Reviews for Ghost, Ghost, I Know You Live Within Me
Kayla chapter 49 . 3/27
Oh my I hope you continue this! I started reading maybe 3 days ago and I couldn't pull myself away from it! I love this. LOVE IT! Here's to hoping you will continue the story!
Katie Rose Hurley chapter 49 . 3/3
I can’t express how much I love this story. It is haunting and beautiful and very real. It is one of the first Mass Effect fanfics I read since I started looking around last year, and I just barely read it all the way through again because I saw you had added a chapter. Thank you for sharing such an amazing story. I hope you choose to keep writing.
paynoattenion2 chapter 49 . 2/25
Oh snap, I thought I'd hallucinated this in my inbox.
thechickenlittle chapter 49 . 1/29
WOW. seriously. damn.

very deep, moving, and infinitely scary in a way I've only see Stephen king reach. well done.
thechickenlittle chapter 17 . 1/28
very different and very, very awesome. I love every word, and I can't wait to read the rest!
evening's shore chapter 49 . 1/27
YASSS. They needed this so desperately. Love this quiet moment, them holding each other. Garrus not shying away. And that last line - Shepard fired up and ready to fight. Thank you for sharing! It made me so happy to see a continuation to this beautiful story.
baconelk chapter 49 . 1/27
Omgomgomgomgomgomg
MizDirected chapter 49 . 1/26
Wonderful. Exactly what these two and I needed after all the stress and disaster and horror. Fantastic stuff.
kokolicharoula chapter 1 . 12/11/2017
moreeeee plzzzzz my soul needs it!
Jet Set Radio Yoyo chapter 48 . 12/6/2017
This story is so interesting. I'm really enjoying it.
orangeflavor chapter 25 . 8/10/2017
Dammmmmmn, this chapter had me sitting here with a hand to my collar, breath held in my chest, just fucking riveted to the screen. This was non-stop. Non-fucking-stop the whole ride through and I LOVED IT!

I feel like I tell you I adore your fight scenes in literally every review where there's a fight scene chapter but honestly? I LOVE YOUR FIGHT SCENES! Holy shit, woman, you can write action and pain like no other. This is the kind of shit I live for. Especially since it's angsty fighting. That makes this ten times better! :D I think my favorite part of your fights is the realism, mostly the realism concerning injuries and pain. I've always found it very unrealistic when authors have Shepard as this untouchable force, and ESPECIALLY when they have her take hits (sometimes some serious shit like broken ribs and shit) and then have her move on like nothing happened, like it doesn't hurt, like it doesn't pull at every breath and stab at every muscle as she continues the fight. Just, ugh, no. Give me some pain! Give me he real, the raw, the visceral aspect of fighting, of putting your life on the line. Your fucking life! That's what your writing does. I can't get over how absolutely satisfying it is to watch Eliza get beat the fuck up and still KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS! Because that's what makes her victories that much more impactful and amazing. The fact that she took some serious hits and still came out the victor.

Okay but then. BUT THEN. "Garrus, flinching from her. Garrus, ready to fight until he died. Garrus, alone." This was such a brilliant line. And it underlines everything she's feeling throughout this fight, this cold distance he creates between them. God, it makes me so anxious, because I have no idea where you're going to take them from here, or how Garrus is going to react, or anything! And then you give us that moment when he notices how much she's hurt and they very nearly embrace with their friggin' proximity and AGH! I can't take it. They are so fucking close, and yet so far. The tension in their interactions is just phenomenal in this chapter, especially since there's so few of them, and the focus is largely on the fight.

And that's another thing. Even though this chapter is very action heavy, it doesn't lose the focus, the heart. I never feel like you're taking us away from the pain conflict, the Shepard-Garrus connection. This was a beautifully crafted chapter. Super exciting! Oh, OH! And the woman! The burned, screaming woman! What the fuck! Seriously, I need to know what's up with her.

