Reviews for In the Wake of an End
Strawberry Eggs chapter 26 . 2/24/2015
Yeesh, I really took my time in getting to this review. :P I really have been negligent when it comes to fan fiction. So yeah, don’t feel bad about taking long on this chapter when I’ve been bad about reading regularly. Life gets in the way, and it tends to be more important than fan fiction.

Anyway, we at last get a true reunion between Chrom and Robin now that there’s nothing holding back her feelings. Having Morgan and the others run up to her in a group embrace was sweet enough, but I really liked it when Nah told them to leave Robin and Chrom a moment to themselves . She’s grown more into that maturity that was partially a façade in the game. I also have to love how Chrom says there is no one else who would take him. That emotion you depict so excellently in especially strong in this scene. I could almost feel Robin’s overflow of emotions, and those of the others to a lesser extent.

While there were bit of foreshadowing, like the statement about all magic having loopholes and the amount of blood needing to be spilled to break the barrier curse, it’s still shocking to see Thierry take his own life so that the Shepherds could get out without killing children. He has always been a disturbed man (not just in this fic, but it seems since he was young), and its just really sad that he felt his life was expendable enough to take it so that his cousin and her friends and family could live. It’s tragic for poor Thierry, and I imagine Robin is going to feel terrible about his sacrifice as well. She’s the only one to make a sacrifice out of herself, after all. :P I do have to wonder what those last memories are.

I didn’t find this chapter, with all of its events and happenings, hard to follow, though one reason I did take so long to review was that I didn’t have enough time to read it in one sitting (or when I did have the time, I did something else). It may have been harder to follow if I just read chunks of it at a time. I can certainly understand the surge of ideas and wanting to get them down in a story. I do think you handled that well. Things were especially chaotic in the last paragraph, but that served a purpose and even then, not at all hard to follow. Grammar-wise, there were some typos and missing words, but this is a long chapter, so its understandable. I would point out specifics, but the inability to copy and paste makes me not want to. :P

Overall, though, I think this is an excellent chapter. There is so much going on, but it’s all very well written. The emotions throughout run as high as it always has throughout this fic. This may be the last “high” in terms of plot for this fic, at least in terms of the Grimleal, but I am looking forward to those loose ends. I’m also always up for fluff. :3 Take as much time as you need with that chapter. I do hope I’ll get around to reviewing that in a more timely manner.

QotC: I try not to dislike fictional things, especially characters, (if I don’t like something, I tend to be indifferent), but I really, really dislike Nah x Inigo. I adore Nah and think she’s a surprisingly multifaceted character. Most of her supports, Scramble DLC conversations, and her recruitment Paralouge do an excellent job of portraying that, some four of her romantic supports make her out to be some sort of psycho. Inigo is the worst of the lot. For crying out loud, she essentially threatens to eat him if he doesn’t marry her. Imagine if their genders were reversed? It’s just totally unfunny and I basically ignore it and chalk it up to a crazed writer with a terrible sense of humor so that I don’t think any less of Nah.

To end on a brighter note, I am excited about Fire Emblem: If (or whatever the Wester subtitle will be). I can’t help but have high hopes for this game. :)
Guest chapter 26 . 2/19/2015
I'm honestly in love with this story (is it selfish to say I'm glad it's 2 chapters longer than expected? I don't want it to end!)
I may have Fangirled too much when Robin and Chrom were finally together again 3

I'm excitedly waiting for the next one!
nanonaneko chapter 26 . 2/17/2015
The last bit was kind of confusing. I didn't get the whole thing about the Grimleal's seal being blue too and a loophole and whatnot. _ Might have to reread that a few times, since it's been a while since I read the previous few chapters _

But oh my god, yay, Chrom finally gets Robin back completely! \o/

Most disliked FE:A ship...is probably Frederick/Cordelia. Because both of them could be so much happier. I personally love Frederick with Sumia and Cordelia with Stahl, because of the way the former pair bounce off each other and the fact that Stahl always manages to make his spouse (no matter who it is) so happy in the end. Cordelia needs it. I know the Frederick/Cordelia ship is beautifully, tragically painful and that has its own charms in a story, but I'm a softie at heart and want these lovely people to be happy.

FE14...I'll look forward to it if it stays on a handheld. FE9-10 broke my heart, being on them big ol' Gamecube and Wii, which I don't really buy.
BrilliantPurple chapter 26 . 2/17/2015
Wow...totally worth the wait! Bring on the next chapter :D cant wait to see what happens next!
Acqua Sole chapter 26 . 2/17/2015
What a cliffhanger! I must say that when Thierry was introduces I never would have expected this type of sacrifice from him; but what does this mean for Robin? As for my least favourite ships... Tharja/Robin (stalking is creepy and not a good basis for a relationship), Robin/ second gen (it squicks me out!) and Nah/ Inigo.
AnimeGalaxy chapter 26 . 2/16/2015
Thanks for updating! I loved the reunion scene. It was so sweet :)
Sky Painter chapter 26 . 2/16/2015
I had a terrible feeling as I went through this chapter... And of course, you had to validate that feeling.

