Reviews for The Dire Circus
Is Maka going to be a brat throughout the whole story?
Silly Twin Stars chapter 17 . 6/2
Man. I love this story SO MUCH. What a ride! I have so many things to say so I'm just gonna jump in :)

makapedia recommended this story to me, and I'm SO glad she did, because it's got so many elements of what I love in a fic - great tension, wonderfully fleshed-out characters, an interesting plot, and it's clearly suuuuuper scrupulously researched! I absolutely loved the way you incorporated the period vocabulary and the footnotes at the end - I really looked forward to them at the end of every chapter!

I really cannot believe the world you've created here. It was so rich and totally immersive, especially the details about all of the members of the circus - I LOVED Tsubaki's tattoos and Blair's lions. I love that you didn't shy away from some totally cringeworthy (in a good way) content, like when Maka went to visit that gross mayor who came back from the madness. SPEAKING OF WHICH, the characterization in this story was so amazing. Maka was so perfect and feisty and great to read, and I loved the spin that you put on Stein. He was even more deranged than usual, and I seeing his creepy analytical-ness in this context was so like... deliciously dark.

I also want you to know, because you mentioned that you were concerned about it in a couple of your Author's Notes, that this is straight up one of my favorite characterizations of Soul that I've ever read. Watching him lash out and be angry and battle the darkest parts of himself over the course of the story made for some amaaaaaazing character and plot development (and UST ;D) and I ADORED the way you wrote him. Really. The scene where Maka sticks her hand in his mouth and says "bear it" still pops into my head at random times. Just, like. So so so good.

I really feel like I could go on about this story for days. I loved how Death took everyone's memories away, I loved when Soul mentioned Maka's handwriting and got busted, I love when Soul misses a note when Maka rides into the ring for the first time, and I loved Black*Star and Tsubaki's sexcapades. OH, and when Soul and Maka fall through the door. Hahahaha, that was so QUALITY.

Really really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for writing something so amazing, fun and memorable. It turned my morning train ride to school an absolute joy! I hope you keep writing beautiful things and have a beautiful day. :)
misstomie chapter 17 . 8/4/2016
This was a fantastic read! I love the way you write and describe things. I was enamored the entire time. I also appreciate all the research you've done to make the culture of the time as realistic as possible...and I also learned a few cool things myself! Great job and thank you for this. I'm about to read your sequel now and I'm very excited :)
TheOriginalSkittlesss chapter 17 . 3/4/2016
loved it
flowervine2020 chapter 15 . 1/11/2016
AnimeFlower chapter 17 . 1/7/2016
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Its over * sobs loudly* wahhhhhhhhhh! That story was too perfect why did it have to end!? Loved the story ! It was amazing!
AnimeFlower chapter 16 . 1/7/2016
I'm biting my nails...and I never bite my nails unless I am nervous or anxious and well that's what I am feeling right now because if the story ! Its that good !I am gonna continue the story!
AnimeFlower chapter 9 . 1/7/2016
AMAZING STORY SO FAR!
AnimeFlower chapter 2 . 1/6/2016
I'm sorry but I am hating Lord Death right now why the Hell would he do that!? Anyway great story so far!
AnimeFlower chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Wow I am loving this story!
Ishiyo chapter 9 . 9/8/2015
As much as i love the whole plot line of this story, the inside perverted me is twitching with anticipation for the smut chapter (kneads cheeks with both hands)...I'm such a closet smut reader /(-_-)\
Ishiyo chapter 2 . 9/8/2015
Is it weird that i actually love to find words i don't know or are really forigen to our normal vocabulary and study them? Great story by the way, it very in keen detail, can't wait to keep on reading.
Weeeee chapter 17 . 8/21/2015
Omg. So amazing. I love your writing style thankyou for such wonderful writing ow
KarmaHope chapter 17 . 8/1/2015
This was beautiful. It was dark and morbid, and yet every word drew me in. Maka's amnesia was handled wonderfully (I loved her forgetting the most basic things). And the mysteriousness of the circus was unveiled perfectly - I had suspected it to be a perfectly normal circus at first. Then I was like, okay, they actually have strange powers. And only then did you introduce the reality of the circus, and what it did, and I was like, 'oh.' Very well done.

The end left me thinking, 'that's it?' But I retread it, and I don't think you really could have ended it any other way. This is definitely going in my favorites!
NetterBetter chapter 17 . 7/31/2015
This story, this story right here. Blew my frickin' mind away! I just binge red this for the entire day and I fell in love. It was fantastic and it's just took my heart and soared with it. I cannot express how much I loved this frickin' story!