Reviews for Diversions
Missyhissy3 chapter 9 . 4/4/2014
I wondered if you'd written anything with a JC focus, and then I found this...This was really enjoyable all round. I particularly liked your dialogue sections; I thought they worked really well for all the characters you chose to focus on.
hester4418 chapter 9 . 10/16/2013
I've been meaning to read this for a while and finally got around to it. I really liked the mood you set - an Earth-like planet, fuelling hope, but also out of bounds for the most part; and that coupled with the recent disappointment -; it served well to explain Kathryn's melancholic feelings. There were also lots of small observations about various crewmembers along the way which I appreciated for the detailed look at their personalities. The Edinburgh setting was nice, too. Best of all was, of course, the kiss. The way it happened - unexpected but welcome - was just lovely.
Finally, the triptych comment was priceless! ;-)

I'd love to see a follow-up for this story (defying "Night"!)...
skadoo chapter 9 . 9/20/2013
Wonderfully written. I loved this. A bit 'sad' since the episode Night takes place after this and we all know where J/C went from there. Thanks for writing.
pumpkin314159 chapter 9 . 8/31/2013
Very well done.
Kerry J chapter 9 . 7/6/2013
Such a shame to think that right after this hopeful end, they would encounter the Void. :-(

But what a great story this was. Very enjoyable and very well written. I loved the early hints of Janeway's depression beginning, the hints to what's B'Elanna doing on the holodeck (because I found that was treated in a rather sudden way in the show). Basically I enjoyed it all - everybody was so in character. Hogmanay in Edinburgh was such a great idea of Tom's too!
LynnEGib chapter 9 . 7/2/2013
Sleep with C
Alpha Flyer chapter 9 . 6/29/2013
Finally found time to read this! Fabulous writing - clear yet resonant, true to the characters, and full of nuance. The P/Ter in me loved the way you drew in that relationship, despite your focus being elsewhere; the command team's speculation whether it would last and the confidence that it would, set against the beginnings of B'Elanna's spiralling into self-destruction. Subtlety not often found in fan fic.

And lines like these, providing texture and humour: "It couldn't be that serious or Seven would already have summoned the captain down to the lab." "Chakotay knew he wouldn't be comfortable either in such company [Starfleet brass] and not just because they'd likely have him arrested." "Maybe we can reduce his dependence on leola root."

Lovely work.
JamieRobs chapter 8 . 6/18/2013
I really enjoyed this story! You have captured their voices perfectly & kept them in character while managing to make my heart beat a little faster with that lovely kiss. I love j/c scenes like that with them talking, bonding & flirting. I can really feel the intensity between them when it's done well, and this was! And I absolutlely LOVED the epilogue! I actually went & watched Hope & Fear because it had been awhile and I enjoyed it all the more. Thanks to my pal Rascal for the heads up :)
Rascal207 chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
Well done! I sat down with this tonight after what has been a very long and hectic day. I needed something to unwind with and this was perfect!
Congratulations on your first posted story and I hope you write and post more, for you have a knack for it, obviously.
KJaneway115 chapter 9 . 6/17/2013
I really enjoyed this. You did a great job of capturing the characters, especially Seven and Chakotay. Also I thought the foreshadowing of what is about to happen with B'Elanna was very well done. The scene with J and C in his quarters was lovely and believable - it just makes me sad to imagine that "Night" is the next thing that happens...
mabb5 chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
Nice leisurely day in the life kind of story. Well paced, and nicely written. Please write more.
e.bln chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
This is a very beautifully written story - nothing overdramatic, adequately slow-paced and very rich of details. Thanks for sharing!
Mary S chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
I really like this 'slice-of-life' way of telling a story. No dramatics, no heroics but you keep them completely in character and it works really well.

Thanks for sharing.
Jordan Trevor chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
What a nice hobby - having dinner with Chakotay! And what a good New Year's resolution - every Sunday night!
Delwin chapter 9 . 6/13/2013
Very nicely written! I don't venture into J/C stories often but was curious as I've seen all your excellent posts over in the VAMB forums. You found each character's voice beautifully and gave depth and background to complications that are otherwise thrown haphazardly at the audience as Season 5 opens. Quite a nice "Diversion" indeed! I look forward to reading more of your work :)