Reviews for The Steps Between Us
suezq chapter 16 . 3/30
no she sounds like a crazy sadistic one would make him kill himself like you have written it salping him yes. warning him off yes. telling him he's a perverted redneck freak and that it's all his falt is crazy and hommophobic. but other than that i love your story.
JuleMaker chapter 29 . 12/20/2015
Even though I know what happens, because this is basically canon except for the Rickyl, my heart still races. This fic is amazing and you're a great writer. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Holly Turner 97 chapter 29 . 12/1/2015
Seriously this is the best walking dead fanfiction I have read. The way you portray daryl and his demons is inspired and I get so excited waiting for the next chapter I've reread it like a billion times. You are an absolutely stunning writer and I can't wait to see how it goes between daryl and merle. Rick's breakdown makes me cry every time. It's so well written. Thank you for being such an amazing writer!
Guest chapter 29 . 11/26/2015
Wow. I just devored your fic. So ready for the next chapter. You really did a great job of getting everyone's voice right. In love with your Daryl! So. Much. Praise! More please!
Saint's Dead Girl chapter 29 . 10/7/2015
2nd I'm soooooooo excited to see how Daryl reacts to the up coming events with Rick and Merle. So please update us all soon
Saint's Dead Girl chapter 29 . 10/7/2015
ok 1st let me say... I love love LOVE this. I happened upon this stories a few days ago and have lost 2 nights of sleep trying to read it all. I haven been pulling at my hair cause of Daryl's self loathing and Lori's crazy bh fits
Koterre chapter 29 . 8/24/2015
I am greatly enjoying your story. I look forward to seeing where you take it next.
sunnydaze125 chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
If you are just starting this story, you are on the right track! It'll hook you right away and keep you wanting more! I can't wait for Chapter 30!
anon chapter 29 . 7/13/2015
wow just discovered this and read it all in one go! hope to read more soon! :)
Hec chapter 12 . 7/1/2015
Just thought I'd let you know that I think your theory about the Walkers (flashes in the brain) is awesome ;)

Oh by the way, I totally loved it when Daryl asks Rick what his favorite flower is. It sounds like him haha. Totally unexpectable and sweet guy he is lol (like the time with chupacabra).
anon chapter 29 . 5/9/2015
so excited to see an update! it was so worth the wait, I loved this chapter and I love this fic! genuinely my favourite Rick/Daryl fic out there.
wildcow258 chapter 29 . 5/9/2015
I was SO excited to see a new chapter of this story! And what a chapter it was. Really gut wrenching- though I'd pretty much expected it, considering where you were in the story and what we're heading into. But still- seeing all of that through Daryl's eyes, and experiencing what he went through in Woodbury, it had my stomach tied in knots. (I fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better, too, since we're coming up to Rick forcing Daryl to choose between him and Merle.) But the scene in this chapter between Daryl and the Governor was so powerful- and yeah, the Gov understands what Daryl's real weakness is, and knew exactly how to exploit it. Good job!
anon chapter 28 . 4/14/2015
only just noticed chapter 28! great chapter loved it!...can't wait to see what's too come, hope you are still writing this :)
kiss316 chapter 28 . 3/10/2015
so nice tofinally come back to this fandom and find some amazing stories with my favorite TWD characters. left for awhile as i was sick of all the daryl/beth fics and while yes they're still there in abundance, i'm finding lots more rick/daryl and even carol/daryl (friendship or romance) than before. i read all 28 chapters of this fic literally over the last 3-4 days and it was definitely worth the ride. i love how you're pacing the progress and steps rick and daryl have to make to reach that final plateau in their relationship, and how slow it is, as i love long chapters in stories just getting lost in the emotions and moments and descriptions. hats off on all that - your way with words and descriptions is beautiful, especially in descriving how daryl feels about rick. there's some really beautifully worded moments with daryla feelings towards rick throughout this fic. also love how you captured everyones voice - especially daryl.

finding it interesting how you ended this chapter, both with their plans to head back up to the towerr after they get maggie and glennn and with daryls story and revelation of how much merle means to him despite knowing his brother is a douchebag. considering you're followingthe canon of season 3 and we know what awaits rick daryl oscar michonne - especially daryl - when they reach woodbury. definitely a fan here, well done!
anon chapter 28 . 3/5/2015
yay! so glad to see an update! great chapter loved Daryl talking to Rick about Merle.