Reviews for One Foot in Front of the Other
Beans12 chapter 6 . 6/6/2014
What a great story, so well written, very in character for everyone-brilliant! So glad I found it yesterday; read it all at once but wish I'd savoured it a bit more now-just the kind of fiction I love. There are so many talented writers posting their work-just wish they could all get work on the show, and add some much needed emotional depth to the constant blood lust. And, of course, keep featuring the divine Mr D and Mr G- I'm loving all the Rickyl bromance, but I think it's a bit too subtle on the show-time to step it up a bit, i think-as long as that doesn't lead to tragedy for one of them, not sure I could handle losing either of them!
DancingInTheDark85 chapter 6 . 3/7/2014
Aww. That was a brilliant story, loved having all of them come to help Daryl through his ordeal. And what an ordeal, you've obviously put some research into that as I thought it was spot on. I know what you mean about the non-romance stories not getting any reviews. That's a shame because your story deserves so many more. Besides, who wants to read romance all the time? Looking forward to any more you've done.
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
love it, what a lovely ending x
alibabwa chapter 6 . 6/18/2013
What a fantastic, exhausting journey you took us on here. Daryl's thirst was palpable, sticking my own tongue in my mouth. I really liked how you illustrated the the desert's cruel effects slowly stripping Daryl. All the touches of his hallucinations worked so well, helping drive the story and Daryl along and truly highlighting how strong he is, how far he was able to carry himself, just to survive, just to find a cool dry place. His memory of the dog and comparing himself to her was heartbreaking. But the groups belief in Daryl, in holding together was fantastic and ending in that quiet note, of one of Daryls hallucinations actually becoming a reality, his hand on Carols ankle was just perfect. I really hope you'll share something else with the TWD fandom. You've got a great voice that would be most welcome.
Rodgerse chapter 6 . 6/17/2013
This was fantastic. Read all 6 chapters straight through. Please continue to write these type of stories. Your subtle romance was more touching than some of the more graphic sexual encounters. Your descriptions of the heat and desert were right on. I ENJOYED how each character helped Daryl to keep going. The family Daryl chose is truly his family. Loved this fic.
purehalo chapter 6 . 6/17/2013
This was such a wonderful story! Beautifully told and i love the little moments you have between the characters.

Thanks so much for sharing
RockiesFan chapter 6 . 6/16/2013
Just finished reading this story- its fantastic! The ending was very sweet, and you did a great job making me feel Daryl's exhaustion throughout the story, as well as the worry of the rest of the group. I hope you write more Walking Dead stories after this. Like you mentioned, there are too many romance stories on here, (which I hate), so this is definitely a breath of fresh air. Keep it up!
AffairWithACrossbow chapter 6 . 6/16/2013
I'm so happy they found Daryl and that he survived. And that ending was perfect...with him laying in her lap and her fingers in his hair while she hummed, just like he hallucinated. Thanks for sharing it with us...I look forward to reading more by you.

CaineSpeedle
Peachuzoid chapter 6 . 6/16/2013
Awwww, I loved it! Kinda sad it's over but glad they found him. Perfect ending. :') I'll keep an eye out if you do more walking dead fics. I prefer action and suspense over romance any day!
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 6 . 6/16/2013
Yes they found Daryl. I love this story already in its beginning. Can't wait for the next chapter. I loved the understanding between Rick and Daryl and the private moment that he and Carol said. It was a great heart felt chapter. I'm sorry last night's review was weak. I had just finished a twelve chapter 15 ,000 word story and was going to bed but I had to stay wake to read your story.
Ravenesque2 chapter 6 . 6/16/2013
I loved your story. It was wonderfully authentic, drastic, frightening, and beautiful at the end. I hope you do write something else.
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
Oh please update soon. I loved the emotion this it is an amazing story they are so close to finding him I love it.
Peachuzoid chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
Aww, you had to end it there? :( Darn it! They just barely make it on time and thus the h/c begins? But all the supplies they need are back in the vehicle? Ugh, you're killing me. Haha.
I enjoy seeing the vulnerable side to Daryl and you do that quite well. Now I'm just going to sit here and twiddle my thumbs awaiting the next update... :)
Ravenesque2 chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
Gahhhhh! This is torture, sweet, sweet torture! At least they have found him, even though he sounds about ready to quit right when he can't. You have made me quite certain that I am never going near a desert, ever. Desperate for the next chapter!
Therm chapter 5 . 6/15/2013
This story just makes me want to cry. I just want Daryl to be safe and back with his group and it's so precarious the situation he;s in and he's in so much trouble but I'm hoping Hershel's preparation will be enough to save Daryl.