Reviews for Books and Cleverness
NarutosBrat chapter 11 . 7/15
You know, checking out Fairy Tales, to see for myself if I wanted to read it, I almost completely ignored this one in favor of it. I can see exactly why you recommended it. That story was like, next level good.
NarutosBrat chapter 8 . 7/14
I don't know, I think Emma Watson is a good pick for Hermione. Emma without make-up is what I think more encompasses Hermione's looks while what we saw in the movies is more like what she looked like at the Yule Ball, and when she dolled up.

Also, I'm surprised you didn't mention Alan Rickman as not being Snape, despite him playing that role to a T. Rickman is much better looking that what's given as Snape's description.
NarutosBrat chapter 4 . 7/14
I think that the reason why galleons were only 5-1 on the pound, is because just like with everything else, the magical world doesn't really keep up with Muggle currency, so they're probably operating under financial ideals older than Dumbledore.

Yeah, Hagrid's actions, and what he said were very suspicious; and they most certainly did not put Dumbledore in a positive light.
RHJunior chapter 15 . 5/26
2014/01/15/erased-by-time-and-blockbusters-the-cautionary-tale-of-ron-weasley/

TL;DR fanboys have forgotten the brave, loyal Ron Weasely of the books- because he's been drowned out by the cowardly idiot of the movies.

In the books, Ron was the one who kept a level head in a crisis, and he had many moments of honor, loyalty and bravery. They took all Ron's best moments- and gave them to Hermione to give her more screentime and "grrrl power." Rupert Grint got short shrift and made to play him as a cowardly unreliable idiot. And the fans took that ran with it.

Worse they ignore that Ron might have a REASON for being so temperamental and lapsing into jealousy as much as he does. He is dirt poor, the overshadowed youngest of six sons who has never owned ANYTHING of his own and lived in sixth-time-hand me downs and leftovers. (His penny-pinching mother won't even get him his own wand at first!) And he goes to school with a bunch of rich, elitist snobs and bullies- who routinely rub his face in how poor he is, and call him a stupid, talentless nobody.

And his two best friends are a rich celebrity school athlete who constantly breaks rules and gets away with or even REWARDED for it- and a snotty, bossy, goody-two-shoes teacher's pet who is constantly nagging him or showing him up and making him look and feel stupid in class. (Really, Hermione IS insufferable for much of the series. Most of you would have been ready to shove her out a window by the end of the first ride on the Hogwart's train, and asked Ron to help you!)
RHJunior chapter 12 . 5/26
Is everybody in the wizarding world idiots and pussies? The little blond shite called him a foul name and flung a trayful of dirt on him, and got punched in the nose. But they're climbing all over Harry's frame?

I wanted to go dwarf bowling when Flitwick parroted that retarded "go tell a teacher" nonsense. Roleplay time. "Hi, I'm a bully. I wait until there are no teachers around to do as I please. And if you tell I'll just get a slap on the wrist and then beat you up again!" Bullies aren't stupid, at least not about bullying.
RHJunior chapter 8 . 5/26
uhhh, Sirius aligning with malfoy? Is malfoy not a death eater or did sirious go through the whole damn war without finding out somehow?
RHJunior chapter 4 . 5/26
if the wizarding world is flooded with gold as it seems, it may very well be that a gold coin would have less buying power than a tenner- at least in the wizarding world.
Saissa chapter 25 . 5/16
I really really enjoyed Harry's back history and the idea that he would be at Hogwarts under a disguise. For the last year or so, I have been writing my own story about this very idea. Harry being at Hogwarts under disguise, but it is totally different from yours. Now I can use this story foe ideas. And don't worry - my Harry will NOT be in Ravenclaw!

As for this story, Hermione was acting more like a baby by refusing to speak to Harry after being insulted by Ron and not even accepting that Harry was trying to DEFEND her.

Other characters such as Ron and Draco were somewhat over the top and maybe OOC. They came on very strong. again, I reiterate - the Backstory of Harry Janus Black was VERY GOOD!
Jimmy Antlers chapter 25 . 4/8
Well, to be completely honest, I'm of two opinions here. First... well, there's no nice way to tell it, but I'm partially glad that you've quit this story here. On the other hand - which is my second opinion, by the way - I'd *love* to see more.

The explanation for both could be summarized to this - this story's plot is overly complicated. In my honest opinion, that's a good thing; it makes for a more realistic story, challenging read and a small sense of victory every time it went well for the main protagonists. But at the same time, it distracts from the main point of fanfiction - or leasurely read, to be more general - which is *entertainment*. I don't know about you or any of my fellow readers (except my wife, of course), but that's the precise reason why I've read Book 5 only *twice* since I've been introduced to the Potterverse five years ago. Not that I'm comparing this story to OotP, mind you, I'm just making an example. That is, it was grating enough to read through Umbridge's torture *twice*, thank you very much. But I'm off topic.

The point is, Harry raised by a wizard but without magic, this magnificently brilliant bastard that is your Dumbledore, angsty Hermione who was pretty much alienating her very first friend for selfish reasons and her surreally cartoonish rule and authority worship, Order's (and Remus's) blind following of their glorious leader, Sirius in Azkaban, and now Tom bloody Riddle rising from dead without any rituals, much smarter and more competent than he used to be, and cracking the biggest secret of the plot, all with the very *same* boy alone, defenseless and right within his grasp... well, in my honest opinion, they were all excellent plot points that make me only bow down and compliment your sheer brilliance I'd really, really love to see continued and even expanded on, but all of them in the same fic could be a tad *overwhelming*, you know.

Don't get me wrong; I like this story and I love your other stuff - both here and on hpfanficarchive - but I don't really like what it's becoming. In my personal opinion, you should rehash some of the ideas from this story instead of outright restarting it; they are brilliant and I'd really hate to see them waste.

Thanks for a great, if a bit hair-pulling read so far.
Jimmy Antlers chapter 8 . 4/8
Salazar's Landing, you say? Is it too early to speculate about Helga's Forest and Rowena's Mound, or you've made them up, too?
Son of Perseus chapter 25 . 12/27/2015
I really enjoyed this story. Please continue
thepkrmgc chapter 25 . 7/28/2015
its a shame that this story wasnt contiuned, though i look forward to the rewrite!
thepkrmgc chapter 24 . 7/28/2015
since voldy revised his plan (and is saner then normal) he might be a possible ally (but probably not, unless sirius's anger at dumbles trumps his desire for vengence against voldemort)
thepkrmgc chapter 23 . 7/28/2015
I wonder how harry will react to tom, if it werent for voldy's insane genocidal habits it might be best to ally with him
thepkrmgc chapter 22 . 7/28/2015
its good that voldy doesnt have the real stone, and that albus's power bases are falling apart. hopefully sirius wont be too badly affected during his time in azkaban