Reviews for The Long Road
0 Jordinio 0 chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Was hoping for Gohan to call Vegeta out a bit more. It seems to me that Vegeta is just a jealous little twerp. Vegeta's power level after working under Frieza for over 20 years was like 18, 000. And Gohan's was what? did you say like 15 million?

Still, I wouldn't say Gohan is very far behind them in terms of power. When Goku first became a Super Saiyain, his normal forms power level was around 1 million. Where as Gohan's in normal form is like 15 million. Which would make gohan like 15x stronger as a super saiyan than Goku was when he fought Frieza. Logically speaking anyway.

Even if Vegeta is a bit stronger, and more skilled. Gohan could still take him out with a condensed ki blast. Like the final flash or Kamehameha.

Is Buu gonna make an appearance here? And what about Cooler? I'd think Gohan would have mixed feelings about him. Considering, unlike Frieza, Cooler did atleast hold a small fraction of affection for Gohan and made him his right hand man, putting his trust in him.

Considering that everyone but Chi-Chi has left a bad impression on Gohan, I'm sure it would be a tough decision for Gohan to decide who to side with.
Ky111 chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
Great chapter and it's clear Gohan really didn't think his actions through when he was venting his frustrations (though when one is frustrated or angry one doesn't tend to think things through to clearly).

Until the next one.
Luke chapter 7 . 7/22/2013
I imagine Pan is on her way a little earlier this time 'round. Well, Gohan does seem to be getting 'better'...
Aquestra chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
Great chapter, and I'm so happy Piccolo and Gohan are going to have a relationship! Like unbelievably happy. I really didn't expect Vegeta and Gohan to be at such odds, but it totally makes sense Vegeta would see Gohan as a traitor considering how much he tried to piss off Frieza. It's awesome how you thought of that! I also thought it was great how, as Piccolo mentioned, Gohan is still a mama's boy. It's like the Gohan we know is still kind of there! I'm very interested to see how you continue things with Videl, should be entertaining. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Oh I did have a question though, will you ever detail how the Cell games unfolded without Gohan there? Just wondering because I know that was a big turning point for the Vegeta/Gohan relationship in Canon (or did you already explain and I just don't remember :P)
Eveline chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
Another amazing chapter! I loved the fact that Gohan and Piccolo are getting along, hopefully they will be able to become friends in the future! and Gohan and Videl's meeting was very funny in my opinion. Is Turles still alive? the way Gohan talks about him, it seems they were very close.I'm curious to know if someone of Gohan's past will come back to look for soon, please!
KaosMoshpit chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
Wow I hope that chi-chi winds up sending gohan to school that will be a hell of an expiriance especially when he see's videl again
Ky111 chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
Great chapter and interesting turn of events. It's also interesting that even in an alternate reality Piccolo still becomes Gohan's mentor and I'm sure Gohan will learn a lot about becoming an actual fighter learning skill and technique and not relying on having superior power and who knows while training with Piccolo Gohan's mind set might start to change a bit as well as he learns new skills.

Until the next one.
Sirius potter2 chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
Great chapter man!
Aquestra chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
Awesome way to introduce Vegeta to Gohan. Really great story so far and you are keeping the everyone in character very well - even Goku, who always seems to take his duty as defender of earth before his family. I'm just really hoping Gohan and Piccolo end up friends (y)
Aquestra chapter 4 . 7/18/2013
This was awesome. I loved seeing a Chi-Chi that wasn't completely crazy. I also really like the fact that Goku is with his family instead of off on some adventure, as if Gohan being gone almost grounded him to home incase he came back. I can't wait to see how you include Goten!

Awesome stuff, Can't wait to read the rest!
Full Power chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
Awesome chapter, bro, really liked it. Goku's anguish early on was perfectly written, and it's a good example of how when awful things happen, it can change us, sometimes for better or for worse. It's like if you get betrayed and then you can't trust anyone ever again...but I digress.

"Hey, you two." Piccolo finally said from the side. "If this homicidal saiyan family ritual is over, we aren't done training yet." Lol. Something about that was extremely funny, probably because I could imagine Piccolo saying it so smugly.

Oh hey look, a Vegeta sighting, I love Vegeta, I wonder if his characterization in this story will be any different.

Thanks for the clarification in the Q&A, I appreciate it. It makes sense though...and it is easy to become a Super Saiyan! Look at Goten! :P

Nice chapter bro can't wait for the next one.
Aizou chapter 6 . 7/16/2013
Very well written, good character development and a very promising storyline. I think you've done Gohan's slow change of character very well and I think all the emotions portrayed are very realistic. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this one!
Wild-Dog84 chapter 6 . 7/14/2013
This story is very interesting. I love it. To tell you the truth the moment I saw how Gohan was I terribly anticipated the meeting of Gohan and Vegeta. The reaction was unexpected, but definitely satisfactory. Also, maybe Broly should be the final boss instead of Buu. Actually just get rid of buu altogether.

Also I would rather this be a solely focuses on Gohan story rather than having him paired with Videl. It just seems forced and predictable.

"Bad/evil villian/antagonist begins to regret his decisions after being affected by understanding/nice girl. Through her he seeks redemption."

See how boring that sounds? I would rather Gohan face the road redemption alone, if he even chooses to, rather than having a girl help him see the light.
Sirius Potter2 chapter 6 . 7/14/2013
Love this story, I am a bit bummed that Vegeta views Gohan as a traitor, I was hoping they would have a good relationship. Curious to find out what Member of the board and COO stand for now.
Eveline chapter 6 . 7/14/2013
Once again another amazing chapter! Thank you very much for your explanation about Gokus actions.I already knew that Gohan has a long road ahead of him and that it was going to be very diffcult for Goku to accept and understand his son, but his actions really pissed me off. Im very curious to know what is the meaning of those terms that Vegeta mentioned? I think Vegeta forgot that Gohan doesnt knowthe truth about Planet Vegetas are a amazing writter and I look forward to the next chapters of this soon, please!
2,651 | « Prev Page 1 .. 165 172 173 174 175 176 .. Last Next »