Reviews for Behind the Berlin Wall
Guest chapter 26 . 12/30/2020
Please please please continue I love this story!
Thorn235 chapter 26 . 9/1/2019
Man this is really good, wish it was finished
Guest chapter 5 . 9/6/2018
Yes yes! PruHun is my OTP ship (that isn't gay at least lol) LUV THIS STORY
Guest chapter 26 . 12/12/2017
Where is the next chapter!? I need it desperately ,please! :( This is awesome by the way! :)
Guest chapter 26 . 8/18/2017
Oh god dammit no fanfics I read have a proper ending
Fomalhaut16 chapter 26 . 8/9/2017
I have read all his fic. I liked it very much.
However, when dealing with sensitive issues, there were some points that I could not ignore:
"The German Democratic Republic was not obliged to be that. Clearly, most GDR citizens were socialists. Had it never been, another state in the German nation would have been unsustainable.
In fact if there were socialist states were not because Russia forced them at all, the people had to be predisposed to this in some way for one reason.
Likewise, most socialist or Soviet states benefited from joining the Soviet Union by improving their quality of life (an example I know well: Armenia).

In a survey conducted in 2008, many Germans expressed their desire to return to the GDR, having lost much of the veneficios there. The reality is that living and growing in the GDR was far from being a hell for most of its inhabitants. In fact, especially women, large sectors enjoyed almost unique social rights in the world. But all that fell into oblivion and it is convenient, from time to time, to discover some pieces of history that seek to hide those who write, the so-called winners.
The same thing happened with a survey on whether the Soviet Union wanted to return.

As for the wall, although you do not mention this, it is undeniable that many people on the eastern side tried to escape to the west, by certain and varied circumstances. But we must not forget that this wall was jumped on both sides. Many people tried to escape to the eastern side. I give you an example of this: the case of 1988 Lenné-Dreieck. A magazine talked about the subject titling it "Escaping From the Free World".
To better understand the subject I recommend watching the German movie Goodbye, Lenin! Which deals with the pros and cons of German reunification.

On one occasion you mentioned Prussia with chivalrous behavior due to his status as Teutonic Order.
I have to mention that that Order was one to Christianize and kil those who did not. They killed many people and surely burned, raped and killed many women, that I assure you, if we consider that it was an ultra religious and warlike Order.
so,Putting him into chivalrous behavior for this I do not think that would be the case.

And ... Russia. The way you portrayed Russia was what hurt me the most. I know that Russia is a little bit deranged in Hetalia, but put him in that psychopath way. I dont know. Many people sometimes forget that Germany and his brother were Nazis, and that the United States shoots two Atomic Bombs over Japan. And yet the most terrible is Russia.

You (and the majority) put Prussia and the others as abducted. In a "way he was at first". This is to represent the Russian occupation in the east of Germany. Then we would have to put more than Germany went through three zones of occupation: English, French, American. This would be the same case as Prussia, a kidnapping, even a rape, only this time for three. But no one stresses this. Only to Russia point it out.

Neither East Germany nor Poland nor Hungary was within the Soviet Union. Were socialist states monitored and almost conytralados by this, but not within this one.

Usually in Hetalia the Soviet Union is not complete, it is necessary to mention Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Moldova. These were also merits to the Soviet Union.
And just to mention, most of them suffered a relapse after the fall. That says a lot about how they were doing there.

And finally, I understand that they put Prussia as a renegade to be there and all that, especially because of his separation with his brother, etc. But if we go to the beginning of the question, the "father" of communism, Karl Marx, was Prussian. That for me says more than anything.

Sorry for making this so long and boring, but I really had to say it. Presently because I take the fic seriously. I usually dont do this because there are not many good fics on these interesting topics.

Anyway and despite this I really liked it.
Proud Pancake of Prussia chapter 24 . 4/11/2017
NO WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SURRENDER GILBERT
DreamTeam2 chapter 26 . 3/13/2017
OMG. You can't leave it like that! I need more!
Alexandria5396 chapter 26 . 1/19/2017
HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING! I love the way you present Poland, Belarus, and Lithuania. They're really overlooked chracters, but you did perfectly at their personalities!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2017
I have found out of hetalia a little bit more than 2 months ago and this is my first fanfiction I have read. I will just say that you cleared up the thought of "Is Russia a psychopath or not?" And now i know that he definitely is. But Russia is still my favorite character in Hetalia.
2lazy2makeacount chapter 26 . 12/18/2016
I love this story but you haven't updated since 2013! Can you please update! If you have writers block please just do a time skip to when Berlin Wall goes down. Pretty please with a cherry on top!
deelnefire chapter 26 . 11/22/2016
Oh God, I want to read more... oh gosh, I want to see how furious Germany when he knows what happened to his brother... please please write again... please please this story is so damn cool!
HerMajestyAlice chapter 26 . 11/6/2016
Does it...just end like that? Bro that's such a cliffhanger! and you havent updated in three years!
Ruth chapter 26 . 10/4/2016
This is going SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I can't wait for the next update~! w
mssunnymuffins chapter 26 . 8/24/2016
Oh no, an unfinished story. And i was enjoying it so dearly! Alright, some things i liked: i knew prussia would surrender. I didn't want him to but like common. He cant let a woman, who he loves, be manhandled like that. I also love the letters from germany and the story bout his stuffed eagle. SO CUTE. at one point when describing prussia's feelings after thinking maybe the wall was the only thing keeping his population in order/him alive you said he felt hopeless. It was such a perfect word and just stuck with me. This story does a lot right with mentions of homesickness, conflicting emotions, characterization (especially of prussia and poland), Russia's unrelenting insanity, and wound description! Much love! I hope you finish this someday and will follow it just in case cause its so good. :)