Reviews for In the Wake of an End
Strawberry Eggs chapter 27 . 6/6
Darn, I wish I had reviewed this sooner. It would have been the least I could do for you. Sadly, I have less time for reading and reviewing fanfiction these days, especially since I want to get back to writing fanfics more seriously. Ah well, better late than never, as they say.

What a wonderful way to end this story, with Robin spending a warm moment with the three most important people in her life, as well as the final good-bye with Thierry. The first part was beautiful and haunting. How much of it was a dream and how much was Thierry's spirit somehow speaking to Robin? It probably doesn't even matter. The emotions throughout this part are gut-wrenching. Robin knows she doesn't have much time, and with the earth literally trying to take her away, there's a great desperation for her to speak to Thierry, her mother, and aunt. Theirry's tragic back story comes in full force here, with him not even being allowed to die until Robin was safe from the Grimleal. Sure, he feels that he has atoned for what he has done in the past, but there’s still that sad realism that he had a terrible life. It's a bittersweet ending, but at least it seems that his soul is finally at peace.

The family and romantic fluff in the next few parts is well welcomed after that melancholic first par. There are real reunions all around and adorably sweet mentions of Morgan’s hair, the spot where he and Nah were found napping by Robin, Chrom being “an irritatingly noble and self-sacrificing prince,” and how excited Robin is by her husband approaching her. Also, Lucina and Inigo about to have a proper wedding in a week’s time. X3 I just afore it all!

The juxtaposition of the two major parts is appropriate for the final chapter as well, as much of the entire story is the shifting between the more serious moments and fluff. I vaguely noticed some slight errors, but they were not major enough to remember what they were. They don’t interfere at all with how powerful this chapter is. Well, I do have one niggling question, but perhaps I’ll PM you about that later.

I don't know how much writing experience you've had before writing this fic, but this is one of, if not the best debut story on I have read thus far. You clearly have great writing skills, and they've been honed throughout the past almost two years since you started this fic. This story started with an interesting premise and implied promises of something great. I’m happy to say that it delivered on those promises. The way you depict emotions through character thoughts, actions, and words is just excellent. You’re writing in general, from use of descriptions, dialogue, and word choice, is very strong, but it’s this ability to depict emotion that I think is your strongest suit. You also did justice, and then some, to the characters and game world.

Thank you for writing this story, for sharing it all with us, and for completing it. You earned every one of those 375 reviews. You also well-deserved that ice cream. :D I wish you the best in your future endeavors, and perhaps if you should write some time else that catches my eye, I’ll check it out. J
Artekerca chapter 27 . 6/2
Eeeeeeeeep! I freaking love this story.. I'm really sad it's over but it was fabulous through and through :3 thank you for writing such a lovely story!
Lori Konosuna chapter 27 . 6/2
WOHOO! This fanfiction was a very enjoyable read! I'll miss it. AW THE ENDING IS SO CUTE XDD
A year? Congratulations.
TT That scene when Thierry joined those two ladies when whisking off to heaven was very beautifully written with some amazingly symbolic imagery.

I hope you will write another FE13 fic one day!~
marginalism chapter 27 . 6/2
Yaay, congrats on finishing this wonderful story! Even though I never posted any review there until now, and I had to say it was a truly pleasant ride and you're really talented at writing stuff. A little bit sad it's over now, but heh, that was expected. Until next time~
wisdom-of-me chapter 27 . 6/1
Noooo! I have no questions for you as this ending could not be closer to perfect but...
I never wanted it to end, and now here I am, a blubbering mess so-
Thank you. It was such an amazing story and I really did love every chapter! I look forward to read more of your works in the future! :)
Misty Rain the Female Warrior chapter 27 . 6/1
Aww~! I loved this chapter! This story was beautiful~! It's a shame it had to end, but hey! It ended on a great note! You're a great writer! You keep up the good work your future stories!

Before I go, I have to say, for the previous question you asked, if I hadn't answered it already, is Lucina and Morgan. I mean, I see them as brother and sister, not as lovers. I guess that's what happens when I pair Fem!Robin and Chrom together. xD

Anyway, I'm out. Once again, this was a great story with a great ending! If you do keep making more fanfictions, then keep up the good work! :D I'll see you!
-Misty Rain
HyliaHellscythe chapter 26 . 5/16
I have no disliked ship in FE:A! Wait...There's another fire emblem coming out!? PLEASE UODATE SOON I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH!
HyliaHellscythe chapter 11 . 5/16
I'm totally with you I SHIP ROBIN AND CHROM FOREVER!
Okay first off, I loove this fan fiction! It's soo good and you've done a great job writing it! But I'm reading it in 2015 and was wondering if you've made any more chapters? If you have please let me know! It's so good to leave it off like that!
When the Moon Met the Sun chapter 26 . 3/18
Oh my gosh! I did not see that final confrontation coming! I had my doubts about Thierry since his arrival, but his ultimate dedication to Robin and her happiness was heartbreaking. He was integral to getting her to come to her senses about herself and he gave everyone their freedom in addition to giving Robin her memories. The reunion between Chrom and Robin was so sweet, too, and yes, we need fluff! All of it! They went through hell to get to this point and they deserve a fairy tale ending.

