Reviews for The Long Road
GASP chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
WTF HOW IS THIS SO AWESOME!?
Sirius Potter2 chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
Excellent couple of updates it will be a good mix to have Gohan train for a year with Piccolo and a year with Goku.
Full Power chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
What a fun chapter. Gohan made me laugh with a couple of his lines, mainly the one to Piccolo about babe. That was pretty funny. Nice moment at the end with Piccolo praising Gohan. I love their relationship in canon, so seeing a different version here is cool. Question - How similar is Goku and Vegeta's relationship in this fic to what it is in canon? Just something I was wondering. Nice chapter, man.
Luke chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
I admit I didn't see Gohan having such a problem going into the chamber with Goku...again you add depth to your characters that most authors wouldn't (couldn't) even consider. Good job!
KaosMoshpit chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
Question, if gohan was with cooler than who trained future trunks in his timeline because without training future trunks much like the gohan in this story would be alot weaker. And also great chapter cant wait for gohan's fight with vegeta
Eveline chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
Loved it! Poor Chi Chi I think she's always going to have this fear that one day her son may not come back, and I understand completly why Gohan doesn't want to train with Goku, you said yourself that they are too opposite of one another, but I hope that one day they can at least understand and respect each 't wait to see Gohan fight Vegeta! update as soon as you can, please!
low on inspiration chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
Just read through this, and gotta say it's one of the best 'Gohan successfully taken by Raditz' stories I've read. You write very well and your attention to detail is great and adds a lot to your work. You write both the action and emotional aspects of the story proficiently. You honestly had me crying with more than one of your Gohan and Chi-Chi scenes. I like how you switch POVs a lot; you write all of the different characters well and in-character, and you're able to give the reader a clear understanding of why the characters feel things the way they do and why they do the things they do. I'm really, really enjoying this story and I'm excited to see where it goes!
Ky111 chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
Great chapter and looking forward to how the training will go with Piccolo, also will be interesting when Gohan is forced to go back in with Goku (assuming they can make him that is). Also the inevitable conflict with Chi Chi first when she finds out there is no girlfriend and when she learns she can't make Gohan go to school (not to mention there is no way Gohan would know how to act around others plus he wouldn't hide who he is or what he can do, plus Chi Chi is going to have to learn Gohan is never going to be the way she always hoped and she can't undo the past by sending him to school).

Until the next one and looking forward to the inevitable fight against Vegeta and if Gohan has 2 full years training in the HBTC, he'll be able to give Vegeta one hell of a fight with all his experience in combat and now the training to refine his skill and technique, also the fact his power will be substantially stronger.
Wild-Dog84 chapter 9 . 8/4/2013
Man, I didn't think I would laugh in this story. I love Gohan's sense of humor. Please oh PLEASE if Gohan meets Hercule let Gohan put him in his place! Because I'm sure after the 'F*ck N' Run' Videl is pregnant.

I fucking HATE Hercule with a passion!
AlphaShenron chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
One thing: Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
Aquestra chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Do I sense a few days in the hyperbolic time chamber coming up? :O This story is awesome! I'm stoked too see Gohan and Vegeta face off, although a part of me is sad since I was hoping they'd end up friends.

Keep it up! Can't wait for the next chapter :)
Luke chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Another day...another amazing awesome chapter!

Can hardly wait to see what Goku's plan is...I'll even try to guess it for fun.

I think the following are possible:

1. Goku trains Gohan in the hyperbolic time chamber...would do the trick, but would Goku want to remove Gohan's contact with Earth for a whole year (or two)? Probably not...but possible. Would certainly allow for some bonding time between father/son.

2. Goku beats Gohan to near death over and over and over again, using Dende (or beans) to heal him zenkai power ups. How likely is this? Near 0% probability.

3. ...the remaining possibilities involve 'mystic power ups', 'wishes', 'fusions'...all of which I think are about 0% probable. They don't know about Elder Kai's power up. They wouldn't waste a wish on something like this. And I don't think they know about fusion yet...

Okay, I therefore am officially guessing that Gohan and Goku are going to spend some time in the time chamber!
Full Power chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Attitude Adjustment? What a boss title. Hey Vegeta, maybe you could take something from Drak and Cell here.

Vegeta: Attitude Adjustment? Why the fu-wait, Cell? He's here? Mineminemineminemineminemineminemineminemineminemi neminemine...

Anyways...nice chapter yet again. Vegeta is awesome, I love Vegeta. Your portrayal of Vegeta is awesome...not gonna lie. Vegeta or Piccolo...who do I like in this fic more? I don't know, honestly, since I like them both! Lol Goku is being Goku...wonderful. How long until he leaves his family? I like your portrayal of him, at first I was like something seems off but now I like him XD Can't wait for the next one!

Vegeta: Mine.
Eveline chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Loved it! Picollo and Gohan's conversation made me laugh. I Wonder How will Gohan react when Videl shows up pregnant , I imagine he will be quite shocked. Is Goku going to train with Gohan in the hyperbolic time chamber? That's the only way I can think on that will put Gohan's power on the same level as Vegeta's, but Gohan has a powerful hidden power , so I believe that Goku's plan is going to work. Update as soon as you can , please!
Syn'ri chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
This story is the best non-Goku/Chi-Chi I have ever read. This story is so phenomenal that I risked misspelling the word phenomenal in order to tell you how phenomenal this story is. The character development is out of this world, and the concept is so fresh. My first time seeing this type of plot.

Have to say I love Gohan's character? But please don't rush his relationships. I know he still has some of the old him inside of him, but he has been through freaking HELL. I mean freaking HELL!

I really hope you focus on his family relationships before introducing Videl too consistently. I know she is going to play a big role because you focus on her quite a bit, but please establish his other relationships more thoroughly first.

Then, Gohan's relationship with Goku, I still cannot believe he seriously ALMOST killed Gohan. The fact he almost killed Gohan still surprises me. It just doesn't seem Goku like. I guess the explanation he was pushed so far by the other villains is a good one, but I don't think that was why he wanted to kill Gohan. Goku has very strong convictions, and he rarely ever compromises those. So the fact he almost compromised this time, I think there is more to it.

Gohan has been through hell, and the only one who sincerely seems to get it is Chi-Chi. Goku must remember, he almost turned out like Gohan and Vegeta too.
2,651 | « Prev Page 1 .. 164 171 172 173 174 175 176 .. Last Next »