Reviews for The Long Road
sekhelmet chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
Thanks for not discontinuing I look forward to these chapters even if they are months apart I get excited to read them.
Heseltine chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
What a beautiful chapter, I really love these human interactions you create in your stories that just bring a sense of reality to the world you’ve created. In regards to your Authors notes as long as you keep updating I’ll keep reading whether it takes a week to update or a year, hopefully the former haha but i do understand your mindset on how it affects you personally and during this year where so much negativity and demoralising events have happened to everyone that you wouldn’t want to keep yourself in that mindset.

See you in the next chapter :)
CuriousMonkeyBoi chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
I am over the moon, I've been following the long road for years! This is an amazing DBZ story and I dont care how long it takes. It's always a delight to see an update in my inbox. End the story when you want to, and take as long as you need to keep a healthy headspace.
KagariAsuha chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
Imagine my surprise when I woke up and saw the notice for chapter 80 in my inbox. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure. I totally get what you mean about this year just being an absolute wash so I feel you there. We wouldn't want you writing this story if your heart's not fully into it, now would we.

That said, I am glad to see you've managed to at least get something out before we hit the new year. This story has always been a place of comfort reading for me, believe it or not. Love Gohan but as bad as he is a person in The Long Road, he still keeps it interesting. You've a rare quality in that type of writing, it's a bit infectious in that way.

As for the chapter itself, well Gohan's a right mess now isn't he. More so that usual, but I guess that'll happen when your soul is essentially "lost" for half a million years eh? I'll be curious to see how you handle him going forward since it looks like he's got yet another conflict to overcome on top of everything else that's looming out in the universe.

It's interesting you had Videl of all characters be the first person he came in contact with, the one person who probably hates him the most. For her to help him even just that little bit shows us that she's ultimately a better person than he is, and clearly he knows at least that much. But like someone else said, I hope this doesn't mean that she's going to automatically forgive him or anything like that. Gohan is still the same person despite being forced into another bad situation. It doesn't undo what he did before and you've done well to keep it that way.

The big question mark is how Gohan will continue to unravel in the face of his father and everyone else from here on out. His return has been a long time coming both in universe and out, and I'm really keen on where you go next.

Stay safe and hopefully things will get better for you and all of us in these rough times.
narelclollie chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
great chapter I appreciate all your work in the story take your time don't rush hope you feel better and thank you for the update
ThePowerfullKira chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
oh what a welcome surprised. i loved the chapter but now i feel bad putting for putting you into that head space.
sigmakleim chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
Wooow an update! It’s been a while, good to see you here again. I really enjoyed the chapter even though I expected at least Goku to show up. Gohan could use him right about now. The scene with Videl was interesting but I hope she’s not going to get over what he did just like that. What Gohan did is really unforgivable.

Anyway this is an interesting direction, I know things are difficult out there but I hope you’ll have the time to update again soon.
NotASaiyan chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
This chapter was sooooo good and sooooo needed. I love your stories keep it up man
Crazy Jam1e chapter 79 . 11/24/2020
He's back, aww I'm so looking forward to this.
Blades of Fury chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
I hope Videl and Gohan can find peace. I realized for a while that Gohan and Videl are probably not gonna end up with anyone especially each other. Or if they do it's probably gonna happen after this story is finished.

But I really hope there's a happy ending for them. Maybe they'll at least build a better relationship with their daughter and respective families.
Perfect Carnage chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
Sweet moment between Gohan and Videl. I didn't think he'd personally experienced all that time alone either.

Take all the time you need to get back on solid feet friend, a little hiatus won't hurt us.
Angryshadow04 chapter 80 . 11/24/2020
Damn only 6000 word and this chapter still have be goosebumps at how depressed and changed Gohan seems. You’ve mentioned him being gone for thousands of years in a not so physical Star with only Whis to talk to.

This could have many implications for his character growth which Gohan possibly being better than before (attitude) but even less willing to fight.

In terms of your problems I’m fine with less frequent updates if it helps with your mental health and for recommendation on how to really sell a character after what Gohan went through I recommend you read “Death” a My hero academia fanfic that does really well at handling mental health.

Overall this chapter seems like the perfect way to reintroduce is to these character and now I may have to reread at least the Janemba fight cuz holy shit that was a clusterfuck.

Good chapter 69/10
FalseLuck chapter 62 . 11/22/2020
I really liked the first 40 or so chapters but it's starting to unravel. This is specifically why I avoid stories that have multiple POVs. The author went from switching between gohan, goku, Vegeta and chi-chi, to including piccolo, video, and trunks. (Along with whatever antagonist in the arc) now the arc has 3 main antagonists, 1 to 4 background antagonists, an upcoming antagonist, plus about 6 sub antagonists. It's just too much.
Bonsim chapter 79 . 11/22/2020
Hey, I've been following this story for years and years, and it was a major reason for me to get back into fanfiction as a whole. I think I reviewed some mid chapters a couple years back under a different account but I have yet to say anything on here. So yeah, I just want to express how bloody much I'm missing this fic. Your last update was in Jan 2020, and I'm not saying Covid came around in chaotic response to missing out on this story but it's pretty suspect ;)

I noticed you posted another chapter for The Catalyst today and whilst that isn't my cuppa I really do appreciate the art you're putting out there. The big brain energy of both of these fics is totally inspiring. I absolutely adore your ballsiness when writing about some of the tougher subjects you explore. Videl in this story has been such a trip and that fact that you're not shying away from what Gohan did to her is brilliant. The ownership of his sins and all his wrongs has kept me hooked; hoping, praying, willing him to do the right thing. This... *sigh* long road for him has me on the edge of my seat, cheering him on.
Your OCs have been as equally as addictive (Junia is top gal). I adored your last saga, before HFIL, in particular because the dynamic between all the characters felt really raw and realistic, and Gohan being thrown in the middle of that was great. In fact, your Gohan is just great. He's great. He's awful, and broken, and tragic... and just great.
The weight of this entire fic is incredible, and even explaining it just has me looking like a convoluted nob head because it's just that complicated and beautifully woven; especially so with the most recent Janemba scenes. Easily, it's one of the best ways I've ever seen Janema handled.

Also, I need to say that reading The Great Saiyaman part of your last chapter was the most difficult piece of reading I've ever consumed, haha. Totally so out of place for me after reading about your Gohan for so long. I love it.

So yeah, mate, thanks for this masterpiece. I appreciate that you're focussing on your other baby right now, but know that we're all eagerly excited to have you back this way as well.

Cheers, and be safe!
Guest chapter 26 . 11/11/2020
This chapter makes no sense if the y healed gohan with the dragon balls then why does he still have pain from lingering injuries.
2,651 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »