Reviews for The Raven
Halmaethor chapter 23 . 9/21
Nice job on this one. Wow.

Such a complex plot, and you handled it so well, so that even before all the 'big reveal' information in Poe's letter and the details on Lou West, I felt I had ENOUGH information to follow the story so far. (Of course, it WAS reassuring that you highlighted just how little DEAN understood what was happening - it meant that I could be sure I wasn't just being dense!)

You addressed the Purgatory issue well. I also love (in that kind of 'Oh NO!' way) the idea that Hallucifer came back for a while after the events of 7.23. "I didn't have Stone Number One." was a wonderful way of putting it. (Rip my heart out why don't you? ;) )
Also, the idea that Sam now understands Enochian after the Cage is one of my favourite headcanons, so I'm pleased to see that make an appearance.

I feel that I ought to congratulate you on one point particularly. You included, what, FIVE hugs (or hug-like events) in one story? You're one of the few authors I've read who can do that kind of thing without making things overly mushy or OOC, so you deserve MAJOR kudos for that.

Other points of note -
One: I really liked Fuller's perspective in the interludes, his shifting trust of Dean and eventual siding with the 'Smith's - especially liked his musings on how he may actually HELP Dean cause Lou bodily harm, and his reaction to Garth's (very Garth-like) statement - "Do you really care?" (Also, Fuller's description of Garth was great.)
Two: something that really got me was Sam waking up in the coffin, and the realisation that he was lying on the skeleton - that was genuinely creepy and well-written. The Cage flashbacks were excellently interspersed in that scene, and Sam's general reaction to that situation had the right balance of fear in my opinion - he IS a hunter, and he's been to Hell, but waking up like that has still got to be freaking scary. In fact, the inclusion of the Cage flashbacks there means it's easy to believe that that kinda thing only gets harder with experience of the supernatural (and the subsequent PTSD FROM that experience), and as such Sam didn't seem to be overreacting at all.

Great story. I loved the gradual build of the plot, and all in all this was a wonderful read, so thanks for posting it!
Sonic Key chapter 23 . 7/11
Fantastic story, the Interludes were awesome! I loved seeing Dean protective over Sam, and furious Fuller and Dora would even suggest he abused him! This was defenitly a creepy story, especially when Sam got locked in the coffin itself. That's got to be one of the worse ways to die, I feel bad for both Sam and Marguerite. I'm glad she finally found her peace, though, and Robert was defeated!
Rafaela Amanda chapter 3 . 6/25
I will make a campaign: More stories with wounded Sammy in the ICU, haha because it is simply amazing and perfect
ellie.reynolds.777 chapter 21 . 6/12
This was freaking fantastic! OMG Fabulous fic ever written on Sam and Dean brotherly bond relationship! The case fic is so perfect and creepy and hauntingly sad I can so see this as an episode in the show. Your in dept description to all the characters was AMAZING and Realistic. LOVE LOVE that you drew in some type of Edgar Allen Poe story-isque (is that even a word?).
You send shivers down my spine when Sam was taken twice and ended in the crypt first outside the coffin and then inside (OMG!-I FREAK along with Sam). This was totally awesome you totally scared me with this and also made me mad with the hospital staff :) perfect amount of fluff and love between the brothers- Do you have more like this that you would recommend?

I love and I am a sucker for fics where Dean rescues/Save his baby brother and then takes care of him also love geeky research Sammy and you cover all the bases here with this!

I was looking for fics like this specific theme after reading a couple of "Teenchester" fics involving CPS after Sam and Dean. And I had wonder Since now adult Sam tends to get the most kidnapped and hurt Dean takes him to the hospital a lot wouldn't some MDs or RN get suspicious for that too.
Would't it be hilarious that Dean has to still deal with- not CPS but with ADULT protective Services.
I picture Dean and Sam rolling their eyes thinking "oh god really?!" SO I made a request in LiveJournal SPN Storyfinders and was led to this story- thank you for writing this kind of story. I wish there were more out there like this written
Loosely Divided chapter 10 . 8/20/2014
Great story so far :)
Sam with no wi-fi! Gasp! The horror!
AlElizabeth chapter 23 . 1/25/2014
Bravo! I really enjoyed this fic. Thanks for sharing it!
AlElizabeth chapter 17 . 1/25/2014
Uh... If I was Fuller I'd be getting Lou the hell out of there ASAP. Son of a bitch. Oh this is soooooooo good! Keep up the great work!
AlElizabeth chapter 8 . 1/25/2014
Glad that Sam and Dean are back together. That was worrying. That ghost though, made me think of Poe's 'Fall of the House of Usher' am I right? Keep up the great work and I'll keep reading.
AlElizabeth chapter 6 . 1/25/2014
OH SHIT where's Sam! This isn't good! Man, that Underhill was creepy as fuck. Can't wait to read more!
AlElizabeth chapter 5 . 1/25/2014
At least Fuller is starting to doubt the validity of Dora's accusations. Hopefully Dean doesn't end up in the local jail or worse for this.
AlElizabeth chapter 2 . 1/25/2014
If Lou isn't careful he is going to get punched in the head. He does not want to piss off Dean. Hopefully he can keep his mouth shut.
AlElizabeth chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Oh shit. That's not good. Even if Sam tells them that Dean has nothing to do with his injuries, the doctor an cop would probably not believe, thinking Sam is trying to protect Dean or is too scared to tell the truth in case his abuser (Dean in this case) turns around and hurts him again.
twinklingeyes07 chapter 23 . 12/15/2013
definitly enjoyed reading this :)
Holliday1081 chapter 23 . 12/10/2013
I kinda would've like to see Dean finally get to really lay into Lou, but a happy ending is so rare on spn that I guess I shouldn't complain when i finally get one :) Great job here, I loved all of the suspense and the switching povs. Definitely one of those stories that had me on the edge of my seat waiting for updates!
Holliday1081 chapter 21 . 12/10/2013
Of course he isn't! You tell them Dora :)