Reviews for Nine Lives
Auua Ytjoml chapter 39 . 9/27
Listening to "Rose's Theme" while reading this chapter... and trying not to cry... and holding back a laugh-
Brilliant. Just, fantastic
Thank you.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 31 . 9/27
I'm pretty sure Jack jacks up the rating of any story by at least a level just by showing up...
Auua Ytjoml chapter 26 . 9/27
You keep mentioning HGTG- What do think the Doctor would say on the issue of Zaphod's 'I'm my own great-grandfather' personal paradox?
Auua Ytjoml chapter 22 . 9/27
I like how you integrate more of the sum of what and who the Doctor is. So many people just write Nine as PTSD army doctor turned general as if he were some 20-something back from the Middle East. But he's also a scientist and explorer; he's stuffy and relaxed, serious and whimsical... a father and grandfather. At some point in time before Rose (or River) he had a wife and had kids with her (regardless of whether those kids were birthed or loomed- he still had them). And while he obviously doesn't think of Rose as a daughter/granddaughter figure I think he absolutely would react as a father/protector to some of what Rose comes out with. So thanks for showing that.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 21 . 9/27
Just a sec- You describe the Vortex in this chapter as being between space and time and outside either... but isn't that how the Doctor describes the Void in 'Doomsday' 2x14? They're definitely /not/ the same place...
Auua Ytjoml chapter 5 . 9/27
This is written much better than most retellings. I think it's that you're telling things from the Doctor's understanding while the show generally tells it from Rose's... different perspective.
And also more skill :P
galwaygirl220 chapter 39 . 7/16
I absolutely love the X Files reference in this chapter. Great story and I can't wait to read the next one :)
Midnightmoon321 chapter 39 . 4/30
I realise I'm more then a year late with this, but thank you so much for writing this. This definitely classes in my top 5 Doctor Who fics. I've never read one that writes from the Doctor's perspective and I just want to say I think you captured him perfectly. And I really love this story so much and just thank you for writing it.
ElspethMcGillicuddy chapter 39 . 10/8/2014
Somehow, this ending breaks my heart... :'( i'm just gonna go cry now.
ElspethMcGillicuddy chapter 26 . 10/8/2014
I *love* this. Jack's cameo (so poignant when it suddenly hit me who it was), the attention to detail you show by explaining where that Union Jack shirt came from, the little "travel writer" reference at the end... beautiful. This whole fic is great. :)
Godiva9 chapter 39 . 7/24/2014
A really great story thanks for writing and sharing it! : )
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 39 . 3/10/2014
Wow! Extremely well done. I have to admit in my anxiousness and hunger to read it all, I flew through the chapters. But I am going to come back and savor this very soon
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 3 . 3/10/2014
I am loving this. I won't review every chapter, but just wanting to say I like it!
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Knowledge is a powerful tool chapter 39 . 2/14/2014
Fantastic story. Loved it!