Reviews for A Study in Velvet
Professor chapter 1 . 3/20
Excellent Work. You've completely ruined me for any other Nasu fanfiction.
Hypothetical Spiritual Entity chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Great one-shot, the interactions actually got a few chuckles off me, and Waver/Catherine actually seems like a good idea, somehow.
Lendary chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
You know, reviewing your stories always sucks because I never have something substantial to criticise, so I'll keep it short: Story is awesome. You are awesome. Now go and update vestigal mercies before I find out where you live and make you.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I guess you go on /a/ Zalgo?
Yikari chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Seems solid enough, IMHO. An inventive use of what little information the canon provides to whip up a believable and internally consistent chain of events without really introducing anything new.

Also, the last line got a good laugh out of me. Kudos.
Leo-Novum chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I saw this story on BL but couldn't post any appreciation since I am not a forum member.

All I can say is, I am trying to send you money by throwing it at the computer screen but it isn't working for some reason. Long comment short: Simply Epic.

I wish you would write more stuff like this. Magical Sherlock Homes Expy Waver Velvet and his Ice Queen Mentor, Catherine Archibald.
FriedIce chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I do love Waver Velvet.
King of Beasts chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
I enjoyed reading this one. I'd have to say that you executed Waver's character well, considering that he grew a pair thanks to his time with Iskandar. All in all, well done with this one! :D
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Considering Waver's report of late El-Melloi was in paper and the said lord knew how to use phone I don't think Magi use parchment and quill on regular basis. Those who do are called Wizards and are a silly bunch who wear sillier clothing combinations and believe super-babies can beat Dark Lords.

Wasn't the Lady Barthomeloi we know and... we just know her from background material a brat at this point? She seems like the same age as Shiki or even Akiha (but you'll never now with the magus-ey type). So is this another Lady Barthomeloi?

I didn't notice any part mentioning refused reasearch refunding request.

Good job.

I do wish you'd do more works on Waver and how a measly third generation ad third rate magus who *La Gasp* knows how to use cellphone (something that I doubt Rin does) made it to Lord.
dragonblack chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
This is great. All characters are good, good interaction. very snappy. Not to be a dick or anything, but if you happen to feel compelled to write more along this line, please feel free.
Xoroth chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I have to say i really enjoyed this one shot. Everything felt real, I could imagine a Waver who'd grown up a bit acting like this.