Reviews for A Way of Life
Blackravens5 chapter 2 . 2/1
I like this story! Can't wait to read the next chapter.
crimsonninja117 chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
This is great
jh831 chapter 2 . 7/25/2013
don't think you needed to censor yourself with the goblens
cant wait to see what happens next
dogman999 chapter 2 . 7/16/2013
This is a great story so far. You have done a good job writing the two chapters you have. Are you going to explain to us how Ferdinand left in 1985 and why he pissed off the goblins?
Flying Raijin chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
well, the story's yours but personally I hate polygamy pairings. More then one relationship it's normal, even expected. Now more then one woman/man it's just not done in occidental countries and personally I find it despicable...
Alastar R. UnLife chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
I vote for Harry/Tonks/Narcissa pairing. Harry/Tonks is my second favorite Harry/ship (after Harry/Hermione), and I think Narcissa has the potential to be an interesting character, and I don’t see either happening enough for my tastes.

Will Dracula make a future appearance, or is this it for him?

All-in-all, I’m finding this an interesting read, keep it up.
senpen banka chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
Awesome story so far, can't wait for more!
Cat0106 chapter 2 . 6/17/2013
Loved the chapter. I think you did an amazing job portraying the troubles someone would feel if they were in the situation 'Ferdinand' is in. I shall anxiously sit here anticipating the next update! Until next time
Penny is wise chapter 2 . 6/17/2013
Awesome chapter. I think the Gringott scene was kinda angtsy.
Ronin Kenshin chapter 2 . 6/17/2013
this is an enigma very original and very cool can't wait to see more great work
Zeuswillknockyouup2 chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
wow pretty good story so far i am really looking forward for the next chapter and i loved the interaction between Ferdinand (harry) and Bones and its quite interesting to see this new harry you are picturing i cant wait to see what was the thing or event that caused him to change so radically
Gaveupwriting chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
Another well written chapter that flows and develops characters. I find it odd you have the friendship develop between Ron, Hermione, and Ginny without Harry as the catalyst like in canon. Then again I also believe that Ron is given a bit of a bad rap by many (I myself indulged in the intro of my story) so I can understand him developing better personality traits as a result. The Ginny/Hermione friendship is much easier to believe to me. However I have to wonder how they survived the incidents of the first few years of Hogwarts. To be answered I'm sure!

Tonks reactions to Ferdinand's behavior are generally acceptable for a curious and outgoing person. Just be careful about narrowing her into a one dimensional obsession driven character, it'll ruin her character and thus her place in your story.

As to dear Ferdinand himself, well let's take it from the top:
Firstly, his outer persona. I take this as his personal filter through which he has CHOSEN to view the world. He became what he needed to be in order to cope with his inner problems. I think by giving himself a sort of outer buffer he is able to function normally to a degree.

Secondly, his minor mental breakdown. I believe he has a - if not several - major trauma that has shaped him into who he is. I believe that at his core he is a scared young man hiding from the horror(s) of what has happened either to or around him or possibly because of him. He is exceptionally well compartmentalized mentally. He had tried (and failed) to bring his walls down and remove some of those compartments that house his darker emotions or memories. Naturally the greater the compression of emotion the more volatile they become when faced with dealing with them.

Thirdly, his knowledge. I address this as a last point because it both fascinates me as well as seems slightly typical so to speak with missing Harry stories. I do expect a couple of options for the source as certain factors allow me to make several theories. One is that he is Master of Death regardless of the Hallows possession, and that if he was either nearly killed or killed he woke that power and somehow gained training while in limbo between Life and Death. Another is that he somehow was sent to or has somehow entered a "Hell" for lack of a better term that instead of breaking him made him face up to the challenges and gave him both his understandings of magic and his seeming link to Death or Darkness of such a place (eg - the bone wand, Bones, Fire based magical affinity) via forced learning in order to survive insurmountable odds. I have others, but they will simply distract from your most excellent story.

In closing, a rather excellent addition to a chapter to inspires more questions than it answered. My hat's off to you, or it would if I could find a bloody hat that fits my stupidly large head!
serialkeller chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
Good chapter, but yeah you're right, he came across as just an angsty little bitch.
smokeapound chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
hmmmm
Rio47 chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
For someone so tough you did make the bank scene a bit angsty. Good chapter though mate and enjoy your trip away.