Reviews for You Can Be a Hero in an Age of None
daninickel chapter 116 . 9/6
I just read all 116 chapters in one day. I hope there are more coming. I sense Jess wants to propose eventually...soon. Am I right?
AlyWanderingSoul chapter 1 . 6/28
Just found this and am super excited to read it! My Gilmore Girls rewatch has demanded that fanfiction also be read!
Heatherlina chapter 116 . 1/19
I neglected everything I intended to accomplish today because I found your story. Read all the chapters - just couldn't stop myself. I've been re watching Gilmore Girls and was always rooting for Rory and Jess to reunite. So I took a look at the fics and was so impressed with your story. It was long, had the banter, and slow burn qualities that I prefer. I hope you update soon.
MusicalCatharsis chapter 116 . 12/19/2014
I really like this story. So much so that I read all 116 chapters in a day...thinking it would be over, but little did I know. Anyway update soon!
Wickedfetch chapter 116 . 11/6/2014
Found this yesterday and couldn't stop reading, you kept me up WAY past my bedtime. So glad it's going to keep going, it's wonderful.
Guest chapter 116 . 9/18/2014
I love this story! Read all within a day and a half. Couldn't stop. I hope you continue! !
ktwidwell chapter 116 . 7/25/2014
I just found your story the other day and I love it! I've read all 116 chapters in 2 days. You capture the spirit of the characters so well. I can't wait for another update.
bibliophile33 chapter 116 . 7/22/2014
I absolutely love this storyline an how well you captured the characters! I cannot wait for more!
Scarlet3086 chapter 116 . 7/13/2014
I hope everything gets better for you soon, and not jut so we can get more of this story! I am excited to have an update though. Thanks for it, it put a smile on my face!
sonckad chapter 116 . 7/13/2014
So glad to see you back, you have been missed :) Hope to read more soon :)
CharmedOpal chapter 116 . 7/12/2014
Gah, I do love these two. And Paris, ohhh Paris, of course she would be trying to make α schedule for the baby, lmaooo. (:

Can't wait for the next chapter:3
snowwygirl4 chapter 115 . 6/27/2014
Oh my god this story! I love it so much! I couldn't ever put it down! I love that it has all the amazing Gilmore banter that I love and some that I completely forgot about. Now I just want to rewatch Gilmore Girls! I completely forgot about the Il Duce moment and I sat on my bed where I was reading this and trying not to pee myself. And about all the other comments I forgot about. Something I will never stop laughing about is Rory's nickname of loin fruit. I love this! I love Jess and Rory together because of all the literature references and everything. I love how well you kept the hilarious banter of the show in this! It's amazing! I also love that Lane and Paris are apart of this! I can't wait for more! :)
Ultrawoman chapter 115 . 6/26/2014
I've been in a quandary for days over this fic. I was desperate to catch up, to see what happened next after every chapter, but on the downside I knew once I got here, it'd be sad, because there is no more. It seems you used to update daily or close to it, and now it's been over a month since you last posted. I really hope you come back soon, but I'm thinking maybe you won't, and that'll really suck :(

This story is... wow. I think that's the best way for me to describe it, just 'wow'. You have such a wonderful handle on the characters and you've developed them organically into new versions of themselves that make total sense, whilst still keeping them the same in enough ways for them to be totally recognisable. The way the Literati happened, the way the JJ happened... it was all slow and stressful sometimes, but they got their eventually. That's way more real than a sudden sweeping gesture and bam, everything is fixed.

I love how you handled Rory's career change. I didn't see the outcome coming but it does make total sense. The inn being broken into was a curveball, but it worked. Paris being pregnant, well, I did wonder if that was the news she wanted to share, and I was surprised, but it works. You write her exceptionally well, and Paris really isn't easy to write!

I can't deny, Rory & Jess are my favourite part of the story. Sometimes it comes off as if Jess is the great knower of all things and the supreme Mr Fix It, but just when it starts to seem almost silly, he fails miserably and somebody else has to step in and help him. It's so much like real life would happen and I love that about your story. It necessitates the story being epically long, but that's okay. I am a huge fan if long stories with short chapters, so please never be discouraged by people telling you that your chapters are too short. I like them that way.

There is so much I could've said if I reviewed each chapter individually, but honestly, I couldn't bear to stop reading long enough for that, I just had to keep flying through. Now I am all caught up and hoping that you're still around here somewhere and planning to get back to this epic and wonderful fic eventually. Even if you never do, I'll be glad I read as much as there was to read, because it's been amazing! :)

Ultrawoman chapter 56 . 6/19/2014
Okay, stopping by to drop another review here. I'm over half way through this epic fic already which should surprise me, but it really doesn't just because of the awesomeness of the writing - I start reading and I find it so hard to stop! First off, can I just say, I'm glad you've left the rating at T. As much as I love a good romance and am not at all against my favourite couples having the sex or whatever, I can do without the graphic details. To paraphrase Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not looking for a detailed sketch, just a nice blurry watercolour ;)

That said, good grief there's going to be some pretty explosive sex in this story soon, huh? I mean I have to assume so from the way things have been building, and building, and building. The passion is pretty epic already and that's without them actually doing 'it'. All that love and deep feeling and attraction... You have done so well in rebuilding what was broken and organically developing this relationship into what it I now, a perfectly grown up version of what Literati always had before. They are best friends, confidantes, soul-mates. You could see it from age seventeen, but it has taken all this time and all these trials to have it work out like it should, and you've written in beautifully so far.

I love how you patched up the Jess & Lorelai relationship, for Luke's sake rather than Rory's sake. I love how it's like a family unit, how they all just care and they're there for each other. It's genuinely heart-warming and beautiful. By contrast, I kind of like that Jess loses it with Liz. It shows he's not quite over everything, that he's not suddenly become perfect because that would be insane. He's still the same guy, just an adult version that's slightly less angry with the whole world. At least he's directing the fury at one person who deserves a good chunk of it. She really was a horrible mother.

Chris and Matt, well, I understand what you're doing there. When you have loyal friends, it's to be expected that they'd be on your side come hell or high-water. I'd be more disappointed if they weren't watching Jess' back in all of this. Matt is being particularly vile though, and I think he's probably taking it a little too far at this point. Chris is trusting Jess' judgement and trying to see Rory as she is now and not as she was then. Matt can't seem to do either of those things and I feel it's becoming a little silly. Not the way you're writing it, just his character in general. Oh, I know people exist who just can't seem to get past something and move on, and he's clearly one of those people, but I kinda wanna knock him upside his head now! lol

So yeah, can't wait to get back to reading this fic because I love it. Expect more feedback as and when I can bear to actually stop reading and have enough coherent thoughts about what I've read to write another review :)

Ultrawoman chapter 14 . 6/16/2014
I know that I am nowhere close to reading all of this fic that has been posted so far. 101 chapters to go to where you are now, and by the time I get anywhere close, I'm sure you will have written/posted more, but hey, so far I'm loving the ride. That's what I'm writing feedback here for. It could be days or weeks before I have the time to catch up with such an epic-length story, so this is me, at pit stop 1, letting you know you're an amazing author and I am truly astounded that this is your first fic ever. You have a real handle on the characters minds and voices, most especially Jess. I adore how you write his relationship with Luke, and how you've made Jess & Lorelai begin to work as friends too. I completely believe in those two getting along given half the chance, it just never worked out before, it can now :) As for the Literati, I am practically vibrating with the anticipation of how awesome it will be when it happens, because so far? Everything is just awesome! Thank you for the enjoyment I have had so far reading this story and for that which I am sure to find in so many more wonderful chapters :)