I don't know if there's any couple I actively dislike. I think they all have their moments. And I can't wait for the new FE! Or for the new Florence album! What a time to be alive!
elieg1ory chapter 26 . 3/18
THIS IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER READ OH MY GOD. I actually stayed up all night reading it, I couldn't look away! You are an absolute amazing writer, I could learn so much from you! everything is so well written and perfectly captured and this could totally be a continuation of the story, I'm so happy I took the time to read it.

(also, my least favorite ship is Sumia and Chrom, which I guess sounds weird but I just so hardcore ship Robin and Chrom that I don't like any other ship with him haha)
Jazz chapter 26 . 2/23
You've made such great character development with Theirry, but now he's gone :'( I still love your writing, please continue. I look Foward to the next one.
coolpool2 chapter 26 . 2/25
I really enjoyed reading this fanfiction. You've done a very good job writing it.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 26 . 2/24
Yeesh, I really took my time in getting to this review. :P I really have been negligent when it comes to fan fiction. So yeah, don’t feel bad about taking long on this chapter when I’ve been bad about reading regularly. Life gets in the way, and it tends to be more important than fan fiction.

Anyway, we at last get a true reunion between Chrom and Robin now that there’s nothing holding back her feelings. Having Morgan and the others run up to her in a group embrace was sweet enough, but I really liked it when Nah told them to leave Robin and Chrom a moment to themselves . She’s grown more into that maturity that was partially a façade in the game. I also have to love how Chrom says there is no one else who would take him. That emotion you depict so excellently in especially strong in this scene. I could almost feel Robin’s overflow of emotions, and those of the others to a lesser extent.

While there were bit of foreshadowing, like the statement about all magic having loopholes and the amount of blood needing to be spilled to break the barrier curse, it’s still shocking to see Thierry take his own life so that the Shepherds could get out without killing children. He has always been a disturbed man (not just in this fic, but it seems since he was young), and its just really sad that he felt his life was expendable enough to take it so that his cousin and her friends and family could live. It’s tragic for poor Thierry, and I imagine Robin is going to feel terrible about his sacrifice as well. She’s the only one to make a sacrifice out of herself, after all. :P I do have to wonder what those last memories are.

I didn’t find this chapter, with all of its events and happenings, hard to follow, though one reason I did take so long to review was that I didn’t have enough time to read it in one sitting (or when I did have the time, I did something else). It may have been harder to follow if I just read chunks of it at a time. I can certainly understand the surge of ideas and wanting to get them down in a story. I do think you handled that well. Things were especially chaotic in the last paragraph, but that served a purpose and even then, not at all hard to follow. Grammar-wise, there were some typos and missing words, but this is a long chapter, so its understandable. I would point out specifics, but the inability to copy and paste makes me not want to. :P

Overall, though, I think this is an excellent chapter. There is so much going on, but it’s all very well written. The emotions throughout run as high as it always has throughout this fic. This may be the last “high” in terms of plot for this fic, at least in terms of the Grimleal, but I am looking forward to those loose ends. I’m also always up for fluff. :3 Take as much time as you need with that chapter. I do hope I’ll get around to reviewing that in a more timely manner.

QotC: I try not to dislike fictional things, especially characters, (if I don’t like something, I tend to be indifferent), but I really, really dislike Nah x Inigo. I adore Nah and think she’s a surprisingly multifaceted character. Most of her supports, Scramble DLC conversations, and her recruitment Paralouge do an excellent job of portraying that, some four of her romantic supports make her out to be some sort of psycho. Inigo is the worst of the lot. For crying out loud, she essentially threatens to eat him if he doesn’t marry her. Imagine if their genders were reversed? It’s just totally unfunny and I basically ignore it and chalk it up to a crazed writer with a terrible sense of humor so that I don’t think any less of Nah.

To end on a brighter note, I am excited about Fire Emblem: If (or whatever the Wester subtitle will be). I can’t help but have high hopes for this game. :)
I'm honestly in love with this story (is it selfish to say I'm glad it's 2 chapters longer than expected? I don't want it to end!)
I may have Fangirled too much when Robin and Chrom were finally together again 3

I'm excitedly waiting for the next one!
392 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »