Reviews for Transitions
Magenta-Skye chapter 7 . 2/4/2014
This is a wonderful story that I do wish you'd continue. I love how Mary Ann stood up for Gilligan and then he eventually stood up for himself. I'm glad they somewhat acknowledged their feelings for each other, but I am also wondering what sad secrets Gilligan is harboring. I am sad you left it at such a cliffhanger, I really want to know what happens next. :)
Teobi chapter 7 . 8/22/2013
"You know what I sometimes wish for," [Gilligan] began. "I wish you and I were alone together on the island. We could do what we wanted and whatever we did would only affect us."

Mary Ann clung to him tighter. Unbeknownst to him, Gilligan had put words to her deepest fantasy. She relished at the thought of the two of them frolicking playfully on the island alone, making love whenever they wanted without the fear of being discovered or admonished by the others. But she would soon come to the realization that a fantasy is all it would ever be.

That's my fantasy too! And the fantasy of many MAG shippers, I suspect. Just Mary Ann and Gilligan and their 'hordes of wild children' (c) JWood201 :)

I also love your portrayal of Ginger. The way Hollywood made her, and how she had to tamper down that survival behaviour once she was out of that destructive environment. And how she feels about Gilligan, and how yes, she always jumps on the bandwagon when Gilligan gets blamed for every mishap. Poor old Ginger.

As with all close knit groups, the idea that two of its members might be leaving throws the rest into turmoil. Ginger falling into quicksand is an extreme example, but an example nonetheless. But now that she has, this means the rest have got to pull together to try and save her, and this means Gilligan and Mary Ann have got to rejoin the group, both physically and mentally.

'One of the most important lessons Gilligan learned in the Navy was every person onboard ship depended on each other to perform the tasks assigned to them in a careful and concise manner. When that didn't happen, people died.'

For this reason alone, none of them will ever be able to leave the group and strike out on their own. MA and G will just have to find a way of being together while still being part of the bigger group. Especially if Ginger's going to be falling in quicksand everytime she starts crying over her treatment of Gilligan!
JWood201 chapter 7 . 8/8/2013
OH, GINGER. Beneath her caricature. Ginger really was a very caring person and a good friend and you've captured that quite well. Her dramatic personality, however, still leads her right into the quicksand, haha. Seriously, though, her remorse and grief is quite understandable and heartbreaking and I hope the others are able to rescue her before she's too traumatized! I think she's learned her lesson.

Meanwhile, down by the lagoon ... MAG is having a lovely, yet introspective moment. Wouldn't that be something - MAG alone on the island? Dang. Sounds like an AU / dream sequence / crackfic idea to me, haha.

ANYway, yes, they've come to the obvious conclusion - they have to go find Ginger. Because although she hasn't apologized, they're all still a family and still good people and they don't want anything bad to happen to her. Love always triumphs over resentment. :)

Thank you for the update!
friend2friend chapter 7 . 8/7/2013
Yup, I often thought the same while watching the show, Gilligan and Mary Ann outworked all of the others, and for Gilligan it was usually a thankless routine. Still, neither of them, especially Gilligan were ones to hold a grudge, which you've demonstrated nicely. Yikes, you've left Ginger in quicksand, I hope they find her soon!

Great chapter looking forward to more!
Jenny chapter 7 . 8/6/2013
Aww, Ginger!

She's really beating herself up over Gilligan's and MA's departure. I never thought she was intentionally mean, just thoughtless at times like everyone else on that island, Gilligan included. Gilligan is a sweet kid, but he could try the patience of a saint at times, no matter how innocent and unintentional his mishaps were. Given the circumstances, it's understandable tempers are short and feelings are easily hurt. Happens in the best of families. The castaways are basically good people and they can find a way to fix this.

Relieved to see that they'll be banding together to find Ginger. Scary as this situation is, it will hopefully be the catalyst that gets them back together. I'm so proud of Gilligan remembering lessons learned and recognizing the skipper and professor will need his help. He's a bright kid, no doubt about it. I do hope he and MA decided to help look for her because they care about her, not simply because it's the right thing to do.

Hang on Ginger! The cavalry is coming!
K9grmingTwihard chapter 7 . 8/6/2013
OMG things are getting really intense. I hope they find Ginger in time. Update again soon.
friend2friend chapter 6 . 7/29/2013
Thanks for taking this in a direction the story was surely meant to go! I hear now that the reasons that the development of Mary Ann/Gilligan's relationship was trainwrecked was because of an outcry from the censors. It's a shame because Bob Denver was left with a character with no real chance to mature and grow, and I think the show suffered. The TV powers-that-be sure had it in for this childhood gem. Looking forward to more of the good ship MaG lol ..
K9grmingTwihard chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
Wow this story is getting really good. Gilligan finally stood up for up for himself when he gave the Skipper his resignation good for him. Gilligan and Skipper have always been very best friends and this has got to be their worst fight yet. I can't wit to see what you have in store for them next.
Teobi chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
"Mary Ann and I have something to tell you," he began, but before he could continue, the socialite had jumped the wrong conclusion.

"You're getting married!"

LOL. That should be the standard response to anyone who says they have something to tell someone.

"Mary Ann and I are leaving."

Well. That wiped the smile off Mrs. Howell's face...

Pfft! Skipper and his orders. He thinks he can use them when he wants. Not so!

Gilligan resigned! OMG, he resigned. That's not something to be taken lightly. Gilligan was so proud of his job. There was a time when he would have done anything for Jonas Grumby. He loved being First Mate of the Minnow. OMG. He resigned! HE RESIGNED!

We need to hear about the girl that dumped Gilligan with the Dear John letter. I'm always anxious for stories that delve into Gilligan's romantic past. Most writers assume he didn't have one, but people who are sympathetic to the character of Gilligan are certain that he must have been hurt at some point.

I love the whole bit here at the end of the chapter which explains the depletion of Gilligan's self confidence. Because he must have had confidence to join the Navy in the first place. They don't take goofs and klutzes as a matter of course!

As for the look of ardor in Mary Ann's eyes... hubba hubba. She now has a man she can look up to. Not that she didn't before, but this is the new, assertive G Man, ready to fight for his woman!

TO THE CAVE!
JWood201 chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
Yay, thanks for the update! Great backstory you're creating here for Gilligan and you're tying it into what we do know about the canon Skipper/Gilligan friendship very nicely.

Skipper brings up a good point at the end here. How Mary Ann's encouragement and love is helping him regain his confidence. Maybe this'll solve his clumsy problem - then it's a non issue! Although now that they're moving it's a non issue, too. Instead of a win-win, this is a lose-lose! I hope they can sort it out and become a happy family again.

I love Lovey here - so sweet and maternal, but not pressing the issue. Thanks for the update - don't leave us waiting too long next time!
Teobi chapter 5 . 7/17/2013
'Does she already know how I feel about her, he wondered.' - Oh, yes. **Oh, yes!** Why d'ya think she's being super snuggly and all kissy wissy?

"It's complicated." Says man-of-the-world Gilligan. Well, almost.

"A while back I decided that every day I get to spend with you is a special occasion." - Aww! That's so sweet! And she's wearing the jewellery he made for her. And he's getting all tingly up his spine.

And then they get up. GAH! **Chews knuckle**

"I may be the youngest person on the island, but I'm still a grown woman. If I decide I want to stay with my man, then that's my business."

I don't think any more needs to be added to that.

LOVEY KNOWS!
Teobi chapter 4 . 7/17/2013
"I'm sick of the man I care deeply about being treated like a little boy," she said.

Mary Ann suddenly became very quiet, as if she had just revealed her innermost secret.

"I am a boy," said Gilligan, still processing what he had heard.

My rock hard heart has just crumbled. Thanks a lot - it took me years to get it to a stage where it would never be broken again - OR SO I THOUGHT :p

"You're my mighty sailor man". - MY FEELS! Or whatever the kids are saying these days.

Spending the night, unchaperoned, in Gilligan's cave. Let's just take a moment to think about this... **drifts off into delightful, triple x rated daydream**

OMG, he kissed her! But wait, who hurt him? So much new information to process!

And then, after getting past the fork in the road, they spooned. :D

ALL NIGHT.

The others - as usual, they're closing the stable door after the horse has already bolted. (Literally, almost.) They always feel bad eventually, but it never stops them from doing it again!

Meanwhile, back in the cave, Mary Ann realises just how much Gilligan is attracted to her. Yelp!

'With her head resting on his chest, she fantasized about what it would be like to be taken by him.' - She's not the only one. **cough** What?

'Would it be gentle and somewhat awkward, or, would it be hot and passionate. Would it be something in between? She longed to find out.'

WE'RE ALL LONGING TO FIND OUT!
Teobi chapter 3 . 7/17/2013
One heck of a fire burning! You better check it out! Oh no, just put it down to a lightning strike and move on. SHEESH!

Gilligan's fault, Gilligan's fault, Gilligan's fault. I don't know why they don't just wear it on t-shirts.

'If their eyes had been lasers, poor Gilligan would have been fried many times over.' - Sounds like one of Gilligan's nightmares! The other six castaways with red glowing eyes like the Terminator all coming to kill him for messing up again.

Awwwww, the cave embrace. She nuzzles his neck! I feel better already.

You tell them, Mary Ann! "Gilligan isn't the only one to mess up a rescue plan. We've all been guilty of mistakes at one time or another." - Mr. Howell, constantly shirking anything that resembles work. Ginger, too busy looking at herself. Skipper, too busy blaming Gilligan.

'Like a Kansas tornado approaching in the distance, Mary Ann's anger began to build.' - Mine's already at Force 5!

YES! FIST PUMP! Mary Ann gives it to 'em good! One by one, is that how you treat Gilligan after all he's done for you, after you called him your son, after he saved your life. "Gilligan has saved all our lives, and more than once."

MORE THAN ONCE!

You tell them, Mary Ann. Bunch of backstabbers!
Teobi chapter 2 . 7/17/2013
'Hinkey's idea was simple and straightforward.' - So, bound to go wrong then :p

Actually, yes Gilligan did kick the logs out of place to start with, but it was the Professor who finally kicked the one log out of the 'S' position and turned it into an 'L'. Sorry Roy, your fault that time.

Notch and nail the logs. Now why didn't they think of that before!

'The ordeal with Jonathan Kincaid had affected both of them in a very profound manner. The only cure for their shared nightmares was to hold each other while they slept, which had scandalized the Howells to no end'. - To hold each other while they slept!

Ugh. I can't. I'm not doing very well with the reviewing, am I. Poor Gilligan. Something always happens, even when he's trying to help. And then he gets punished for it.

The men need to cut him some slack. It's not like they're perfect. They forgot the matches! Gilligan wasn't to know!

Gaaah! I'm going back into hiding :)
Teobi chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Mary Ann should know that Gilligan never bluffs. (wait- sometimes he does, like when he pretended to throw away the Eye of The Idol. But it's rare.) And boy, does Gilligan ever have a stubborn streak!

The thought of both Mary Ann and Gilligan sitting in that cave being upset is so heartbreaking. And to know that they both love each other but haven't admitted it.

Let's see what happens next...

(I know this isn't up to my usual standards of reviewing but I need to catch up and how!)