Reviews for Her Mother's Trunk
centava chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
This was lovely, and hit on a lot of emotional points for me, even in its brevity. At the end of our own lives, how much of what's worth keeping will fit in a trunk, I wonder?
great chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Great - the wand that Hermione had would have been Bella's obviously or the Elder Wand one or the other. Give a dunderhead a wand of that power.

Nice snapshots, stupid end.
articcat621 chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
oh, this was lovely :) It gave me chills!
hermionefan1983 chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
you bitch I hate this ending! how did Hermione die? When her mother passed away, a mere two months after her husband of nearly seventy-eight years, Claudia was tasked to sort through her parents things. Many of Hermione and Severus' possessions were thrown out or donated, what was left was carefully shrunk and packed away into an old trunk of her mother's: two Orders of Merlin, a wedding certificate, some pictures. A threadbare beaded bag was binned, and a mask that gave her the chills. An old wand—her father's perhaps?—was kept, and when her own grandson asked for it to be his first wand, she agreed without qualm.
BloomingViolet chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Quite sweet! It's a pretty realistic look at how our views on our possessions come to change over time.
Alexa1993 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
nice :)
lavanyalabelle chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
loved it. hmm. long time no see. well. you are back now. did you get my last pm? please update asap. lookin forward to hear from you...I hope you enjoyed your break.
mama123 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
It was weird in a nice way. It induced nostalgic feelings. I liked it. I cannot wait for sev redux. Thankyou.
JeniDRalph chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Oh! This was so lovely! I love the trunk making that long journey with them.
notyetanotheralias chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
the great-grandson got the elder wand?
worrywart chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Wow! Your last drabble could really be the springboard to another story given the wand and its legend... it feels like a crime to have thrown away the mask and bag, but unless they never discussed it, their significance to Claudia would mean nothing. I liked that each little drabble was just detailed enough to let me see what you were portraying in my head!
heartmom88 chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Welcome back, stranger! I'm holding you to that promise of an update on Redux. ;)

I'm a real sucker for "passage of time" stories. How did you manage to prompt a tear in only 500 words? 'Tis a gift, dear one.

See you again soon, I hope!
hm88
Petite Mule chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
It's so sweet, so sad too, and so realistic of a lifetime! Well done as usual!