Reviews for Who's It Gonna Be?
anafinchel chapter 42 . 4/14
wao, this was interesting! :D i liked it
sueizside chapter 42 . 9/21/2014
Such a nice, unexpected twist. I enjoyed this.
Guest chapter 42 . 8/31/2014
This was a surprise ending!
I was confused right up to the end LOL
It did become clearer through the chapters that it was Bella and Edward just wasn't sure how it all fit together until she walked into the house LOL
Thanks for sharing 3
sosueme chapter 42 . 8/26/2014
Love the writing and the format. I especially like how all along bella had the feeling that this was 'right', only, to me it didn't seem so - not until the suspicions puzzled together. Sweet little tale, thanks for sharing ;)
Remee chapter 42 . 8/21/2014
Wow. That was great
perpetually chapter 42 . 8/13/2014
What an incredible story. I love your style of writing, it's so poetic and rhythmical. I was captivated from the beginning, I love how Bella has an almost out-of-body experience yet it's a mixture of her imagination, memories and her deep coma. It's so brilliantly written, I love this so much. You're fabulous at writing.
Old Brown Shoe chapter 42 . 7/30/2014
WTF!

I got seriously confused by the middle...
maphie chapter 42 . 7/24/2014
Wow! That was phenom! Thanks for posting.
sri ffn chapter 42 . 7/12/2014
Most unusually written story. But beautiful at that.
ForeverRobsessed chapter 42 . 6/11/2014
Oh wow! I didn't see it coming. Really enjoyed reading your story :)
FreeCheeseSoup chapter 42 . 6/8/2014
'The Reason' birth control isn't 100% effective is not because the pill itself is faulty, but because the delivery system is flawed: it remains at the hands of humans, who make mistakes. Depo is 100% effective because it takes the decision making out of our fallible hands. Once we understand this, the claims to: 'gosh I guess it just happens #shrug. #mysterious universe - seems like blaming the bad weather for a cold, instead of the virus that actually causes it.

Since we are a tribe of reading/writing women telling stories to other women (or under-age girls?), it helps if we don't lie to each other about life changing things like getting, um, why we get pregnant: makes a great(sic?) Mexican soap-opera story, buuuut who wants to further a false idea that puts a lot of single-moms into poverty? I think writing about sex comes with at the very least the basic 'we know this to be true' knowledge #knockedup101

Speaking of precious illusions...

The summary is pitch perfect, and the set up was a good idea, great even.

I liked much of the short phrasing style, but some fresh vocabulary, an unusual verb, something to perk it up, would lift this up out of the hackneyed. Otherwise, all the sentiments/phrasing were predicable, if not a little boring, and sapped a lot of tensions from the 'clever' scenario. No one wants to read a purple pen, but even one fresh sentence (word) among the same-old hand-wringing would prove there's more to this writing than an unusual, but clearly contrived, plot.

The writing in tiny phrases makes the 'amnesia' storyline more 'in situ', which is a good thing, and thus, the ending less unpalatable. If, say, the reader became fully invested in fully written chapters, drawn in by foreground, background, non-static characters, et al, I could imagine some serious flaming, unless of course the writing was stellar.

Still, it digressed into melodramallama (MOMMY, WAKE UUUUP!) and so I experienced that awful second-hand embarrassment, aka fontrum. Contrived 'gatcha' plots are difficult for readers to swallow, because it breaks an understood social contract. Unless the writing is well crafted, it can turn the author into a sleazy used-car saleswoman: in that case, lemons are most unwelcome.

There are some exceptions: good books by lauded authors who have the writing chops to pull this off without invoking a riot, but I hazard a guess this writer is still young, and hasn't accumulated wisdom from the must-read list (note: there are no YA books on that list: ever).

... buuuuut this is fanfic, and that sort of experimentation is okay: here is the better place to eff around, cheat, con, inveigle a manipulated reaction (organ music optional) rather than craft a real connection. The risk is far less than, say, a paying customer base, or trying to accumulate repeat readers/fanbase.

Break that trust and ... yeah ... most won't be fooled again.

Thankfully the emotional 'let-down' (fonzie jumped a shark and it was allll a dream) wasn't harsh because it was a drabble: sans intense character development or writing nuance: nothing to get a reader overly invested, which is a good idea: keep it light before you turn them off and so you can do what the hell you want.

Still the whole ending was eye-roll-to-tha-off-piste-hole, and yet, I couldn't get mad. Fanfic drabbles are so ephemeral, with little emotional carry, even when using cut-and-run phrasing, we think: I wonder if this writer could write something that didn't flip me the bird at the end? Would it be good? Can the story be fleshed out, or would paragraphs push this story off a shallow ledge? I liked the scenario, I just wish it was ... more more and less less.

Who knows.
#plentyofishinsea
TheWhitlocksGirl chapter 42 . 6/1/2014
Heart wrenching and beautiful! :)
EdwardandBella4everFan chapter 42 . 6/1/2014
Aww, that was such a good Drabble fic. One of the best I've read. Loved it.
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 42 . 6/1/2014
Who's It Gonna Be? has been voted in the Top Ten fics completed in April 2014 by visitors of www . twifanfictionrecs . com ;-)
iamFANCY chapter 42 . 5/29/2014
OMG. This story made my heart stop in the many instances. Although I have the feeling that she really was the wife. Good job!