Reviews for The Black Rabbit Makes No Promices
SparrowKeeper chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Ah, very good poem. The rhyming pattern flowered and it was very vivid, if not rather saddening.

Sparrow
wavesparkle7217 chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
A few typos, but otherwise very good. :)
Zoe Bardsley chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
I like the idea you've got going here - just remember that rhyming is not necessary all the time, and so if it's not flowing quite right because you're trying to make it rhyme, forget about that and just let it flow. Overall, however, very nice!
Whitehair-Dogears chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
That was really cool!
Tealah chapter 1 . 2/16/2003
I liked it. It definately walks in the pawprints of Lupine traditional stories, if a bit more lyrical like the poetry of Cowslip's warren or the doe's of Efrafa, excuse the spelling.
Narn1 chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
OOOOH! *squeels* Love this. Looooove this.

"But the Black Rabbit makes no deals./And nor does the Black Rabbit make a promises."

Keep writing poetry. You are able to keep the rhyme going, even through a very angsty poem. KUDOS!
AndrewB chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
I like this. The rhythm is strong, and for the most part it reads pretty well (the exception being the bill/elil/nil bit, which scans a bit awkwardly). The first line is great, and actually might make a better title.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
This is very cool.
El-arairah chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
I love the black rabbit of Inle. He's pretty cool and so is the poem.
Talisman chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
Bad things will happen to good rabbits.

A good example of what I like about the rabbits of the Down... They are not innocent, mostly decent, and are good in their animality.

Death is part of the story.

I liked this.
RogueFanKC chapter 1 . 8/28/2002
Wow I really loved it! The recurring theme of the Black Rabbit making no promises (really faithful to the book, thanks!) not to mention your poetry has a really good format that's not of simple A-B-A-B rhyming scheme (those are good, don't get me wrong, but they can be a bit boring). Man, keep writing, I'm starting to like this new Watership Down poetry.