Reviews for Ficlets
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
The rose motif is very beautiful, and an interesting metaphor to use as well. Particularly since Ginny really is like a rose: beautiful but sharp. The earth and darkness were a nice touch as well; that’s three elements that merge together quite nicely, especially since they’re all related to darkness in one way or another (DF reference ).

The bits in the brackets were nice as well, showing what Ginny thought without explicitly having her in the scene. I found though that the lack of capitals in general was really odd, particularly since you’re still utilising commas and fullstops and all that, and you have a name – or two names really.

[, clearer then ever ] – clearer “than” ever. And you’ve got a hyphen instead of a dash in the second brackets.

That ending was a very nice conclusion.
yellow 14 chapter 3 . 7/31/2013
Nice little piece. Keep updating
HedwigBlack chapter 3 . 7/31/2013
I like the style of this with the lack of capitals and the parentheses. It works for drabbles like this. I love how malfoy manor isn't a place where he can be happy, that he doesn't associate it with Ginny. And the only thing left being the thorns and not the roses is beautiful.
His state of mind here is so defeated and you portray that wonderfully. And it makes sense that he'd be very upset over failing /again/ after all the times he screwed up before. And being left alone in the end is quite tragic. This is beautifully written though. Nice job! :D
percychased chapter 2 . 7/21/2013
That end was surely surprising! This was neat, and I don't think I've ever seen the Ginny-goes-insane thing done before, so good job with that! :) And it definitely fit in with the category nicely. Good luck in the competition! (:
Uni Shall Not Sink chapter 2 . 7/19/2013
This was interesting but really confusing, what was the spell he used? How did Tom get in her brain? What was going on?

Herbolgy - A

Extra Prompts - /
Implicating OC students - /
Total - 65/100
silver-nightstorm chapter 2 . 6/24/2013
Oh, absolutely fantastic! You do a great job building up the suspense and keeping the tension high. At first I thought it could be a Muggle AU where Ginny was crazy, but this was well done too. I like how you keep Draco in character despite his profession as a (supposedly calm) healer - well done there. I'm a bit confused as to how he saw Tom Riddle in Ginny's brain *exactly* but since it's a tiny oneshot I'm willing to suspend my disbelief and be all "OMG Holy**** that's so insane and scary and cool" XD But yes, fantastic job with the suspense here. Well done!
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 2 . 6/24/2013
Wow! I most certainly didn't expect THAT ending. I guess maybe he would see her in most vulnerable state, but didn't expect it. I definitely want to know more about it though. Maybe you can write more or pm. :) Also, I liked the way you wrote it, Malfoy's irritation with Piper was funny. Lol. Overall a decent read! :)
HedwigBlack chapter 2 . 6/21/2013
I love Drinny so much. And I love the different scenarios that you can write with them. Healer!Draco is an interesting idea. The way he kind of snaps at Piper and expects to be treated with authority is so very Draco-like. I also love broken!Ginny. The bit with Tom at the end was a lovely twist. I really think that the incident in CoS really would have a lasting effect on Ginny which I don't think gets explored enough in fanfic. Nice job with this! :D
yellow 14 chapter 2 . 6/18/2013
Fearsome indeed. Keep updating
through tempests chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This is quite interesting.
While I'm not that big of a fan of ginny/draco, I think this is a good take of this event. I think what would make this piece better, would be to make it longer/add more of descriptions of how Draco is acting, such as body language. I think that would improve the readers understanding of why Ginny feels compelled to him.

Just a couple small things: I think the comma in the last sentence is unnecessary and also, it might make a little more sense in this sentence:

Hate, anger, irritation, agony, pity, hell, even attraction.

To add an "and" after pity, because I read "hell" as part of the list of emotions and had to go back a second to fix how I read it.

However, this is very delightful and I particularly liked how this scene seemed to be an important part of their relationships. It makes me wonder what happens to them after this.

Wonderful work!
Lia
FreeSpiritSeeker chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Always felt kind of bad for Draco, knowing how terrified he was of failing. Nice job on this. :)