A few things I'm still a little confused about. This might have been brought up in a previous chapter, but how did Thierry give Robin her memories back? Was he simply helping her unlock memories she'd put away or does it have something to do with their previous connection to Grima?

Also, Thierry's condition at the end, was it only due to his injuries, or was it compounded by illness, or whatever condition he'd been suffering from through the story?

Otherwise, a riveting chapter. Can't wait to read the next few... And probably cry.
Lori Konosuna chapter 25 . 2/8/2015
Love this.
Can't wait for the upcoming battle..I love the way how you write the battle scenes.
Lol . It seems I have caught up. UvU
Lori Konosuna chapter 15 . 2/8/2015
Whoa...THAT WAS INTENSE!
Damn...So is Robin still being controlled? Is Grima really gone?
So many questions...XDD
...If I was an FE:A character...I think I'd be Gaius, as I like sweet foods. But maybe I'd be Henry... :p
Lori Konosuna chapter 10 . 2/8/2015
Beautiful chapter. That suspense at the end was powerful!
Gaius was 1000% in character! He's one of my favorites as well, so thank you.
Lori Konosuna chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
THANK YOU.
Alylia chapter 6 . 1/13/2015
This is so beautiful. It really is. DO NOT DISCONTINUE THIS STORY. I love it too much, you're writing is amazing.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 25 . 12/28/2014
Too much to write, huh? Take your time, dear, as I always say. Don't worry about writing "too much." It's still excellently, enjoyable, and has me waiting anxiously for more. It will be sad when it end, but at the same time, I do want to see it conclude.

In any case, yay, Robin has her memories back! It has been a long time in coming, and I thought for some time that most of them would remain lost. Still, it has been a long, heard, and tumultuous time for Robin these past months since her return, so this well earned. I doubt things can pick up where they left off for Robin and Chrom even with her memories back, but I can imagine that their relationship won't be so on-again/off-again awkward. First things first, of course; they need to get away from the Grimleal (or rather, blast them to kingdom come).

I just love how Nah takes charge of that scene after Chrom gets the telepathic message from Theirry. Ignoring the fact that she can turn into a dragon, she's a diminutive girl and tends to be on the quiet side when she's not annoyed. She was probably one of the last people the Shepherd expected to be commanding like that, but she does know about the whole telepathy thing. That, and the fact it involves Robin, her good friend and the mother of her boyfriend/fiance/husband. I also got a kick out of Nah reprimanding Sumia, since they are voiced by the same actor (Danielle Judovits XD)

Theirry is still doing an excellent job of providing exposition while not being obvious about it. His explanation for how devoted the Plegian people really are makes a lot of sense. There doesn't seem to be any ulterior motive for the Grimleal or Validar in wanting to awaken Grima. There are no delusions of grandeur, no promises for great power, no outright grudges against against the world for being oppressed; they apparently just want to bring back the Fell Dragon because, why not? It bothered me that the Grimleal are apparently so shallow. Having them be influenced by Grima's dark power (his bones are still found around the palace, after all) makes sense. Having the Fellbloodline also be able to carry that influence makes sense as well. Plegia is apparently always a theocracy, but Gangrel himself said he wasn't a practicing Grimleal, and thus the waning of that religion also fits in. This is very well thought out.

What more can I say that I already haven't? This chapter is fantastic and your writing is fantastic. It's so well put together and so obviously well thought out. As I said, don't worry about how long your take or how long this fic will be. I want you to continue to do your best. :)

QotC: Lissa and Cynthia would be my first picks for most festive during the Christmas season. I can see Sumia enjoying the holiday and at least wanting to help make and put up decorations and prepare food and get everyone gift, though she would also make a huge mess of everything. She would then get depressed that she messed everything up. Actually, maybe the holidays would make her stressed because she wants to participate, but it afraid her klutziness will ruin things. I'm sure Gaius would make any excuse to try out the sweets of the season, or to prepare them. Morgan would probably really get into the Christmas spirit, or a similar winter solstice holiday.
88 Ringo 88 chapter 25 . 12/28/2014
fjahjhgkdkahfjkghdsjfh
This story is amazing.
I started reading it sometime last year, and I followed it- not sure if I've left a review yet or not, though. I got caught up in school, robotics, math club, debate, band, and loads of other stuff, and I wasn't playing FE that often. I started playing again this Christmas, and I found this in my email... just wow. This is the best FEA story I've read, and I can't wait for an update.
Who is the most festive? I'd think Lissa and Cynthia as well, and I could see those two trying to get everyone together for a really nice meal and gift exchange.
Ugh, this is so good... I can't wait for an update!
JayLightnStrike chapter 25 . 12/28/2014
Hi! I just recently got into Fire Emblem Awakening and I have to say I am really enjoying your story so far! The direction it's taken is interesting and I am looking forward to the rest of it! One question though, How many more chapters do you figure it will be? Just curious haha!
Have an awesome new year!
Jay