Reviews for Ghost, Ghost, I Know You Live Within Me
ghost guest chapter 25 . 9/3
Now I know what you meant when you said Shepard wasn't finished. This is really painful to read and I'm not surprised she collapsed at the end there. Still love the way you write fight scenes!
ghost guest chapter 24 . 9/3
Oh I have been dreading this scene, and it's just as awful as I feared. I can feel all of Garrus's longing, and Shepard's confusion is so painful to read about. It's going to be a long road back for them, isn't it? I am in love with this story.
ghost guest chapter 23 . 9/3
Not a very nice person, this Shepard. But I like that she's hard and sharp, and she's still got that sarcastic edge that works so well with Garrus. She's almost too hard, but look at what she came back to. It's also really nice to see how your writing has evolved over the course of this story. Almost like two different authors worked on it. I mean that in the best way!
ghost guest chapter 22 . 9/3
Had to take a break for a while, but then I saw you updated and couldn't stop myself! That last chapter nearly ended me. I really like that now we're in Shepard's head. She's got so much to worry about now, but I hope she hurries and gets Garrus soon.
orangeflavor chapter 7 . 9/2
Again I love the little team interaction, the strategizing before they went after Kron Harga. Such a badass family, haha.

I kind of wish I got to see the fight between the squad and Kron Harga though. Mostly because you set it up so well and amped up the stakes with his brutality and endurance. And because I crave angsty battle scenes too much, haha. Though I will admit, hearing about the way they killed him afterward was rather entertaining.

I love the little Aria cameo. The warning you have her send Garrus is completely true to her character. It was such a small flash of her, but I'm glad you included it. Just adding on another layer of tension.

The constant teasing affection you've managed to create between Shepard and Garrus is just great. And it makes their slightly awkward, nervous conversation about relationships that much cuter and heartfelt.

Oddly enough, my favorite line of this chapter is the last one. "Halfway through the rundown, Shepard let her hand curve around his neck, cool and solid." It's so simple, but it's also an affirmation of their beginning in a sense. It expresses how she stays with him, how much more comfortable they've gotten with each other, and her unconscious and constant support. It says a lot of things in one single line. I just love it so much. Great chapter!
MrGilgamesh chapter 44 . 8/31
I was a bit disappointed in the Reapers in ME3. The first two games were setting them up to be some sort of being beyond our ability to understand and then they turn out to just be robots stuck in a circular logic loop.
I like were your going with them much better. In your version the magnitude and power of the Reapers is so overpowering and alien that I really get the vibe “If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you” (quote taken out of context though).
Congrats on making actually fear every encounter.
dysiaa chapter 44 . 8/31
Very excited for this update! You get me every time with the cliffhangers at the end. I'm very excited to see what happens next and can't wait to find out what happened down in the "cave." (Trying to stay vague for those not caught up ) Overall, another wonderful chapter in my favorite story!
Imagined-Ink chapter 44 . 8/29
Oh gosh, poor Shepard. Just reading about her getting dragged underwater like that-geh. That's terrifying. Or maybe it's just my hydrophobia speaking. Either way, yuck. But I'm curious, it says that she's headed to the medbay: does that mean the team recovered her from being dragged under, or did I miss something in the chapter?

Could be, but I'm leaning more towards the fact that they just found her and were able to get her out before she drowned or whatever. Still, Garrus' concern is my concern; Shepard's going through a whole lotta hell. He's right to be worried, poor thing.

- I.I.
baconelk chapter 44 . 8/29
I'm always so excited when I see an update to this! This was incredibly creepy and fascinating. I need to go sleep with the lights on now.
MizDirected chapter 44 . 8/28
So deliciously creepy and horrible and fraught with impending doom. Love it.

Shepard's section with trying to shake the impact from her fall, then whispers, and wandering completely off where she thought she was ... then coming face to face with ... shudder. (I shall not spoil) But that whole section and her bewilderment at the end was spectacular.

Garrus ... first with dusting off the old, constant ghosts, then having to deal with the impact of the very present and real issues. Beautifully done. And trying to snap out of the warping of his world while appearing completely normal (not). It made me chuckle a little just because I could imagine the poor woman going ... what the heck? Poor Garrus.

And then some answers, of a sort. And then more uncertainty. Just a great chapter with a really strange, cryptic review because I don't want to spoil the chapter for others. :D Awesome work.
Vorcha Girl chapter 13 . 8/27
A good chapter! It was good to see Garrus back on the job and throwing rocks at Omega's criminal beehive again - even if I think he's probably going to regret his decision in the future. Pissing off every single one of the gangs on Omega at the same time really will only lead to trouble, silly Garrus.

The little moments between Garrus and Shepard were very cute. They seem like an interesting couple - very close and natural. There is this feeling of best friends and lovers between them which feels very nice and suits your Shepard. I especially liked their dialogue, it flowed well and said a lot about how they feel about each other without shoving it in our face. I liked it. Very natural. (I'm using that word a lot, but it suits your writing!)

I had lots of fun reading this and can't wait for a chance to read the next one.
orangeflavor chapter 6 . 8/23
I absolutely love how you have the team worry over Garrus and try to get him to come out. It's so lovely, and rather sad actually, when we as the readers, know he's waiting for Shepard. Hoping she comes back.

Sidonis' line of "He tried for levity and missed it by a few kilometers" is one of my absolute favorites here. And the whole conversation about his dead brother and how he dealt with it is actually very insightful. I really like that glimpse into Sidonis' character. I'm glad you're delving into him here and making him three-dimensional and realistic. You're doing a fantastic job of it.

Also this: "Her smile twitched and shuddered away." God I love that. And the mention of Shepard having no scent to him. I don't know why but that was a great description.

The whole exchange with Garrus and Shepard was so powerful. Your description of her ghostly presence and slow fading was so on point. And then the shared warmth when they laid together? And their kiss? Ah, just...just brilliant. I'm so in love with their chemistry. The tension and raw emotion is palpable. It was a genius blend of anger and desperation and vulnerability. Just beautiful. I cannot say enough good things about this chapter. My favorite so far. :D
MrGilgamesh chapter 21 . 8/21
Congratulations, you made me cry. Thank you for letting Anna see Garrus before the end. I knew it was coming and you still manage to sweep me off my feet. Reminds me of the Golden Age Arc from Berserk.
ghost guest chapter 21 . 8/20
You did it. I'm still in shock. Beautiful and heart-breaking and I'm going to need to take a break for a little while before I keep reading again.
ghost guest chapter 20 . 8/20
Oh no, oh no. Shepard is gone, which means she's awake, which means she's on the station with Miranda and Jacob. My heart can't take this. I should be worried about the white-eyed people but I can't when I keep hoping you've changed something. Please! Please change it! Lol! Thanks for sharing! :) :)