete the mission if & when he closes with his target.
But his ever present hope sends him a touchstone, Fiona's eyes. And with his weary soldier's eyes on hers, his target in sight, Michael knows what he MUST do & has no doubt that he, as always, CAN do what he has to do.
Brilliant illumination of this seminal passage of Michael's story. Thanks
Jedi Skysinger chapter 2 . 8/31/2015
Haunting song for a very haunted time in Michael's life. He's had a Soldiers Eyes long before he arrived in Santa Domingo, but now he is seeing through them like never before. Terrific tale showing Michael's struggle to stay true to himself and still complement the mission. Can he kill a friend to save his friends? A question he will be faced with again and again as this progresses. Thanks for providing the emotional context and background for his encounter with Burke. Excellent as always!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/30/2015
Awful excellent painful fantastic incredible scary exciting perfect. Thank you, Julieta
Guest chapter 1 . 3/7/2015
How awful. How done. Julieta
PuddinCat chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
This sent chills down my spine! So well written, thank you
Lakitalover chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Be they dark or light, you have a real knack for taking the powerful moments from the show and making them stronger. Kudos to you for adding an extra layer of emotional impact to this scene.
westernbeauty chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Poetry in motion. Very profound
zaphael chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Love this.
LN8866 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Holy moly! Love it...sad...but loved it...
Blossom9 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Awesome work! I love that you used past voice overs in the story to explain more of the fight. You did a great job getting into Michaels head!
bcmom chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Wow! You are off and running. Great job. Thanks :)
De33y chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Wow, very intense. I loved The way you put in Old overvoices of Michael.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
tremendously good, ut rough
Jedi Skysinger chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I am breathless now as when I first read this. Brilliantly encapsulates the pain and despair Michael is feeling and yet he must go on to complete the mission. Beautifully written take on the 7.01 opener. I remember getting sucked into the illusion that Michael was boozed out and burned up as surely as his opponent in the bar fight did. I was all about the mission to save his family, no matter how much it hurt him, all along. Genius, my friend, simply genius.
sweetydoe chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
This is very good, even if it is quite hearbreaking :). It's very well written and I think it captures perfectly Michael's thoughts!
And it's nice to read something from his point of view, I feel like most stories on the season 6 finale or this new episode are focusing only on Fiona's feelings after this debacle, and I personally empathise more with Michael as far as this whole situation goes, so as I said it's nice to get an insight on his feelings. :)

So thank you for this story.