Reviews for Warriors Way
Belcris chapter 22 . 5/17
A wonderful story that proves once and for all that you can take canon and make it something new and original.

Thank you!

Chris :)
Andrew chapter 1 . 4/26
This is honestly one of the top 10 stories I have read on over the past decade of reading on this wonderful site. You managed to not only male a harem story tactful, but also romantic. All while including serious moments and we'll thought out combat. You should fairly advanced knowledge of tactics and over all it shows you put much thought and research into this. Other than a couple small errors such as when bleeding from arteries is actually bright red blood and darker blood that is thicker means you are bleeding from a vein, or a couple grammar errors this story was truly spectacular. I am not an actual author on here despite my love of writing because I hope to actually publish my own book one day and don't want to "piggyback" other stories. However if you ever need need a Beta reader or someone to bounce ideas off of then I would be glad to help. If you want to get ahold of me, my email is . I look forward to reading some of your other stories and expect to see some great writing from you again.
iMTheStormKing chapter 22 . 4/12
Amazing fic.. I loved it.
duskrider chapter 22 . 3/27
Nice job with this.
Mark Adams chapter 22 . 3/4
O well done..
I just read your story is mostly 1 sitting... I LOVE it.. Minato is finally the badass instead of being so wimpy. I think it is great.. Just the the change in Minato really pushed the rest of the story in a better direction from the original...
GreenAlien123 chapter 3 . 2/21
Getting rid of the MBI cards makes more problems than it is worth. It works for Matsu because she has gone into hiding, but if you stroll around openly like Minato does, you might as well keep them for most casual expenses and build up your war chest for secret investments or an actual need.
mordreek chapter 22 . 2/11
I loved it. From a Minato that actually had a freaking spine and competance, to Asuki's subtle but deep emotions, it was brilliantly told.

I was uncertain about how you wrote Musubi at first, mostly because this is the 1st Sekirei story that did NOT have her acting intimately with him if he wasn't monogamous to one of the others. But not only did it make sense, you provided a valid framework for the reason that was built on in later chapters going into detail about the Sekirei development cycle.

Tsukiumi in your story is what she should have been in the story, less of a spoiled princess and much more a valiant heroine. Her bonding to Minato made her determination to be his wife much more logical than what they did in the series.

Your ideas for the tracking devices and MBI cards were beautiful and added a real sense of danger to the lotus offerings Minaka was handing out.

Minato's war background was very interesting and entirely believable within the scope of the story. I also like how he wasn't burned out by the war, as some writers seem to love making any veteran of ANY conflict. He had been thrust into war, survived it, and taken what he learned and built on it. I also like how you gave enough details to provide a reasonably clear picture of what happened to him and what made him turn, but you didn't spell it out, leaving it to the reader to decide for themselves.

I also appreciate Minato's independence of the Izumo house, lovely as it is, so that the last fig leaf preventing any consummation of his feelings was no longer in effect. I get that it is not a hentai and that you don't need to be explicit or graphic about everything, but there are ways around it without turning your hero into either a bumbling eunuch, or someone who acts and to an extent, looks like he just hit puberty. You did it right, your lemony moments were sweet lemonade and generally added to the story progression if not the characters the boinking they clearly had earned.

I appreciate how you changed the story regarding Higa, Uzume, and Yukari. That was part of the manga that really left a bad taste in my mouth. I understand they were trying to add a grimdark element to it, keep it from being too unbelievably light and fluffy, but they botched it in my opinion. Your "war of the North and East" was a fantastic story arc with an immensely satisfying conclusion.

One thing I liked in particular was your balance of mercy and ruthlessness, allowing the victims of Higa's abominable behavior and misdeeds to recover, while using the thuggish Sekirei that helped in those deeds as red shirts to provide the example of how serious and merciless combat can be. This is something that recent anime seems to have trouble balancing as well, you either have shows where combat is so farcical that it looses all meaning and impact (badum tish) such as Dragon Ball Z or you have shows like Van Helsing, which drown you is so much gore, violence, and rabid expressions, that you can quickly become bored. (Van Helsing is still awesome though)

Love you take on Minaka and his level of...well, insanity. I don't know about anyone else but I found his death to be quite satisfying. He made an excellent villain as the story went on, adding layers and layers of madness and depravity that would have Caligula himself raising an eyebrow in shock.

The family dynamics of Minato's growing family were soooo much more healthy than in the story. With Ku firmly seated as the daughter and Musubi as the sister, it allowed much more healthy interactions between everyone. Plus the teasing and suggestive hints between Uzume, Chiho, and Minato were hilarious to read. All in all, they were a less of a harem (despite Matsu's best efforts, ku ku ku) and more of a clan of people fiercely devoted to each other.

Himura and the way he was written in your story adds credence to the previous statement/paragraph. I know Sekirei was playing on the ambiguity of his nature and all, but I enjoyed yours much more, as he was much less forced than the canon one.

I also got a huge kick out of the Red vs Blue references sprinkled throughout the story. Towards the end they started to break the story flow but I think you recovered and reincorporated them rather well.

That covers most of my review, and I completely understand why you would leave it as it is. You ended the story very neatly while still leaving room for imagination afterwards. I had a huge blast reading this and I will not be pressing the x button as I fully intend to reread this, multiple times probably, and cannot thank you enough for the hard work and creativity you have shared here. I would like to try my hand at writing a story in this universe some time in the future once my current project is done, but I honestly doubt it will surpass or equal what I have read here or elsewhere. Then again, who says it has to follow canon kukukuku :P
hainbane chapter 8 . 2/4
He killed yomi easily. Why spare such a dangereous foe?
RandomFreezingfan123 chapter 9 . 1/25
ill just say this Minato's getting more ass than a toilet seat
GenetiX23 chapter 14 . 12/23/2014
Oh thank god, homura's still a dude.
GenetiX23 chapter 7 . 12/23/2014
Okay, Kagari and Yukari is too amazing to not happen.
Sir Omega chapter 2 . 12/20/2014
A spatha is a Roman CAVALRY sword. The Gladius is the iconic infantry sword.
Agent of the Divine One chapter 20 . 12/13/2014
Good work with the trial. And a good tactic on Minato's part. It will severely undermine Minaka's plans to have an entire gender plus men with a moral compass allied against him.

As for the ending reference I did so love the antics of Adam West and Burt Ward. The best part was that Adam was trying to play it serious which just made it that much more hilarious. The most serious Batman of all. :D
Ninja4hir3 chapter 22 . 11/30/2014
This is the first Sekirei fanfiction I have read that was actually finished. Liked most of it, especially the hard hitting tactics used by Minato. I was a little irritated by how much he hated his mother for "not doing anything" to stop the Sekirei plan. I understood his frustration with her job parenting, or lack there of, but her demise showed why she couldn't really have done anything even if she tried.
Mujun chapter 22 . 11/14/2014
Really good story, and as 3-dimensional as all of yours. I always thought everyone just bowing down to minaka's plan had to be a form of plot armor and I enjoyed reading a story where you destroyed his control. As always for your stuff the romance was exceedingly well done and balanced well with the family dynamic, I enjoy the way you explore relationships instead of just declaring them into being. It makes them much more believable. The constant red vs blue references nearly killed me from laughter by the way. :)