Reviews for Reticence
This was a really good fanfic but, I would have liked it a lot better if you would have given the shinji love triangle closure
Jiggly Joe chapter 1 . 4/4
Man, fuck that. Bite your tongue off Shinji.
DivineDemonDragon chapter 30 . 3/3
Awsome finale, loved this story front to back.
Guest chapter 24 . 12/1/2016
"double suicide" should be "murder suicide"
Sword Theory chapter 30 . 11/30/2016
Anno should just adapt it's probably better than anything he's going to wip up in the next half decade.
Dximus chapter 8 . 11/23/2016
Graeat fic! I love it!
Garmmermibe01 chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
What a beautiful fic. This is one of the best I've ever read. I hated knowing that it would end at some point.
Guest chapter 18 . 8/3/2016
It's sweet seeing them enjoy a bit of downtime in as much normalcy as they can get.
Daniel chapter 29 . 7/4/2016
Vahn chapter 1 . 6/1/2016
I cannot help but think you are the reason why 4.0 of rebuild was delay. No one like spoilers now they'll have to do things differently thus the delay. :p but overr all i enjoyed it i. Will say that i suspect a harem ending.

Also what will tbey do about the lack of land animals or are thdy stuck in an eva somewhere too?
kanelel chapter 30 . 5/7/2016
This is an absolute must read fic. It is simply excellent and is one of the best evangelion fanfics I have ever read. It is well written, satisfying, and mostly in character. It has really helped tide me over until 4.0's release.

That said, it isn't flawless. It does basically nothing with Mari's character. The ending is fairly straight forward and not nearly convoluted or metaphorical enough. The tone is off, characters (especially Shinji) seem to cry at the drop of a hat, they are quick to break down into WAFFy emotional rants, and overall the story just isn't dark enough. Honeslty, at times it felt like I was reading a shoujo manga. However, there is no guarantee that Anno will do any better, so take these complaints with a grain of salt.

The first few chapters capture almost perfectly what I expect 4.0 to be, and they give me hope for the future of the franchise. The Rest of it is good too, but it's good in that way where if it were its own standalone thing it would be good, but because it's attached to the rest of the fic and, by extention, the rebuilds and NGE it is somewhat deminished.
GeniusJJ chapter 30 . 4/22/2016
This is probably one of the few fanfics that actually embody the emotional feelings that make up Evangelion. Hideaki Anno could potentially take some ideas from this story and apply it to Eva 3.01.0. The only little pet peeve I had was that I felt that Gendo and Fuyutsuki didn't have much presence until the end. I had hoped for more elaboration regarding what the two of them were doing during the course of the plot. In any case, this was a superb fic. Also, if you have the time and inspiration, I am hoping that you could explore the premise of "what would have happened if Shinji hadn't pulled those spears at the end of 3.0?"
jcmoorehead chapter 30 . 4/4/2016
Just finished reading this after being recommended it and really enjoyed the entire thing. It's the first time I've actually read anything in the Rebuild Universe and I felt that given 3.33s ending you've managed to create something is wonderfully true to that universe and the nature of Evangelion in general, really well done on that front.

Rei's journey was really well done in this as was Asuka's. We don't know a lot about Shikinami within Rebuild and her backstory and I felt the way you fleshed her out was very nicely done. Asuka is my favourite character across all of Evangelion so while I do like Shikinami I always wanted to see more of her backstory. I wouldn't mind if her actual backstory was something similar to what you put down here.

Rei on the other hand, you took what we saw from 3.33 and greatly expanded it. The crisis of who she really was was good to read and who she became felt very logical and I enjoyed the journey.
nobodyreallyimportant chapter 30 . 2/29/2016
That was... An exquisite read. I'm so happy with what you've done here.

Thank you, author guy. You really know how to make a good story.
Lovehates833 chapter 5 . 2/24/2016
Asuka and Misato are TOO FUCKING SALTY! Like damn I know all this is was caused by him, but like it's already been said he's not the only one at fault here. Misato is treating both the Rei clone AND Shinji like things, and this bitch Asuka is treating him like a damn dog one second and getting fucking JEALOUS over Rei the next! These bitches needs to learn to have SOME chill, treating the poor guy like shit won't bring back those billions of lost lives smh.