I was literally on the edge of my seat this entire chapter through. God damn.
AprDon chapter 48 . 7/26/2017
Amazing! Please, more.
the-dandiest-of-lions chapter 9 . 6/3/2017
maaann i fucking love the squad
"Butler folded his arms and did his best imitation of a mountain." i fucking spat out my tea

aw I love Garrus' reasons for wanting a break. So in-character and caring, and you write him taking command so well.

As well as some of them hid it, there was exhaustion in everyone’s features. He knew Monteague had used stims at least once on a mission, and that it was a matter of time before the rest of the squad gave in to the temptation. " oh GOSH he notices so much and cares so much and I'M GOING TO BE A SOBBING MESS WHEN YOU KILL THEM
DAMN YOU BEE
DAMN
YOU
(i mean i've already read this fic and i DID cry my eyes out in The Chapter With The Death but STILL)

"Sidonis balanced his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward. Garrus saw the way his plates were bunched and uneven from tension." fuckity shit man I love characters noticing moods and body language and tiny details oh gosh

"e laid his hand on Weaver’s head. After a moment, she leaned into him, her eyes closing."
i refuse to accept this
they're so beautiful
and it HURTS

“Don’t touch any of my stuff,” said Weaver at the shuttle dock. “Seriously. I’ll kill you and pee on your corpse.”
i want to marry her

“I can’t believe she said she’d urinate on my corpse.”

“Knowing Weaver, that’d be the least of the horrors she’d unleash."
I WANT TO MARRY HER

AND THEN YOU FUCKING HIT US WITH THIS:
"The base was quiet as a tomb after the squad was gone.
Garrus kept that metaphor to himself."
just
duuuuuuude
fuck me with a sledgehammer
(don't do that)
i just love your writing so fucking much oh my god
i'm sorry i'm swearing so much but i do that when i really like what i'm reading

oh gosh and garrus telling her to stay while he patrols
and the convo about the reapers
i just love this fic so much

"Stupidity's contagious on Omega" hahaha your dialogue is always so witty and funny and brilliant

"Of course, all his plans went out the window when he rounded a corner and found Garm taking a piss against the side of a wall.
Sorry, Shepard. I’m about to be an idiot, he thought, and lined up his first shot."
FUCK i love this so much

"Garm’s face cracked open in a parody of a smile." really chilling description!

God, I love the fight scene. It's easy in the games to just go "yeah okay, a krogan, let's just spam him with bullets", but you make him fucking terrifying!

"Finish it, said the dry, unimpressed voice in his head that always, always had Shepard’s face. He’s playing you, he’s not as hurt as he looks." god DAMN i love this

and fuck
blowing his garm's knees another time
the taunting
the cockiness

"Later, when he was on the Normandy again, Garrus would think of this moment and realize it was the beginning of the end.

Garm’s grin turned wide and hungry. “Nice shields. Your little tech princess cook them up?”Later, when he was on the Normandy again, Garrus would think of this moment and realize it was the beginning of the end.

Garm’s grin turned wide and hungry. “Nice shields. Your little tech princess cook them up?”"
and then WHAM

"Three months of work, fried in an instant. If Garm didn’t kill him, Erash and Weaver would." jesus i'm laughing and horrified
your action scenes are so fucking good
i can SEE them

and THEN
"Garm hadn’t been talking to himself. He’d been calling for help."

god i LOVE how you give us ups and downs in your action scenes
and all this built from a throwaway few lines of dialogue in-game
SO GOOD

i just love this fic
fantastic chapter!
eurodox59 chapter 48 . 5/17/2017
I must say: something about your writing managed to capture perfectly the sheer magnitude of perturbing abnormality. For a time, I felt as though I could *feel* what Joker was feeling.

There can now be no doubt that you've nailed everything I can see here, from mechanics to voice to execution, everything!

Wonderful work!
EvoKov chapter 21 . 5/13/2017
Fuck...you know I've probably read a hundred iterations of Garrus and his squad, and this scene. I don't think I've ever teared up before. For that alone this story already holds an irreplaceable part of my heart.