Reviews for Foul Birds
Tinni chapter 1 . 4/16/2003
I love this story. Its just so funny. Is there no end to Feanor's talent?
Cirdan chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Bwahahaha! Most amusing story. I unfortunately don't review regularly enough, so I do it in bunches. Anyway, I like the very mild build up that you created and the easy-going tone that you have. Finwe's reaction to the pigeon was so amusing! Even when he was staring at the bird, he couldn't tell it was real. That sounds true to what Tolkien described. As for Finwe's impatience, well, one can hardly blame him, right? But that's precisely the joy of children (well, good children anyway). One moment a parent can be frustrated with life and work, the next moment, the child does something to totally change the situation. The meticulous detailing of the bird was wonderful, as was Finwe's final reaction. Fun story. And very telling. We don't see Feanor, but he's a great boy, isn't he? :)
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 9/5/2002
Cheer his daddy up, yes. A beautiful story. It made me laugh, for were used to picture Finwë always as a very serious person, above all petty likes and dislikes (when it seems he was everything but that). Sorry you cant post more for a while.
Mouse chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
What an adorable little piece! Plausible and charming without being silly. I'm afraid the deeper meaning is beyond me, though ... which isn't surprising _

Even as a child Feanor seems to try to create life with his hands. Good stuff ...
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
Pigeons in Valinor? So much for 'elvish paradise'! A very cute story, and I love the way it highlights Feanor's mischiveous nature as a young boy without ever having him make an actual appearance.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
Very cute piece! Yes, that's the sort of thing li'l Feanor would do. It reminds me of what it says in Morgoth's Ring that Nerdanel could make startues so lifelike that people would stop and talk to them. Maybe these two were better matched than we think!
finch chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
I'm glad you didn't stop writing after all. What a charming story. Not all that is beauty glitters, so to say.
naltariel chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
*smile* this is kinda funny. Finwe hates bird so much and there goes his son made pidgeon so real that he could not discern it frm the real one. You write his resentment toward these creatures so palpable! Your style keeps improving ( if not perfect already). good work in such short work!
erunyauve chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
I can just see Feanor outside in the hall, watching through a barely cracked door, barely surpressing his giggles as his father attempted to shoo the pigeon away.