Reviews for Why Dooku Fell
Lord Exar Kun chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Kind of dark but I like this kind of after the fact, introspection and musing. Especially from Mace who is rarely delved deeper into. Good work! :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Very Touching
Milan Shlain chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
WOW! This was actually pretty engaging. Most articles are just stories, but this actually feels professional. Try a story line of your own, put an original plot, with that type of writing, and you've got something! :)
Shelomit chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
While perhaps stronger in conception than execution, this fic provides interesting insights into Windu's character as well as Dooku's. Poor Yan gets rather a hard rap from many writers, and it is refreshing to see a more sympathetic view. I always suspected Qui-Gon's death-stemming as it did in part from the Council's stubborn refusal to change-might have had a hand in his Fall. Even more interesting is your avenue of approach through Mace's eyes. He is not the first person I would expect to find an angle of sympathy with Dooku, and the surprise of this choice only makes it more compelling. The image of them trying to find comfort after the deaths of their students, and Dooku's tough-love approach, is wonderful. . . and the very thought of a young Yan's eyes "gleam[ing] with mischief" made me smile. I am curious, though, if your overlooking of Komari was deliberate or not.

Punctuation needs some work; the main fault seems to be neglecting to set off relative clauses from the remainder of the sentence. There's a greengrocer's apostrophe, too. I enjoy the almost conversational tone you have adopted for Windu's voice and think it apt for the subject, but such sentence structures will necessarily complicate the punctuation required. You might try sticking to shorter sentences, even if some of them are fragmentary; it should be acceptable in a conversational context.

Any such cosmetic errors are overshadowed, however, by the deep and complex characterizations you craft-especially admirable for a first fic and something of this length. Kudos, and keep writing!
ruth baulding chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I really like the parallel ending and beginning lines - fascinating concept to have thee words spoken by Mace Windu I quite felt sorry for Master Dooku - the loss of hsi apprentices makes him human, and the observation about hsi fascimation with Obi-Wan is thought provoking. Keep writing!
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
This is sad, but I always want to think that no one is truly evil and irredeemable.
TeresaLynne chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I enjoyed this look at both Mace and Yan; it explains so much about both men. They are two of my favorite characters, and many thanks for this glimpse of them! It's a pity that tragedy took them both...sighs. I always did feel that Dooku's fall was influenced by Qui-Gon's death. And as for Mace... he might have been stern and implacable but I always believed he hid his sensitivity beneath his stern demeanor. :)