Reviews for The Steps Between Us
anon chapter 28 . 4/14
only just noticed chapter 28! great chapter loved it!...can't wait to see what's too come, hope you are still writing this :)
kiss316 chapter 28 . 3/10
so nice tofinally come back to this fandom and find some amazing stories with my favorite TWD characters. left for awhile as i was sick of all the daryl/beth fics and while yes they're still there in abundance, i'm finding lots more rick/daryl and even carol/daryl (friendship or romance) than before. i read all 28 chapters of this fic literally over the last 3-4 days and it was definitely worth the ride. i love how you're pacing the progress and steps rick and daryl have to make to reach that final plateau in their relationship, and how slow it is, as i love long chapters in stories just getting lost in the emotions and moments and descriptions. hats off on all that - your way with words and descriptions is beautiful, especially in descriving how daryl feels about rick. there's some really beautifully worded moments with daryla feelings towards rick throughout this fic. also love how you captured everyones voice - especially daryl.

finding it interesting how you ended this chapter, both with their plans to head back up to the towerr after they get maggie and glennn and with daryls story and revelation of how much merle means to him despite knowing his brother is a douchebag. considering you're followingthe canon of season 3 and we know what awaits rick daryl oscar michonne - especially daryl - when they reach woodbury. definitely a fan here, well done!
anon chapter 28 . 3/5
yay! so glad to see an update! great chapter loved Daryl talking to Rick about Merle.
wildcow258 chapter 28 . 3/5
I was so happy to see another chapter of this story! And glad to see that things are improving, if just a little bit. Rick is still fragile, but at least he's aware of who he is, and who Daryl is, again. The story Daryl told him about Merle illustrated how important he and Merle are to each other. Daryl feels he owes Merle, and also realizes how much Merle depends on him. I can't help thinking this is foreshadowing what's coming up in the next couple of chapters. I'm assuming they're going to meet up with Merle again at Woodbury, and I can't help wondering if Rick is going to get that time in the tower with Daryl he asked for, and what it will mean for each of them if he doesn't.
chloe chapter 27 . 2/22
hope there's more of this fic to come! love it so much I just read it from the start all over again, can't wait to read more
abi chapter 27 . 2/9
hope there will be an update soon! love this fic
lolliepop476 chapter 27 . 2/4
This is so good! Now Rick just needs to get his crap together and let Daryl, Judith, Carl,and him be a happy family. This is by far one of the best fanfictions I have ever read! Update soon!
amy chapter 27 . 1/25
Love this fic, every chapter has been brilliant! can't wait to read more
ashladh chapter 18 . 1/13
So I was loving it up to this chapter. Too much merle. I skipped nearly all. I realize it's. Supposed to show the chaos of Daryl's mind but that's been illustrated pretty well before. Also the whole 'Someone walks in just as something about to happen' thing is kind of overused. I find this whole chapter poor in terms of planning. And it was so amazing before.
guest chapter 27 . 1/10
Can't wait to read more of this it's my favourite rick/daryl fic, you are a very talented writer!
Jax30 chapter 11 . 1/4
I love this so much! great writing. What a tremendous talent you are!
guest chapter 27 . 1/3
amazing fic, love it!
yugiyamisex4eva chapter 8 . 1/4
I hate that daryl has to go through something like this but at the same time he is such a sweet person
yugiyamisex4eva chapter 7 . 1/4
oh man this is good
poor daryl its not right he had to go through this
yugiyamisex4eva chapter 6 . 1/4
I really dislike lori
I love how daryl is like a kid with an attention span problem always have to keep busy